Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Faction Prime 2.0 vs Black Crows Navis Freebird - other ideas?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Have not posted much on here, so nice to meet everyone, and I hope this is posted in the right place! Happy

Im at a stage where I am looking for a new ski and bindings set up this winter. I will be doing most of my skiing off the lift, but want to get into quite a bit of touring too. The two skis mentioned in the title (Faction Prime 2.0 & Black Crows Navis Freebird) are the two skis I'm keen on after a bit of initial research.

Can anyone tell me any pro's and cons of these skis other than what I read on the internet, anyone tried them on ski tests or anyone got any other suggestions that I should consider?

I can and do ski all over the mountain, and due to budget restraints am looking for 1 versatile ski to take care of me wherever I go, and however I ascend the mountain too whether that on the lift or on some skins.

Thanks in advance all, any help is very much appreciated!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No substitute for testing. Should be able to get on some Crows in Chamonix. Not so far away.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@under a new name, Thanks for the suggestion, I will try before I buy for sure, and I think a couple of the stores here in Verbier will have some to test, otherwise as you say, Cham is just over the hill!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@robinq21, pretty sure Snell would have them mounted for touring, probably Sanglard...

No idea re Faction.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@robinq21, I've skied the Faction Primes 2-4.0. Brilliant skis. Perfect long low rocker profile. Large turn radius + tip/tail taper is brilliant for starving/smearing any size of turn you want without hooking in funky snow - but the upshot is they don't really deliver much carving performance (not that that means they're bad on hard snow, just they're not really carvers). Carbon + flax construction is light and very poppy - fun times all round - but not as reactive/jarring as some other carbon skis.

I haven't been on the Navis, but they're much more traditional. Will certainly carve better, and probably perform more in a precise technical manner - mountain goat/alpine work horse/guide's tool as opposed to the Prime's slarvey-jetboat-plaything vibe.

Navis will be cheaper too.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Surely there will be test Factions in Verbier?

If no shops seem to have them just try emailing Faction and seeing if they will lend you a pair out of their fleet. That would certainly work if it was a pair of our skis you wanted to try and you were in Chx.

As others have said, for the Crows come over to Chx if you can't find them in Verbier.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@midgetbiker, Thanks for the input, yep found both pairs in Verbier, both will be mounted for testing with touring bindings this winter, so just need to wait for the snow now!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy