Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which UCPA for 3/3/18?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

We're looking at a week-long UCPA trip. We don't speak French, are intermediate skiers and will likely take the half-week instruction option. We've narrowed down the options to:
Serre Chevalier (slight concern about altitude and sun in March - I've only ever been skiing in Jan before)
La Plagne (slight concern about reports of busy pistes - I like quiet slopes)
Les Arcs
Flaine
Les 2 Alpes (but we've been here before so would rather try somewhere new)
Tignes
Val Thorens

I do like nice scenery and trees, so in that respect Serre Che looks like a good option and Tignes/Val Thorens not so great.

Any tips/recommendations available?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@milzibkit, I love trees, but don't think they're very high up the priority list when UCPA chose their resorts. All of the above have good or wonderful mountain scenery. None of those towns, from a building point of view, is attractive IMO. When in March are you going?

Based mostly on extent of pistes good for intermediates, likelihood of decent snow conditions and access to at least a few tree-lined pistes, my instinct would be:
1. Les Arcs
2. La Plagne
3. Serre Che or Flaine
I wouldn't go to L2A again.

However, Tignes and Val T have the best probability of good snow and a large amount of interesting intermediate skiing accessible. That's why they're usually a bit more expensive.
You'd be very unlucky in early March not to have decent snow in Les Arcs or La Plagne. If late March then I'd favour Tignes or Val T.
I'd also check out location/reviews on each UCPA, as that could influence a decision.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@intermediate, 3rd March...its in the thread title
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@holidayloverxx, thanks D'Oh Embarassed
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for your thoughts. Your order of preference is very similar to my own so nice to see i don't seem to be missing anything fundamental.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@milzibkit, my thoughts are based on both the UCPA centre and resort;

1. I would say Serre Che has what your after, a lovely centre, trees, good pistes and lots of off-piste. Snow should still be good.
2. Val T, nice centre, amazing resort.
3. Tignes, small centre great resort with amazing pistes and off-piste options. Val Claret is great part of the resort and has the Grizzly bar!
4. Les Arcs. The biggest of the UCPAs with its own nightclub. Remote so you'll stay here mostly. The food was awesome here. Good resort with trees nice looking too.
5. Flaine, nice centre but didn't like resort at all. Wouldn't go back. La Plagne - never been.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy