Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wanted France or Germany trip 13-21 Jan 18

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
HI all, Im a dad with a 14 year old lad who has just had next years school ski trip cancelled due to lack of numbers. Im off work the week of 13 - 21 Jan and looking to head out somewhere in preferably France or Germany with my son. Happy to join an already established group or start a new one with other people. On a budget so really need to keep it under £500 each and quite happy to go by road to keep prices sensible. Were from Blackburn so could join up on route or with anyone passing down the M6 or travel south to meet. I am a 48 year old pretty experienced skier with only my old worn out knees deciding where and at what speed I travel and my son has around 4 weeks on snow and can manage just about anything you throw at him on piste. Happy to ski as a group or go our own way each day once were there. Open to any suggestions so give us a shout . Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just out of interest, are you looking to do the whole trip for under £500 each? ie. including travel, accom, food+drink, liftpasses, ski-hire.
Or have you mentally excluded elements eg. the lift pass or perhaps the travel costs if you're driving? It makes quite a big difference.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Whole trip minus spending money. We have done it before self drive and managed it quite comfortably using snowtrex for the accom which includes a lift pass and if you do it at the right time of year doesn't cost much more than the price of a lift pass. Im up for leaving booking the exact resort till quite close to the date to get any late booking discounts there are out there if other people don't mind throwing the dice or going to a smaller resort. Currently you can go to Superdevoluy for £204 each including the 2 person in a 4 berth supplement so its quite doable. We have all our own ski gear so driving saves on extra baggage cost associated with flying and means the playstation and any other extra gear my lad wants can come along as well. If we can get another 2 people interested or even more then the price goes down and the transport costs get split more ways hence the post on here.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Completely fair - I was going to say that if you're looking to get it all in for that, you're probably best off looking at late deals. Similarly, small resorts that may not have the most advanced snow-making are less of a risk last-minute.

I used to do it all the time, myself - not everyone has the nerve to hang on till the final few days though Wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm the same position but looking at 13-23rd Dec, can you adjust your dates, my lad is 16.

We could easily do it for under £500 each with the 4 of us.

We are looking at 2 alpes (Glacier).
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
hi Esdel. Unfortunately I work shifts so my dates are fixed as it's my rostered break in Jan and I don't have any floating days left to take.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just a quick update to flesh out the pricing for this jaunt. Accommodation and lift pass for 6 days skiing and 7 nights in some decent resorts are starting to drop and currently we could manage to get a 6 berth apartment including supplement for only 3 occupants for £250 each. This is including places like St. François-Longchamp which is connected to Valmorel with over 160km of piste so not too shabby at all. Fuel is going to be about £100 each way as is the motorway tolls and the ferry comes in about £100 return. Add this all together and we get £500 for travel and £250 a head for lift pass and accommodation. One more body in the car splits the travel 3 ways leaving the cost at about £415. If we managed to get 4 of us in then obviously things get cheaper including the accommodation. and it comes in at just under £350 a head.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy