Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Intuition liners? Your thoughts...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've had my boots for the last 3 seasons and have no desire to change them. The liners are fine, maybe getting a little saggy, and I'm thinking of investing in a pair of Intuition liners partly as I have no desire to go through the nerve shredding process of finding new boots. Mr P has them in his Dalbello boots and raved about them from the outset - mainly because of the added precision they brought to his skiing.
Any thoughts? Advice, recommendations?. Online research brings it down to a shortlist of two from their range- the Dreamliner and the Pro Wrap (I have very high arches and a custom footbed). I'd be keen to know how those who moved to the wrap liners feel especially. Mr P thinks they immediately improved his skiing and made the power transfer far more precise.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Something I've been meaning to try as I've only head good things.

Lots of info here if you fancy wading through 25(!) pages: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php/149284-Intuition-liners
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you are putting them in an alpine boot and not touring then I would look closely at zipfit.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Perty,

I've had intuitions in three different boots.
They came as standard in a pair of Scarpa Denali touring boots and also in some Full Tilt alpine boots - both were wrap although thinner than the aftermarket ones I have since bought to use in my newer touring boots.

I bought the pro wrap liners to take up a bit of volume and stiffen up my newer (Fischer) touring boots for lift served days (my go to skis have tech bindings). I still use the stock liners for long tours (give better stride length).

I've found them easy to get on with - I molded them at home which is fairly simple. You can use them without footbeds (have a very thick foam bed which will mold to your foot) but I used my custom foodbeds.
They have done exactly what I hoped - mine are pretty thick (there are a range of models so you need to consider how snug you want the boots) particularly at the doubled wrap /overlap. The main benefit has been taking out volume - doubtless they will pack out in time but currently they fill the shell so well that I'm using the buckles on very "open" notches. They also effectively increase the flex rating a bit which I find useful (not radical - may be 10 points or something).
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
gorilla wrote:
If you are putting them in an alpine boot and not touring then I would look closely at zipfit.

+1 for zipfits. Mine have 200+ ski days on them and no sign of wearing/packing out. Great heel hold-down. Very comfortable. Some reviewers have said they are cold, but cannot say that for me.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Perty, or foam fitting? or thermo moulded? http://www.sidassport.com/en/our-products/winter-sports-16-2.html

I've had two replacement liners foamed. Worked very well.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have intuition liners, best thing I ever bought. Yes, they were a little pricey, but I couldn't wear ski boots without them.

For me, it works like this.

The old plastic tongue digs right in to my shin and the muscle, meaning I can't lean forward enough, i get bruised shins and have problems with my knees because the pain is forcing me to ski in a way my body doesn't want.

The intuitions wrap around my leg and then it's tightened up by the wrapping of the ski boot. The boot was molded to me feet, now it feels quite simply, sublime.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy