Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Obergurgl

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking of doing Obergurgl last week in March. Also skiing Hochgurgl. When we were in Solden a few years ago found mountain restaurants expensive. Just wondering if Obergurgl mountain restaurants are similar in price.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I thought last Christmas that they were exceptional value - main course about 13euro, but then I spend most of my time skiing in Switzerland!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Obergurgl is more upmarket than Sölden...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The couple I've been to up there I've found quite expensive. Can't remember exact prices, and haven't eaten a proper meal there, but plate of chips and a bread roll over €6 I think.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks guys, decisions, decisions
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I loved Obergurgl and didn't think the food was too pricey compared to France (though it's slightly more than Italy). The Skiing in Obergurgl is generally easier than Solden, in case that's a concern.

This is a matter of taste, but if you're not fussed about nightlife I'd stay in Hochgurgl as it's reliably ski in/ski out and gives you great access to the mountain.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@2waterford, was there in '15 & '16 and going again this season. Was not noticeably expensive but certainly thought that in general the food was above average in quality.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy