Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

jura national park

Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone skied the Jura national park, thinking of a few long weekends this season and its only 7 hours from Calais.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No, I haven't. Small stations I understand and good for families. But rather low. Almost I'd think worth pushing on to the Haute-Savoie. We're on the "other" side of Geneva so haven't ever managed to motivate myself enough.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yup. Many of them are fantastic, I posted a small review previously...will try to root it out. Basically you have the resorts of the Monts Jura which are Crozets-Lelex and Mijoux-La Faucille, Crozets is probably the biggest of the Jura areas and is a lovely ski area. Next down the Jura towards Lausanne is station Les Rousse which similarly to Monts Jura is in fact a number of stations, all of which are worth a go in their own right, the biggest of which is the linked areas of La Dole - Les Jouvencelles where you ski partly in France, partly in Switzerland. By all means push on to Haute Savoie if you must, but from actual personal experience, you can have a fantastic time skiing the Jura resorts, they are cheap, usually not crowded (if you avoid Paris holiday week), and provide a fabulous ski experience. Snow cover in an average year will be the same or better than many other resorts, once you accept they are not high. They do tend to have snowmaking, and the Jura are one of the colder places around, often much colder with more precipitation than the Alps, so I wouldn't worry about the altitude that much. We were able to ski the Jura every weekend from mid Dec last year despite the poor snow cover in general.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I drove past a bunch of those resorts on my way back from Val Thorens last April. Looked quite intriguing! But - that road is probably tricky in mid-winter and not particularly quick, and as @under a new name says the resorts are low, so a bit of a snow gamble. If I were in the area anyway and the conditions were good I'd love to check them out, but for a specific trip planned in advance there are more obvious choices.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers peeps, just looking at some early ski options before we head for a proper break, we will use the Jura as a Ski leg break in session if you will, just liked the idea of it being within easy reach of the uk.

will do a report once i've been and had a look around.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just found the older thread on the Jura http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2240385&highlight=jura#2240385

Some more details there and also you can check out the two main resort sites

http://www.lesrousses.com/
and
http://www.monts-jura.com/en/

They are lovely resorts, plenty to do in all of them - generally you may have to take your car and travel between the resorts a little, the main road from the motorway to either Les Rousses or any of the valley villages is very well cleared and hasn't a lot of gradient so that is no worry at all. Its also a fantastically scenic route, and there is lots of other things along with the alpine to make for a great holiday there. Anything else you'd like to know, just ask. I'm very tempted to organize a mini bash for all the naysayers who live around geneva but haven't ever skiied them! Toofy Grin
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Esdel, I driven the road many times in winter, my daughter lives near by. I’ve only had a problem once, it was on the Swiss side, the road was a sheet of ice with quite a few cars slide off the side. The police were there trying to sort it. This was very much an exceptional event.
Never skied there but do have a long standing plan to Nordic Ski there which I understand is very nice.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@coddlesangers, haha - I really should make the effort. I fear short runs though which the OH will not like.

Good restaurants on slopes?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ah - sorry, thought I'd replied yesterday - there's a very divergent range of slope side restaurants, some very good grub along with jaw dropping views from the restaurant at the top of La Faucille, while my personal favourite is a nice place at the bottom of La Darbella in Les Tuffes which usually does a fantastic lunch special.... Toofy Grin , just don't expect them to serve you coffee at lunchtime unless you are eating food!!!!!!!!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
thanks all, sounds like its worth the effort, lift passes are super cheap as well.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Esdel wrote:
Has anyone skied the Jura national park, thinking of a few long weekends this season and its only 7 hours from Calais.

Not in the last two seasons, due to lack of snow. Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/XtyFccwA2xR1SaZ43
March 4th
https://photos.app.goo.gl/fF6GOC8bxHGpuZJ63
Jan 15th

I shouldn't rise to the bait, but I can't help myself.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
good enough for us
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
coddlesangers wrote:
March 4th
Jan 15th

"The last three winters were catastrophic for us," explains Henri Criblez, chairman of the Jura Vaudois Balcony Co-operative Society.

The stations in Jura report their revenue has declined by around 60% over the last three years. They opened for around 25 days last season which was down from around 45 from the previous year and down from the 80 days they base their finances on. As the stations report widely, mostly they're dropping below revenues where they're self-supporting and are now looking for state support.

Excellent area when the snow's good which really isn't too often in the last few years. It's hard to schedule anything in the Jura given the unpredictable snow record.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ise wrote:
coddlesangers wrote:
March 4th
Jan 15th

"The last three winters were catastrophic for us," explains Henri Criblez, chairman of the Jura Vaudois Balcony Co-operative Society.

The stations in Jura report their revenue has declined by around 60% over the last three years. They opened for around 25 days last season which was down from around 45 from the previous year and down from the 80 days they base their finances on. As the stations report widely, mostly they're dropping below revenues where they're self-supporting and are now looking for state support.

Excellent area when the snow's good which really isn't too often in the last few years. It's hard to schedule anything in the Jura given the unpredictable snow record.

la la la la not listening, negative waves, la la la

Laughing Laughing
latest report
is he an escapee from the Jura parc? Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy