Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2017/2018

Poster: A snowHead
Looks like they're preparing a trap. Very strange.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bit more snow yesterday and overnight last night - looking stunning up there this morning!

http://www.ice-fire.co.uk/resort-information-paradiski-la-plagne-les-coches/weather-webcams
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Jonpim, yes, we were told the same story over on the les arcs side. Really rubbish. Thank god I have access to other options. For anyone still wanting to get discounts in other areas either go on saturdays when it is cheaper and risk the traffic or get a ski a la carte card and get 15% discount most days you go in some areas. Not great, but better than nothing. Sad
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
From a quick tour of the webcams it looks like the wind has certainly made the snowfall over the last couple of days accumulate more strongly in some areas than others - the Rossa on Champagny side looks to have done particularly well whereas Bergerie on La Plagne side definitely looks more wind swept. Cold temps this week should hopefully allow the pisteurs to do their magic though and get a really good proportions of the area open for opening weekend for a change (please don't send a foehn!)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
France meteo is forecasting 8 days of snow showers from Wednesday. Fingers crossed snowHead
http://www.meteofrance.com/previsions-meteo-montagne/la-plagne/73210
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Snow cannons have been working big style, I can hear them from the apartment!!

snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Great pics snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanx. Really need to learn to use the proper camera, not just my phone! Was in Meribel yesterday and there was a fab view of the cannons on in a line up the mountain - no camera to hand and the phone spaz's out in the cold and had died Sad Will try to be better prepared!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Following on from my earlier post about the blurred areas on the Bergerie webcam, there are a few other areas receiving the same treatment, eg the top of the lift on the Becoin cam and the boarding area on the Colorado cam.

I suspect that this relates to some privacy laws/rules. However, it's not consistent across all cams.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Loads and loads of snow in our garden down the valley this morning Happy How's it looking up top @chaletgirl,
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Blooming white it was!! LOL Not worth taking photos as it was cloudy but apparently 10cm of snow overnight Very Happy Very Happy Luckily they are being great with the roads as I had to go to the valley!

Will go out for photos tomorrow Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I was wrong! It didn't clear at all, it started snowing again! Bit of a breeze, so who know where the snow will end up!!

Not overly keen as the forecast is to snow all night and tomorrow - I'm supposed to drive up to Courchevel for 9am, but not convinced its a good idea (dodgy arm, can't put on snow chains yet). Dammit! But, can't complain - at least we have loads of snow!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I was up in LP today - freezing cold but white white white - looking lovely. Can't wait to get out on my skis!

Good luck for the drive tomorrow @chaletgirl,
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
First trip to La Plagne on 19th december for a week staying with esprit (hotel des deux domaines) in belle plagne. First time skiing with a child although he is only 13 months so won't be hitting the slopes. Have just booked ski hire from sport 2000 Armand Berard Sports - is this easy to get to from our hotel? We will most likely have the push chair with us, is belle plagne ok to get around with the buggy? Thanks.

Webcams are looking great and after not skiing last winter, I can't wait.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@laura1182, easy enough to get to on foot all pedestrianised. I would not recommend a buggy/pushchair that’ll be a nightmare!
snow report
@laura1182, I'd recommend a baby carrier rather than a buggy as whilst its pedestrianised, there are a lot of steps up and down and the snow/ice clearance on the ground sometimes isn't great. If you do take a buggy, the Esprit staff will know the best ways into the village to avoid the steps and there are also quite a few lifts in resort as well.
latest report
@laura1182, we're taking our baby in March to Belle Plagne - he'll be 13 months by then. We're planning on picking up a cheap sledge to pull him around in!!! (Or rather his grandparents who are coming along as babysitters will be doing the pulling!!!)

Agree with the other posts, wouldn't recommend a buggy on snow and with all the steps in Belle Plagne - though there is a lift to cut out some but not all.
snow report
We have an off road buggy that I use for buggy running, it will be going even if it’s only used in and around the airport, I’ll also have a carrier. Good tip re the sledge, will look to do the same, thanks
snow conditions
Just had an email from the people at Hotel Les Glieres in Champagny saying the ski season in Champagny opens on 16th December so I assume all the lower village resorts will open then.
Normally the village resorts open the week after the higher altitude resorts but this season it appears they will all be opening on the same day.
Anybody else heard this?
ski holidays
@skichampcouk, Yep entire resort opens on 16th
ski holidays
All open on 16/12 Villages close 22/4 Altitude 28th April 2018
ski holidays
@boredsurfin, That's good news.
We've just arrived in Champagny to do a bit of work on the apartment and everything is looking very wintry.
Was -4 when we arrived at 6pm so should keep the snow in good condition.
ski holidays
Snow and Sunshine wrote:
I was up in LP today - freezing cold but white white white - looking lovely. Can't wait to get out on my skis!

Good luck for the drive tomorrow @chaletgirl,

Thank you - it was fine! I nearly cancelled at 6am, but decided to go anyway and it was a lovely drive Very Happy x
snow conditions
Some pics today, standing outside Croq Neige -

The view from Centre down to 1800 -

snow report
@chaletgirl, wow, just wow snowHead Thanks for posting.
ski holidays
No worries. It gives me somewhere to put pictures of snow where people don't get annoyed!! LOL
latest report
@chaletgirl looking great!
snow conditions
chaletgirl wrote:
Some pics today, standing outside Croq Neige -

That's my view three or four lunchtimes each trip
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ukredsox wrote:

That's my view three or four lunchtimes each trip

LOL Its a good place for lunch! LOL Very Happy
latest report
@chaletgirl, fantastic - and thanks for feedin' the needin' !

Out in 2.5 weeks to Les Arcs, am guessing / hoping / praying / anticipating similar coverage over 'that side'.
ski holidays
Thank you for the lovely pictures chaletgirl - you can just about see our apartment in the 1800 picky.
(not there just yet)
And this season looks like turning out rather good (well, this Christmas anyway):
Meteofrance
Meteoblue
snowHead
ski holidays
@ukredsox, If you are a fan of Croque Neige, good news, the boys are opening another restaurant piste side in the new flats that the Bergerie chair goes alongside/over. Chatting to them in the Summer they hadnt decided what to call it, but they didnt think my suggestion of Croque Neige 2 would be accepted by the Mayor (!)

Also have a look at Montalbert73 on Instagram for some nice pictures

@Jonpim, Yeo, so good we have just extended our visit by another 5 days snowHead
latest report
@boredsurfin, the new restaurant is called Le Chairlift and will be run by Vincent - Bertrand will run the Croq. should be good!
latest report
@Charliee, Ha! they said they were looking for a name the English could pronounce Toofy Grin
latest report
Any chance of the resort opening early? My son is out there right now and his first guests don't arrive till the 16th. Seems a shame to waste all that snow.
snow conditions
From what I've heard, no! Some of the locals are hiking up so they get to ski! Very Happy
snow report
Sorry, honved, but the resort is not allowed to open until i arrive.
The 16th it is. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Jonpim wrote:
Sorry, honved, but the resort is not allowed to open until i arrive.
The 16th it is. Toofy Grin

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
They won't want to ski next week - apparently its going to snow from Friday for about five days! (So the forecast said!) Very Happy
snow conditions
If MeteoExploration is anything to go by, then a full metre is gonna fall Shocked

But very windy weekend . . .
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy