Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

4 weeks in Austria. Mayrhofen?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I would like to ask you for some advice.
We are going for 4 weeks of snowboarding to Austria this year. I decided to go to Mayrhofen, since we already did the other big and high (St.Anton/Lech, Ischgl, FissLadis). I was just wondering if we should stay all this time in one village and then use ski buses to go to different resorts in the area, or you think is better to stay in different places? It seems that we need to buy Tirol ski pass for this long time anyway, so we can snowboard basically everywhere.
Or maybe we should find something completely different?
I just know that it needs to be Austria, needs to be high and big Smile
Any thoughts?
Thanks!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not a boarder, but Mayrhofen looks like a good choice to me. The park is pretty big and there's lots of other terrain.

One of the best things about the Zillertal is that you can use the train and also the skibuses that link from it, to get to most (if not all) places up and down the valley. For example the train from Mayrhofen to Kaltenbach opens you up to an area that goes across two mountains to Hochfugen, whilst with a bit of faff, the train to Zell am Ziller and the five minute bus link takes you to an area that extends over three mountains as far as Koenigsleiten. You also have the glacier at Hintertux (twenty minutes on the bus) for when the weather is calm and sunny and where the views are unbeatable.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Zillertal valley has 4 big ski resorts
Mayrhofen, the Glacier + Glacier 3000, Kaltenbach + Hochfühen and Zillertalarena
Depends of how good you are , these are enough for a month or not...
But worth it to buy a TSC
On the other hand without a car it will be difficult to go to other resorts outside this valley
Another option : 2 Weeks Zillertal and two weeks somewhere else...
If you stay in this valley choose something in the middle...maybe Mayrhofen or Kaltenbach or Zell am Ziller
And stay there the whole time and use the buses
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@aska_kar, stay in Mayrhofen if you would like varied nightlife. The other towns/villages are much smaller and you wouldn't have much choice or get a bit bored over 4 weeks.

As others have said, transport is easy and mainly free and getting to the different areas is fairly easy.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Stay in Mayrhofen and travel to the other resorts when you feel like a change of ski scenery.

It's not 'high' like the more westerly resorts though. When are you going?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you get the Tyrol pass you can use all of the resorts in Tyrol but it would be best to relocate to different areas.
mayrhofen is a good place to stay, trnsport to other areas in Zillertal is straightforward. If you want to go to Zillertalarena, there is a skibus from train station that goes to Gerlos, can be a little easier than getting train to Zell then bus then skiing or go via Zell and get the bus back so you get more time around Gerlos.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you really wanted to get out of the valley and use your Tyrol pass during the stay, you could hire a car for a day. The owner of the petrol station (IQ Tankstelle it's called I think) at the lower end of the town has a section of cars to hire by the day. For 4 people works out quite cheap especially versus taxi both ways.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Here is a link that give travel options (buses, trains etc) from anywhere to anywhere

https://www.rome2rio.com/s/Mayrhofen/Innsbruck
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Definitely stay in Mayrhofen. Train to Kaltenbach / Zell Am Ziller is easy enough, as is the bus up to Hintertux. All free with your lift pass.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy