Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2017/2018

Poster: A snowHead
Jonpim wrote:
If MeteoExploration is anything to go by, then a full metre is gonna fall Shocked

But very windy weekend . . .

Just glad the vans will be in covered parking Shock Shock. I can drive now bt wouldn't be able to dig one out of a metre of snow!! LOL Or more - depending on which way the wind blows!

I'll go get some photos when it falls Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Watching the webcams and this thread with plenty of excitement. Can't wait to get out there in January with hopefully plenty of snow already fallen. Still early days but everywhere looks like it is already in a better state than this time last year?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Fridge03, I'm afraid all those lovely snowy pictures are an elaborate hoax perpetrated by the same guys who faked the moon landing. There's actually no snow. No snow at all. Toofy Grin
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Jonpim, is that post above from last year ?

from Montalberts Facebook page
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The comparison using of 12th December will hopefully be even more remarkable
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Don't be taken in guys: boredsurfin is also part of the conspiracy.
Impressive what you can do with Photoshop.
If you look at the real contemporary Montalbert webcam, you will see there's no snow at all Toofy Grin

(intersting the difference between the south facing side of the valley and Montalbert at 1350)
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
That'll teach me!
Weather Gods ruining my cheeky text: now you can't see the other side of the valley.
Looks like the Great Snow has started.
Looking good for next week snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
1.62m of snowfall over the next 5 days according to SnowForecast! Shocked

If even half that materialises then it's going to be a great start to the season!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The slight fly in the ointment is that freezing levels on Sunday are a bit too high so the lower villages may get rain...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
It's been snowing overnight with at least 3 inches of snow settled on our terrace in Champagny village (1250m) and it is currently snowing moderately. Meteo France are forecasting snow falling in 12 of the next 13 days so it should be a great start to the season. Looking at the webcams yesterday a lot of the pistes around La Plagne had been bashed so that should create a good base for the snow that is forecast.

boredsurfin Do you think EasyJet will notice the snow shovel in your hand luggage or do you have staff to clear the entrance to your apartment?

@Jonpim, You never know this could be fake news, there's a lot of it around you know. For instance, I'm sure I saw Johnny Halliday in the code bar last night.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
No, no, skichampcouk, Johnny Halliday works down the Friterie.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
That's odd. The guy at the Friterie swore to me he was Elvis???
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@skichampcouk, @Jonpim, Johnny Halliday is usually working as an instructor for ESF Montalbert as his day job snowHead (Yes really)

@skichampcouk, Staff naturally snowHead Being in the 'Vieux Village' the front is cleared by the Mairie but the rear driveway is cleared with the aid of a €10 note and a beer wink

My Digital Media Marketing department have been busy this morning wink 8 Days

https://twitter.com/Montalbert73

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Fri 8-12-17 12:30; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
More from https://twitter.com/Montalbert73

snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
boredsurfin wrote:
@ukredsox, If you are a fan of Croque Neige, good news, the boys are opening another restaurant piste side in the new flats that the Bergerie chair goes alongside/over. Chatting to them in the Summer they hadnt decided what to call it, but they didnt think my suggestion of Croque Neige 2 would be accepted by the Mayor (!)

Yes, I saw your update on the Restaurants thread.

I've been a regular (well, during my one week per year) at CN for most of the past decade.

We're staying in Soleil on our late Jan trip, so the location of their new place should be handy for me
snow report
The new Chairlift Envers which was supposed to open last season has not achieved its certifications for this season and will not open until a date in the future.

Locals have been told off the record that it may open at the end of March!
ski holidays
@boredsurfin, no Envers lift still?! This must be some sort of record?! It'll be in need of replacing by the time it opens at this rate...

Any word on the work at the Arpette on the new magic carpet and lift set up? All gone quiet over on Personal La Plagne news page........

But SNOW! So much Snow snowHead

Currently trying to find a friend for a January long weekend!
snow conditions
@chopkins13, Yep! Apparently, some in the lift co are suggesting they start again from scratch with an established company!

No word from Arpette sector - no news is good news we hope...

Cockofthenorth is out there now and says there is a good base on the pistes as well
ski holidays
Unusual that there's been no updates on the PLP site for nearly a month. They're normally on top of lift news
snow conditions
skichampcouk wrote:
That's odd. The guy at the Friterie swore to me he was Elvis???

Excellent. LOL
ski holidays
Everywhere looks so wonderful just now on the webcams.
Calm before the storm ...
snow report
I know its La Rosière, but I was rushing when I left LP and forgot to take pictures (and they'd ploughed the road, so the effect wasn't so good). Picture was taken at 6am just up from Sport 2000 while waiting for my transfer person. She reckoned the snow on her walk to meet me was up to her knees (she's about 5'4"). In Plagne Centre at 4.30am, there was nearly a foot of snow outside my place. Will try and get some pictures in La Plagne tomorrow Smile

snow report
Oh - it was white all the way to Geneva Very Happy and snowed (lightly) all the way there and most of the way back! I picked up a group of ESF instructors at La Roche who'd skied down from Aime 2000 and were hitchhiking back! Apparently the snow is amazing! Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Great photo, lucky to be out there right now!
snow report
So just to be clear, no Envers chair this season?
latest report
TWJ wrote:
So just to be clear, no Envers chair this season?

Certainly not at the beginning of the season buy maybe in March....

Here is a copy of the announcement published on APLP.fr

INFORMATION TELESIEGE DES ENVERs

Bonjour à tous,

Suite à l'exploitation du télésiège des Envers cet été, des ajustements et modifications ont été réalisés sur l'automne. Les essais vont donc pouvoir débuter sur les prochains jours.

Pour rappel, ce télésiège est un prototype qui nécessite de multiples certificats de conformité et des homologations poussées. Le constructeur reste à ce jour en attente d'une partie de ces documents, la conséquence directe étant une non-ouverture de l’appareil sur le début de saison.
Une information à destination de nos clients sera affichée sur le terrain (départ télécabine de Montalbert, départ des télésièges de la Roche et des Envers et sur les écrans).

Nous ne pouvons pas encore communiquer de date d'ouverture précise et nous le ferons évidemment dès que nous en aurons connaissance. Sachez que la SAP suit ce dossier de près.

Excellent début de saison !
snow report
TELESIEGE NFORMATION

Hello everyone,

Following the operation of the Envers chairlift this summer, adjustments and modifications were made over the fall. The tests will therefore be able to start over the next few days.

As a reminder, this chairlift is a prototype that requires multiple certificates of compliance and advanced approvals. The manufacturer remains to this day waiting for some of these documents, the direct consequence being a non-opening of the device on the beginning of the season.
Information to our customers will be posted on the ground (departure from the Montalbert gondola, departure of the chairlifts of La Roche and Les Envers and on the screens).

We can not yet communicate a specific opening date and we will obviously do so as soon as we become aware of it. Be aware that SAP is following this issue closely.

Excellent start to the season!
snow report
Thanks for the translate, boredsurfin.
I presume LST gave the lowest quote and the best presentation
(or they sent in a load of gorgeous girlies to sleep with all the La Plagne SAP committee)
Either way, not good for the company, and definitely not good for La Plagne.
Let's hope they have better outcome with new arrangement at Arpette.
But the post is correct in the last line: indeed an excellent start to the season.
(And here! Had to cancel our lunch date due to snow! Still falling. And cars sliding all over the place out there)
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Jonpim, There are a few stories and gossip none of which i could put here, I'll see you next week snowHead
ski holidays
Has anyone seen a piste map yet or do you think someone’s having to tippex out the Envers lift on every copy ?
ski holidays
boredsurfin wrote:
@Jonpim, is that post above from last year ?

from Montalberts Facebook page

Good comparison photo.

By Dec 10, 2016, La Plagne had received ~20cm snowfall for the season.

By Dec 10, 2017, La Plagne had received ~60cm snowfall for the season.

This year has been colder and more topups.
snow report
boredsurfin wrote:
TELESIEGE NFORMATION

Hello everyone,

Following the operation of the Envers chairlift this summer, adjustments and modifications were made over the fall. The tests will therefore be able to start over the next few days.

As a reminder, this chairlift is a prototype that requires multiple certificates of compliance and advanced approvals. The manufacturer remains to this day waiting for some of these documents, the direct consequence being a non-opening of the device on the beginning of the season.
Information to our customers will be posted on the ground (departure from the Montalbert gondola, departure of the chairlifts of La Roche and Les Envers and on the screens).

We can not yet communicate a specific opening date and we will obviously do so as soon as we become aware of it. Be aware that SAP is following this issue closely.

Excellent start to the season!

What does this mean ? Why didn't they just install a tried and tested model ?
ski holidays
@eblunt, All sorts of stories doing the rounds. LST have won a major contract in China and so have Compagnie des Alpes who operate La Plagne.
http://www.lst.eu/en/mnd-signs-a-record-3-year-e110-million-master-contract-in-china/
https://www.compagniedesalpes.com/en
One might guess that the lift is a prototype being developed for the China project.....
We went on it in summer and apart from having rather hard seats it seemed fine.
snow report
eblunt, everything now in use was Untried and Untested before.
Have a look at LST's website.
Clearly not cowboys.
I'm betting on sabbotage from Poma or the La Roche Restaurant.

Anyway, at the going rate of snowfall, no skiing will be possible due to all lifts being completely buried in snow.
(and all access roads blocked).
ski holidays
It's still snowing! Took me about 3.5 hours more than it should have to get to Geneva and back today. Snow all through the valley on the way out, turned to slush and ice on the way back with big rain causing huge puddles! Icy up the mountain to about turn 4 where it started to turn back to snow instead of rain (much easier to drive on snow than freezing rain and slush!).

Chucking with snow in Centre still.

Yesterday afternoon -

Looks like they switched on the heated path!!

Tonight - dodgy pics as it was about 9pm and still snowing!

Same view as the first pic (honest!)

There is actually a lot more snow that it seems. Stood on the path, I think the snow in the middle is probably above mid thigh on me (I'm 5'7"!) They have turned off the heated path though Sad

snow conditions
Looks like its raining in Montalbert.
Whats it like up in Centre?
snow report
It was a bit warm (-1 to +1) at 7am. I'm off out again in a mo, no actual rain I think, but everything has gone a little mushy Sad Sad
snow conditions
I can be pretty positive tonight. I was a little disillusioned as I spent today driving to Geneva and back in pretty much continuous torrential rain Sad Right up until we got to Montchavin to drop of my passenger - then it started to snow.

I then drove to Aime to swap the minibus for a car so my colleague could drive to Geneva in the rain and I could drive his car back up the mountain. He warned me that it was snowy from turn ten. He was wrong

There was lots of snow on the road from turn 20. By Plagne Centre it was VERY snowy. Heavy snow all the way up.

And still snowing now!! Very Happy Very Happy Nice soft fluffy snow, not the heavy solid stuff I'd expected cos it was warm. Temperature is dropping a little, still not as cold as it has been, but making light fluffy snow, so that's great Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Yup. Webcam pics would suggest snow down in Montalbert today snowHead

And Happy Birthday chaletgirl. Very Happy
ski holidays
News just in from LST the manufacturers of the 'new' Envers chairlift
It will be ready to open for the Christmas Holidays BUT they are awaiting Government approvals....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy