Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

telepeage doofer

Poster: A snowHead
Just got a reminder letter from Sanef / Bip&Go that my UK credit card was about to expire.
Fill in form at foot of page and return
all fine BUT £1.17 for a stamp for a French letter, wtf! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@boredsurfin, I've got the APRR doofer and when my UK credit card was about to expire they just sent me an email and I went to their website and updated the details online. Sounds a bit odd that Sanef as a technology based company don't let you do that and still require a paper form and snail mail delivery. Puzzled
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Alastair Pink, Yep, I thought that as well, but I am on an old contract that allows Credit card to be charged. If they had my bank details I could change those on line. Seemingly most of their customers are now on sto with a French bank account. I think it all changed when they formed Bip and Go.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
adithorp wrote:
The first toll booth can be a bit slow to react with a new one (and sometimes start of a new trip) but they are ready to use.

Two weeks ago Mrs Shaker screamed as we approached the barrier at 30kmh. It was very close... and hilarious. But not for her Laughing

My 'Ye of little faith' comment did not go down well.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@bar shaker, It's an under 30kph lane to be fair and work very well at 20-25kph... but where's the fun in that Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The Calais ones have had a delay built in for years - or it seems that way, but the new 30kph one there doesnt seem to have a delay.....
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I parked in a car park in the centre of Aix en Provence this week and rather than being issued with a ticket it was charged to my telepeage. I don't know how widespread it is, first time I've noticed it.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well. I have my APRR doofer, and the instructions suggested that I log in to the Client area of their website.
I know my identification number (25009 and then the 7digit client number)
But the password is supposed to be my postcode. I suspect that the system got confused with my UK-style postcode when I ordered the device?

I have tried the full postcode, the full postcode without spaces, the first half of the postcode, the first 5 characters of the postcode (French postcodes seem to be 5characters long).
Nothing works, and I have now (temporarily) locked my account.

Has anyone else successfully got into their APRR account with this initial password/postcode ? If so, how?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I must have done but it was a long time ago. Mine is now a password that I set. You're right french post codes are just 5 digits. I have rung the APRR helpdesk but getting help in English may be more difficult, email or online help may be easier.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@jamescollings, See this thread: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2408924&highlight=postcode+aprr#2408924

Initially you enter a password as a postcode value of 00000. You can then subsequently change your password in your details once connected.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ah... I wish I'd entered that Postcode when I ordered Smile I stupidly used my UK Postcode doh!.
I'll email support and see if my google-translated text makes sense to them Smile
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Confused by one of the above comments - could those in the know confirm if the APRR doofers are good to go right away or do they need to be activated?

Thanks!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Page23 wrote:
Confused by one of the above comments - could those in the know confirm if the APRR doofers are good to go right away or do they need to be activated?

Thanks!

They're good to go - people are just saying that on first use there is a small delay before it bleeps and opens the barrier. We are talking a second or two.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
jamescollings wrote:
Ah... I wish I'd entered that Postcode when I ordered Smile I stupidly used my UK Postcode doh!.
I'll email support and see if my google-translated text makes sense to them Smile

I've done this in the past and it's been fine.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
They do have to be activated through the website, and fairly quickly too or they cancel them.
snow report
Still conflicting views! Puzzled
snow report
When I first got one I used to imagine our foreign cousins laughing at the Rosbif heading for the wrong lane... before majestically sweeping through leaving them stuck fumbling for Euros in the coin tray...
ski holidays
Page23 wrote:
Still conflicting views! Puzzled

It's a long time since I got my APRR doofer. I don't recall having to do online activation but it's possible I've forgotten or if it's a new thing.

I can't see anything on the website about it but French isn't good.
latest report
I've just been on my account and can't see any place for you to activate the badge. My recent replacement is marked as "Active" and the accompanying letter did not require me to activate it.
snow conditions
There is a section where you put in your account number and postcode which then prompts you to reset a password. It doesn’t seem to be for activation, rather for account info etc. It was fortunately very straightforward.

Thanks all.
snow report
@Page23, if you haven't already, it's useful to have the APRR account set up to be paid by a credit card that doesn't charge you extra for non-Sterling transactions, eg. Halifax Clarity credit card.
ski holidays
Yes, I did that when I set it up originally
snow conditions
Page23 wrote:

Thanks!

I have had a doofer since 2006, first with SANEF and then with APRR, I've never had to activate the badge on any occasion.
snow conditions
You definitely have to "activate" the liber-t (sanef) one. It's not really activating, it's you confirming you have got it so that they do not de-activate it as far as I can see. This is the email they send :-

You should now have received your Liber-t tag. We have noticed, however that you have not yet activated it via our website. Activation is important to ensure that you have received the correct tag. If your tag is not activated, we may assume that you have not received it and deactivate it.

Please activate your tag by clicking the link below
ski holidays
I use ATMB one and have had no problem. All on line and ready to go out of the box. Took that one 4 years ago as there was no doofer charge.

They were really good this year. In a vw transporter and has a few class 2 charges on the facture. Queryed them and they teduced them straight down to class 1.
ski holidays
Just had an email from ATMB:

ATMB wrote:
Cher(e) client(e),

Nous sommes heureux de vous compter parmi nos abonnés télépéage liber-t Evasion.

Pour vous remercier de votre fidélité et plus particulierement lorsque vous utilisez les autoroutes ATMB, un nouvel avantage vous est réservé à partir du 1er avril 2018 :

- les frais d’abonnement liber-t Evasion seront offerts à partir du 3ème passage effectué sur ATMB dans le mois. Ainsi votre abonnement sera gratuit les mois concernés, seuls les frais de péage seront facturés au tarif en vigueur.

Par exemple, si vous empruntez une fois le péage de Bonneville et celui de Nangy, le troisième passage sur ATMB déclenchera la gratuité du frais d’abonnement mensuel !

Parce qu’ATMB a à cœur de contribuer au développement du territoire et de vous offrir les meilleures conditions, cet avantage vous permettra de profiter du télépéage sans limite pour vos déplacements sur notre réseau.

A compter de cette date, le tarif des frais d’abonnement mensuel sera de 1.90€/mois circulé.

Vous pouvez consulter les nouvelles conditions générales de délivrance et d’utilisation de votre abonnement, en vigueur au 1er avril 2018, en cliquant sur ce lien.

Vous bénéficiez de façon automatique de ces nouvelles conditions.

Nos conseillers clientèle sont à votre écoute du lundi au vendredi de 7h à 19h30 et le samedi de 8h30 à 16h45 au 0800 074 100 (appel gratuit depuis un poste fixe).

Nous vous prions d’agréer nos salutations distinguées et vous souhaitons une bonne route sur ATMB.

La Direction Clientèle ATMB

Which I take to mean that from 1 April the monthly fee (when used) rises to €1.90 (currently €1.60) but this fee is waived if you use it more than three times in the month.
ski holidays
altis wrote:

Which I take to mean that from 1 April the monthly fee (when used) rises to €1.90 (currently €1.60) but this fee is waived if you use it more than three times in the month.

Yes.

I've never understood the monthly charge, given that they've fired a load of people since they introduced the telepeages.

I've just taken out a Euro telepeage, which has an even higher monthly charge, I'm just waiting to see how much extra it is going to cost.
snow report
And had to laugh on the way back when we joined the Autoroute at St Jean de Maurienne. There were two booths, the one on the right had an ambulance and a car waiting while the one on the left was empty. I naturally picked the empty one but the car following us noticed our GB plates and, at the last moment, pulled right to join the other two. Of course we just sailed through before the barrier had moved even once on the other side. Smug grin Smile

I'm still amazed at how few French seem to use 'em.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
davidof wrote:
I've just taken out a Euro telepeage

What does that cover?
ski holidays
Spain, Portugal, Italy, France.
snow conditions
Hi all had the APRR doofer since 2011, i am off driving through France down to Alpe D'Huez on Thursday. I am hoping to call in at one of the APRR offices near Lyon en route and exchange it for a new one, it was still beeping last years trips, but as it was 6 years old last November, i think i might see if they will swap for a new one.

Has anyone stopped at one of their areas and done this
snow conditions
@davidof, could you post details of site to apply for the Euro one as we are going to be doing a Euro trip in our motorhome later this year. Thanks
ski holidays
Timbobaggins wrote:
@davidof, could you post details of site to apply for the Euro one as we are going to be doing a Euro trip in our motorhome later this year. Thanks

It is called topEurop

https://www.area-enligne.com/Area/abonnement.aspx?site=area&lang=FR&page=topEurop&section=topEurop

if you are with another company you may need to look on their website to upgrade.

There should be an Italy option somewhere.
latest report
@davidof, Is that a new thing? When we looked at combining a French one with an Italian one, we were told we needed to drive a lorry in order to do that! So we have both currently, but it would be easier if one covered both countries! But looking at your link, I'm not sure it covers Italy
ski holidays
Italy since this week but only with AREA. APRR are bringing one out later this year.

I've just got mine. It is tied to a registration plate / car so may not suit everyone.
snow conditions
@davidof, Thanks Smile
snow report
@davidof,
Thanks
snow conditions
@Timbobaggins, My APRR tag was nearly 10 years old so I reported it "possibly broken" on their website and they sent me a new one and I posted the old one back.

The website says:
Quote:
In our APRR and AREA Customer Spaces, our customer advisors will welcome you, during the week and for some at weekends, to inform you about:
If you are an electronic toll customer, you will also be able to:
Discover the different APRR offers and possibly change the formula
Request new support for your badge or change your badge
Report the loss or theft of your badge
Take advantage of our partner offers
snow conditions
Hells Bells wrote:
There are now loads more open without height restrictions too.

Maybe but still pretty random...always fun for the people behind as to whether i veer left or right...or test my nerve and go straight through the CC lanes..at speed.
snow report
Alastair Pink wrote:
adithorp wrote:
APRR tourist deal is cheaper than the SANEF one.

When I got mine it was 20euro refundable deposit for the tag but they had a deal on that gave you 20euro credit against tolls (thanks to a heads up on here). No annual fee. 1euro for any calendar month you use it plus the tolls. Think I've had it 7 years now and battery is still going strong.

Agreed APRR tourist deal is cheaper than SANEF.

The standard APRR tourist deal is detailed here: http://www.aprr.fr/fr/telepeagelibert/particuliers/offre-occasionnels
€11 initial payment for the doofer including postage, then €1.70 payment charge for each month in which you use it (plus the toll charges of course), no charge for months when it's not used.

I am trying to order the APRR doofer from the above link but cannot proceed as being shown a form requesting a postcode in either France, Austria or Germany. Could someone who has successfully ordered please advise?

Thanks
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy