Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kaprun

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Tell me about Kaprun/Zell please. 5 x 40 + yr old lads, intermediate/advanced. This is the topic of conversation right now between us lot. I had my left hip replaced at the end of October last year but still went to Tignes in March and did alright, although it did zap my strength a bit and had to finish early a couple of days. I imagine my right hip will be ready for replacement after my next jaunt, but will deal with it with naproxen for now. We go for skiing but enjoy good food and a few beers and whatnot. Apres not too important.

Cheers.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Thesixquidman, when are you thinking of going? Also, you might want to include Zell Am See in the subject, you might get more interest..
We've been to Zell in early March for the last 3 years, conditions have been good to excellent at that time of year except for the bottom runs into the town/valley (so most of the mountain was good) - these are anyway the more challenging blacks and tricky reds. There are lovely wide blues on the Ariet side and some really nice (and quiet) reds on the sonnkogel side. Can't speak for Kaprun, the conditions in Zell haven't been bad enough to get me to go over. It does by all accounts have a very nice thermal spa, which is nice if you're going with the missus, but maybe not so important on a lads trip.
The village (zell) and lake is nice, I don't really like the schuttdorf suberb though
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I would think Zell is a better base for you??? Have been to Kaprun once in summer, a few times to Zell I’m summer and once skiing in Zell. Zell is a nicer town with more happening and probably more convenient lift options. Unless you plan on going up the glacier a lot I would think Zell better
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ta people. We're probably gonna wait for a late booking nearer the time tbh, about beginning of March I'd say. My main point which I didn't put across too well in the original post was will I be ok with the difficulty or not? What with Tignes, being what it is has several ways of getting to the same spot.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Went to Kaprun about 10 years ago. Stayed in very nice hotel in Kaprun (Hotel Toni) with some of the best food I've ever had. Kaprun is a good place for skiing Kaprun Glacier and Zell am See as its midway. There is a small ski area in Kaprun itself but I never skied it, it actually looked good but I always went either to the glacier or Zell . I alternated between getting the bus to the glacier ~10 minutes or the bus the other way to Zell am See ~20 minutes. Glacier has some very good pistes mainly reds and blues and is a snow bowl with plenty of off piste, there are a couple of black too. Zell is lower and has lots of nice runs down through the trees. Zell is better for night life if thats your thing but its a longer trip up if you want to go to the glacier. Pre-book your ski hire if you need it - Kaprun and Zell are expensive for ski hire.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Thesixquidman, I would say Saalbach/Hinterglemm has better terrain. Good gradients of slopes throughout and easier on the body. Only 20 mins away from Zell and arguably not as pretty as Zell but better skiing imo
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy