Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Can I pack my kids off on a ski holiday without me?

Poster: A snowHead
Can I? is there anything like Ski- Camp?

Because of Mrs Rumdiary being preggers it's unlikely we will make it this year but I want to pack my 11 and 8 year old off for a week so they don't miss out. Anyone aware of anything?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.luex.com/snow/trips/kids-camps.html
http://leselfes.com/winter-camp/

(just from google)
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think the answer your looking for is...no, you'll have to go off for a week in the mountains with the two kids whilst Mrs Rumdairy is looked after by family at home! Wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Agree with manicpb.
Go with the Kids.
Mrs Rumdiary is secretly hoping you will: she will have a lovely rest without looking after you three.
You will have a jolly time discovering what its like to look after 11yr old and 8 yr old and respect Mrs Rumdiary even more.
Kids will have wonderful time running their dad ragged.
Winners all round Smile
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PGL do offer skiing trips. But I think they are for older kids, more like teenagers

No idea what they are like
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
manicpb and jonpim - those are the sort of reassuring answers I wanted. But the due date is mid-feb so very very close to Feb half term.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Another vote for you to go with the kids. No brainer. Mrs Rumdiary will, as @Jonpim says, have a lovely rest. Or perhaps her own week away somewhere.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@rumdiary, is it her first pregnancy? Either way, that is very close to due date. Can't you take the kids at New Year or Easter?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Plus wouldn't the kids be sad they missed the birth of their sibling if it comes early?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

@rumdiary, is it her first pregnancy?

LOL!

OK she may not be the first Mrs@rumdiary, but I think she is wink Laughing Laughing

@rumdiary, Go with the kids (if OH will let you) but if Feb half term be prepared to suffer the consequences of missing the birth Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
halfhand wrote:

@rumdiary, Go with the kids (if OH will let you) but if Feb half term be prepared to suffer the consequences of missing the birth Laughing Laughing

Which will presumably eliminate all possibility of a fourth child...
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ok maybe half term is out.

Could you go week after New Year or Easter is rather early next year, don't know what way school holidays are done in UK, how about last week of March.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hand Wringer wrote:
@rumdiaryCan't you take the kids at New Year or Easter?

Could you go at Christmas, or would that upset Grandparents? snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
halfhand wrote:
Quote:

LOL!

OK she may not be the first Mrs@rumdiary, but I think she is wink Laughing Laughing

Oh ok, it's true I don't really bother with this forum much these days, and sounds like I missed that bit of news.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hand Wringer wrote:
halfhand wrote:
Quote:

LOL!

Oh ok, it's true I don't really bother with this forum much these days, and sounds like I missed that bit of news.

she is the first woman I have married and this is her first pregnancy. But I have 2 children from another relationship (little Fitzwilliams technically).
snow conditions
Settled on sending my firstborn on the school trip to Radstadt for the first week of the easter holiday. I had completely forgotten about the option of school trips. They weren't on offer at Junior school. That leaves number 2 child without an option though.
snow conditions
Do children really want to be around for birth of baby? - Babies are really quite boring (and annoying) until they are walking and talking.

And it is possible that dads shouldn't be in the delivery room either: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8377099.stm

I'm still looking for an article that says dads should be skiing on the slopes with rest of the family, but give me time . . . .

Like i said: go skiing snowHead
snow conditions
@rumdiary, any of the kids race? Plenty of race camps or race training chalets that are pretty much kids only apart from staff.
snow report
I have to say, having given birth to 3 kids, that whether or not their father had been in the delivery room I would have been seriously offpiste if he'd been away skiing. They chuck you out of hospital so fast these days you need a skivvy from the off!
latest report
If they speak French, there's UCPA ski camps. Great deal, tho we've only done summer ones.

Anyway, I might suggest that this is one year you sit out the season. Just a thought. Embarassed
snow report
How about booking Christmas for everybody, staying somewhere Mrs can be pampered a little, all cooking done so she can have a relaxing break while rest of you ski? She can meet you for lunch up the mountain somewhere?
snow report
Probably wise to try and stick around for the birth, judging by the flak I got for going snowboarding 3 days after our no.3 was born... (although it was on midwifes orders, and it was booked 12 mths before) Smile Smile Smile
snow report
Just go on your own!
This year is my first year sans my kids and my missus has invited my 14 yr old niece.. there is no escape !
snow report
wot Pam says (sadly)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy