Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avi Bag canisters traveling

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm sure this has been thoroughly covered before but the search function sucks so asking again. I'm planning on sending couple of bags ahead using one of the bag/ski delivery companies, if someone knows off the top of their head which, if any, of them are happy to take full canisters (Mammut system) it would save me a lot of emails and phone calls. Ta in advance.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Dr John, Plenty on flying with canisters, but I don't remember anything on freighting them.

I guess it would depend on whether the bags would go by road or air, as the regulations for air travel are probably stricter.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@PowderAdict, my assumption was that if they transport by road only there shouldn't be an issue. I'lll take it on a flight, with forms and permits and emails etc, if need be, just hoping there might be an easier option.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
How did they get from the manufacturer to the distributor in the first place? i don't know the rules, but I do know common sense!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I know that UK couriers vary. I very nearly lost an empty one being returned for refill as Parcel Force claimed it was dangerous, but I have used UK Mail who where recommended by Snow Safe (snowsafe.co.uk) without any issue.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
endoman wrote:
How did they get from the manufacturer to the distributor in the first place? i don't know the rules, but I do know common sense!

It's the same with life jackets for sailing. Some airlines have a fit over a canister of pressurised gas either in your carry on or in the hold. Others realise that every seat on the place already has one of the canisters tucked underneath with the lifejacket. Just depends who writes their policies...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ditto for tyre inflation canisters for bikes.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy