Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fantasy Ski Racer League

Poster: A snowHead
I will be starting a team as requested so anyone who wishes to join and add a bit of spice to the World Cup racing season. I need a new team name as the snowHeads one was used last season.

So two things needed:

- a fun name that an American system will accept as not being too crude Toofy Grin

and

- members who are prepared to play throughout the season.

You need to join Fantasy Ski Racer and make your first selections. Then contact me with your FSR name and I'll invite you to join the league.

So far I have heard from:

kooky, Briand6868, WayneC, RobboJ, Fattes13, Spud and a couple of non-SnowHead regulars.

We can have as many members as we like, so the more the merrier.

Toofy Grin
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Invites have now been sent to those who have already given me their FRS names
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
'In the Sknow' as a name?

Or 'Snow good asking me'....

Thanks for the invite... Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just a quick question...

I've picked my 'Top 10 picks'. Are they the same as the ones that will be used in the Fantasy League?

They don't show up in my Current Line up, on our League page.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
spud, to be honest I'm not too sure how it works as there is no explanation. Seems more complicated than last year, I've made my selections for the weekend and will then look to see if that affects anything.

If it is still as clear as mud after that I will contact Steve Nyman and ask him if there is an explanation as to how the new league system works.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Ok...cheers for that. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
spud, We need 8 league participants before you can pick you team so people better get their fingers out!

The top 10 is seperate.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ahh right... C'mon people finger out... Laughing
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Samerberg Sue, I have my old name from last year Elanski if you can send me invite Little Angel
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
kooky, I presume you're the one riding the Llama...or that's what it looks like Laughing

Your name doesn't register in the league though... Confused
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
spud, what, are those photos surfacing again? Shocked Shocked Damn!!!
I think Sue hasn´t invited me yet (fine friend she is wink ) Have managed to make my picks, just waiting for LB to phone me through his name, I think he used buchiski
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
spud, Laughing Laughing Laughing oh I see what you mean, i don´t think that is me? I don´t know lol!!!! Is that bad? I just clicked on Sues name and I seem to have vanished! Who are all those other folk Shocked Puzzled
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
spud, Laughing Laughing Laughing oh I see what you mean, i don´t think that is me? I don´t know lol!!!! Is that bad? I just clicked on Sues name and I seem to have vanished! Who are all those other folk Shocked Puzzled
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Laughing Laughing Laughing I don't know either... Laughing Laughing Laughing

So who's riding a Llama??? Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

So who's riding a Llama???

Nobody it is a tauntaun from Star Wars!
ski holidays
Fattes13, Laughing Laughing then it´s definitely NOT me, never ridden a tauntaun wink
snow report
I am the sumo skier on the Elanskis, phew, for a moment there I wasn´t quite feeling myself Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
How active is this? is it the kind you need to buy/sell racers and kit every week, or just pick a team and hope (and maybe trade up mid season if you won some prize money) ?
might check it out tonight.

our mini league won the league of mini leagues in fantasy F1 one year.
ski holidays
andy, nope, you just select the racers you want to finish in top 10 order, it´s really good fun. Each race is different, you can make it as technical as you want. Lb and me spent ages analyzing the form, the snow conditions ,weather etc etc before some races, others we just lobbed down the first 10 we saw, as I say, good fun Madeye-Smiley
latest report
will take a look tonight then Smile will probably be a bit more random than analysis, but that did me no harm the last time I played the littlewoods pools.
snow report
kooky, sent you an invite this morning I'll send it again and also LB (though I think I remember his name and sent an invite to that as well)

The league is called snowHead Hopefuls and I've got 2 no-names there - one on a camel or lama (I presume that is you Princess Leila aka kooky Laughing )Someone called Plough Racers and another no-name. Please go back and edit your team so there is a name there as well if you can.

andy, it is great fun and really adds an extra buzz to the actual races. The league is played against each other as well as other leagues - so the snowHead "league" is called snowHead Hopefuls. I'm in another league where I hide under the name of Samerberg Schnecken. I'm not sure where the invite came from, someone called Stefan who is running a league called Sölden League.

As for how it all works out - no bloody idea - just make your selections and keep your fingers crossed, that is my strategy! Laughing

kooky, you at home in NB or Altenmarkt? Need a chat
latest report
Samerberg Sue, Plough Racers is me
ski holidays
Fattes13, Thanks I thought it must be as you can only join a league if you are invited! And you wuz invited wink snowHead
snow conditions
Samerberg Sue, an heading out to Altenmarkt tomorrow.

I am not that lama thingy, I am the Sumo wrestler on Elan skis, it seemed more fitting Madeye-Smiley Just checked and my invite isn´t there Puzzled
ski holidays
erm - how do i join the league? edit: I'm Rictor Rocket (and assume I need an invite password?)
snow conditions
Goingbackwards is me
snow conditions
andy, an invite should be in your inbox - the password is in the email invite.

davkt, the more the merrier - I'll send you an invite tonight - check your email inbox later on this evening- I'm still at work at the moment and need to finish a document

Looking good so far - so WTF is on the lama if it isn't Princess Leila (aka kooky) ? Laughing snowHead
ski holidays
oh user name and team name that's gonna be confusing.... /me thinks of another name now...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
OK. might have been handy if they put a howto thingy up. I guess I have to pick 6 racers at some point between it letting us and the race, and then it's team vs team or soemthing?
I picked 2x 10 already, but think that bit is different?
ski holidays
andy, go to "Top 10 Picks" then click on the races tab. Select this weekends races and then select 10 racers for each of the races scheduled for this weekend. You have to drag and drop. You can change your selection right up to just before the race starts. To change a selection you hover over the person(s) you want to change in your 1 to 10 selection and a small white X in a red background appears. This deletes the racer and then you can select someone else. Last year it was easier but the database probably cracked over the constant changing that went on in the pre-race build up.

It is a lot easy once you have made one or two selections snowHead
snow report
yeah I'd already done that top 10 picks, at least for this weekend's races. in the team bit it says something about drag+drop 6 skiers.
snow report
Samerberg Sue, I'll go with RTM77
snow report
Joined, says click 'change lineup' to set up my six for the league but I don't seem to have that button. And no idea why it thinks I'm in Argentina from the flag!
snow report
Fattes13, Samerberg Sue, kooky, spud, ....okay smart back bottoms it's me bareback on a llama - well I am one handed at the mo - no laughing from the cheap seats kooky, Fattes13, et al - I picked that thing then thought what the hell am I doing but haven'y had a chance to change it yet - but I'm going to.

Fattes13, Plough racers ???? - Philbo will be impressed !!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
ski holidays
briand6868, You should keep it mate...it's amusing. Very Happy
snow report
kooky, I'm sure Fattes13, has thrown his leg over a few tauntauns in his time, the boys from his area in Dublin are the real urban cowboys Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Count me in please- same name as here
latest report
spud, I fully intend to - just facebooked someone who lives in Tolox !! WONDERED IF HE'S THE FABLED "b@LLoX FROM tOLOX" - Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
I still can't see how to choose my line up.

On my team page it requests i drag skiers (6) into place...where from?

It also says... click the "Change Lineup" tab above.

There is no 'Change lineup' tab.

Am i having a massive blonde moment? Embarassed
snow conditions
briand6868 wrote:
spud, I fully intend to - just facebooked someone who lives in Tolox !! WONDERED IF HE'S THE FABLED "b@LLoX FROM tOLOX" - Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Straight over my head that one mate... Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy