Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Aussie asking random Euro ski questions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
sbooker wrote:
I imagine the answer will be yes but do most ski resorts (we’ll be in the Zillertal valley first) have ski sales shops as well as rental? And are European ski prices similar from resort to resort and country to country?
Plan is to demo some before buying.

1 Absolutely
2 Well MSRP will be the same but discount from that may vary enormously depending on how commercial the owner is, time of season, what you are buying etc etc. Obviously a pile it high sell it cheap valley city warehouse may deal slightly differently from a premium rent next to the slopes stripped pine chi chi boutique. Or put another way at the end of season you should be looking for skis that are 40-50% off MRSP. Those same skis may be in shops at the beginning of next season but marked back up at say 20% off MRSP.
ski holidays     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
sbooker wrote:
I imagine the answer will be yes but do most ski resorts (we’ll be in the Zillertal valley first) have ski sales shops as well as rental? And are European ski prices similar from resort to resort and country to country?
Plan is to demo some before buying.

1 Absolutely
2 Well MSRP will be the same but discount from that may vary enormously depending on how commercial the owner is, time of season, what you are buying etc etc. Obviously a pile it high sell it cheap valley city warehouse may deal slightly differently from a premium rent next to the slopes stripped pine chi chi boutique. Or put another way at the end of season you should be looking for skis that are 40-50% off MRSP. Those same skis may be in shops at the beginning of next season but marked back up at say 20% off MRSP.

I'm tight at heart so I always up for buying last years model - my ego can handle having the red instead of the yellow.
I'd like to try the Atomic Vantage and Salomon QST. I've only ever rented so anything should be better than the mid spec hire gear I normally slide on.
latest report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@sbooker, come earlier to Zermatt for a Ski Test Smile
snow report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@sbooker, yes ! Cheaper down the valley, more expensive in the glitzy resorts in my experience!
ski holidays     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy