Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Free your ride!

SOLD: ABS Vario Airbag + Carbon Cartridge

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have for sale my ABS Vario (large) Airbag backpack with 2 Dakine zip-ons and carbon cartridge for £400 (5% discount for Super/Mega SnowHeads). As can be seen from the pictures, apart from the minor usage marks on the buckles, the packs are in excellent conditions. The carbon cartridges are both still within the specified weight limits. The carbon cartridges are 280g vs 530g for the steel ones.

The backpack has been test fired twice (preseason testing only, no avalanches), but only with carbon cartridges, so is not effected by the potential recall issue ABS experienced with their steel cartridges.

It is being sold with the Dakine Altitude 15 ltr and 25 ltr zip on sacks, with a spare Dakine non-air bag back unit, so so either size can be used as a normal backpack. The 15 ltr is perfect for heli / cat skiing or resort accessed powder. The 25 ltr is perfect for longer day tours into the back country. Both zip on units have ice axe carry, shovel/probe pocket, and diagonal skis and vertical snowboard carry. If you want any more details, please ask.

ABS Vario with Dakine 15 ltr zip on:

Carbon cartridge and activation handle:

Dakine Altitude 25 ltr backpack and zip on:

As a separate item, I am also selling a spare unused Carbon cartridge and activation handle for £75 if bought with the ABS, or for £90 as a separate sale (which is about half the new price):

I would prefer collection to avoid any issues with shipping (which would be extra). I am located between junctions 9 and 10 of the M11, in South Cambridgeshire.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 4-10-17 22:42; edited 3 times in total
ski holidays     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks like you need to put some money in photobucket's slot for your pix to show.
snow conditions     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@ster, Thank you, I'll check. That is strange as the preview and post worked fine.

EDIT: I've never had an issue before, but it now appears Photobucket want $399 a year to allow 3rd party posting Shocked

I'll create an account else where and update the links.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 21-09-17 16:09; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hopefully the links now work with the pictures on Flickr rather than Photobucket.
snow conditions     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PowderAdict wrote:
EDIT: I've never had an issue before, but it now appears Photobucket want $399 a year to allow 3rd party posting Shocked

I'll create an account else where and update the links.

Yeah. There was a post about photobucket doing this a little while ago but a bit silly charging that dort of money if other sites let you do it for free. They look fine now.
ski holidays     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@PowderAdict, Any particular reason that you're selling this on?
latest report     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@GeorgeVII, I now have a Pieps Jetforce battery fan pack, to avoid any issues when flying internally in Japan, so the ABS one is now surplus to requirements.
latest report     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Price dropped to £300 for the ABS and Carbon cylinder.
snow conditions     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm interested if you'll ship to Manchester.
snow conditions     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@adithorp, If you can PM me your postcode I'll provide a quote from UKMail who I know will ship cylinders without issue.

Note: The £300 is for the backpacks and one cylinder, the second one is £70.
snow conditions     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
PM sent
latest report     
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@PowderAdict, ups ship them too, grab a quote through interparcel
ski holidays     
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Backpacks and spare cartridge sold to @adithorp Cool
ski holidays     
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bargain!
latest report     
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
spyderjon wrote:
Bargain!

I'm sure you'll think of a way to relieve me of what I've saved. Toofy Grin

So Jon, talk to me about skins... Puzzled