Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Long weekend break

Poster: A snowHead
Hi fellow skiers,

I'm generally good planning trips but struggling to come up with a logistics that I could do 4 weekends short breaks during winter, leaving Thursday and returning Sunday, for instance. I'm trying to keep on budget - 300-350 tops each.

Has anyone got known routes (flights, trains, coaches) that transfer is easy and accommodation is not over expensive ?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You could probably do Scotland for that budget but I think the Alps would be impossible to do for that price.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Try flying to Austria. Innsbruck has good train links. Salzburg and Munich are also good options.
Make enquiries at local tourist offices. They are far more likely to offer deals for smaller bnbs who don't demand Sat to Sat trips. I went to schladming for only €35 per single room per night.
I'm also going to Soll for similar price this season (but I am going sat to sat) also look on air bnb and booking.com
Also look to hire a car. I'm hiring one from Munich airport in December for only £95 for a week.
If you have a car I can recommend getting ski amade ski pass as it gives you acess to lots of resort's all within an hour drive.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Aosta or cervinia

8-11 Feb

Flights £77 (from london)
Accommodation £78 each
Lift pass £60
Car hire £30 each

£245

Accommodation with booking.com but airbnb would be cheaper as would a bus to cervinia / aosta - only 1.5hrs from turin
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@PaulC1984, you're being optimistic!!
The Cervina lift pass for 3 days peak season is €129. http://www.cervinia.it/en/inverno/tariffe
Does your flight price include for any hold baggage?
Boot and Equipment hire - €25 per day
Don't forget to factor in fuel and tolls to the car hire transfer cost.
No budget for food and drink?

Adding all that takes it well over his £350 max budget.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Ray Zorro, sorry I meant aosta pass,

Tolls and fuel are minimal

I don't ever include food ad it's an unknown variable that the OP didn't specify.

Give us some Scotland costs then Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@PaulC1984, But the Aosta pass is more expensive than the Cervinia one?

From Milan to Cervinia return you'd probably spend about £60-80 on tolls and fuel. Depends how many you're dividing that cost by, but it's still a factor to include.

Don't get me wrong - I'm disappointed at how much the cost is coming out at. I've done loads of short trips as they are my preference. Sad
I have done overnight coach in the past, but it doesn't look like that particular company still operates that option and have moved over to flight only now.

If you are close enough to drive, then Scotland wouldn't be expensive.
Some years ago we did a snowHeads trip to Scotland. Details here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=68286&highlight=aviemore I can't remember the sleeper train fare now though? I think it was about £60 return but I may be wrong? Fare prices aren't out for next year yet.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
PaulC1984 wrote:
8-11 Feb

SAUZE D'OULX FOR TWO

£154.00 FLIGHTS € 173.03 (RYANAIR - LONDON-TURIN)
£60.00 TRANSFER € 67.42 (PUBLIC TRANSPORT - TRAIN/BUS)
£196.00 ACCOMODATION € 220.22 (AIR BnB)
£200.00 SKI PASS € 224.72 (ISH)
£70.00 SKI HIRE € 78.65 (ISH)

£340.00 EACH € 382.02

Food is cheap / wine is cheaper ....
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks everyone!!! Manage to fine flight transfer, hostel and 3 day lift pass for below 300 in chamonix!! Early Jan, let me know anyone up to!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Gustavobs, chuck us the details! sounds great!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sure!

EasyJet flight Gat-Geneva 05/01 - 08/01 £54
EasyBus ~ £30 return ticket
Bed in shared dorm Chalet-Ski-Station - £53
3 day Lift Pass - ~ £150

On top of that would still need equipment, but that looks good enough.

If anyone willing to join me, I'm intermediate skier, enjoy mostly Red runs at the moment hoping to improve technique this winter Smile
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Gustavobs, I'm there the weekends either side of that - sorry! Would have shown you around if I was there.

Pop over to the snowbuddy thread and put your details on there: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=98245
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@fixx cheers buddy! done that!

Smile
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Oh, the Easybus buses will drop you off at the Cham Sud bus stop. If you arrive during the day, take the ski bus to Brevent from there, which will then be a very short walk to your accommodation. If it's in the evening it'll be about a 20min walk, including a steep hill...

There's a ski hire place right beside you/Brevent lift too - not the biggest, but for a few days just go for that rather than hiking up and down the hill to anywhere else!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@fixx very helpful! Thanks for the tip!
snow report
@Gustavobs, glad that you got something sorted and hope you have a great time.
That is an amazing price for return flights!
In case you didn't know, ski hire can usually work out cheaper if done online in advance.
latest report
@Ray Zorro yeap! Really good! Will have a look.

Hopefully I find other solo skiers there, so far going on my own!
snow conditions
If your looking to keep the budget low check the weather and if heavy snow is forecast buy day passes. There are rarely queues at the ticket booths in Jan and if the lifts are delayed opening you could get away with a 4hr pass and shave another £5-10 per day...if your lucky enough to have bluebird days forecast just get a three day pass though!
ski holidays
manicpb wrote:
If your looking to keep the budget low check the weather and if heavy snow is forecast buy day passes. There are rarely queues at the ticket booths in Jan and if the lifts are delayed opening you could get away with a 4hr pass and shave another £5-10 per day...if your lucky enough to have bluebird days forecast just get a three day pass though!

Thanks! Hopefully nice days!
ski holidays
@Gustavobs, very tempting! I could fly from Birmingham! I need a pre-bash training session! I will keep you posted Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy