Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Parking in Montgenevre

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, we have just booked an appartment in Montgenevre with no parking. Does anyone know if it's possible to book a week's parking in advance at any of the car parks near route d'italie? Or if its possible to park in the side streets for free? Thank you.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The car parks at the lifts are free so you should be ok.......
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I don't think the carparks are free anymore..certainly not the one near the front de neige as I saw a ticket machine there in the summer. There might be long term parking at the mobile home carpark at the edge of the village but I have never used it. We have stayed in apartments that have underground parking in the residence.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think the first one as you come into Montgenevre from Brandon is free, don't know about the others.....
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Where is you apartment?
Parking at either end of the village is free. P1 or P9 / P10. You can also use the football field behind the Renardiere building. You can also pay for covered parking in the Hameau. The price is about euro 45 for the week. Make sure you have snow tyres and a shovel to dig yourself out.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
interested in any short term parking nar the lifts also as may ski in montgenre one Monday on way back to turin aiport
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Had to pay at the challmettes car park in March entry and exit barriers now, used to be free. Info should be on the Montgenevre website.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
dan100 . We went for a day trip from Serre Che last Xmas week, and followed everyone else and parked on the side of the road, alongside the pistes. No problems at 10 am in the morning on a busy week, when the area had some of the best snow in the Alps.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Parking near the lifts in center of village is around 7 euro / day.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It's free on the road!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks everyone. We are just off Route D'italie one block down from the tourist office. It looks like it shouldn't be too much of a problem anyway. We have chains, shovels etc tho have usually managed to get covered parking.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi reh_stuff
The public parking isn't free, occasionally some of the car parks don't have the barriers, but don't count on it. It's usually only when they've been knocked off/damaged that they're removed.
The main road where i presume Brian Sun parked is OK for day parking if you find a space. If it's a Saturday or Sunday after fresh snow, you've got no chance with all the Italian day visitors that come up, especially on the peak holiday weeks. But that main road by the bottom of the Chalmette lift/Durancia pool & spa isn't really suitable for a full week anyway as the police would probably try move you on from there if staying too long. But most of the roads further back in to the village like Rue des Montagnards are absolutely fine, just make sure you park on the same side of the road as the direction of traffic and not across a driveway or private space, the local police have a pet hate of people parking against the traffic and start to issue tickets (although the red tickets are practically meaningless, just a "please move" type ticket). Also, park in a position that doesn't expose you to being knocked by the big snow clearer tractor!
Enjoy Montgenevre, it's a lovely village and ski area!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
A belated thank you for your advice Snowlover8.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hello, I’m wondering whether since this was posted there are some free car parks that have appeared...?

I’m going on Tuesday, just in time for Christmas Very Happy

Thanks!
ski holidays
We did a day trip to Monty in March this year when doing a little tour around a few resorts. The car parks near the lifts are not free, I think we paid about €8 for the day.

There is free parking on the road further away from the slopes, we paid the couple of euros each just so we could get in and out easily, would obviously be different if you were staying for a week.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy