Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chillfactore over 50's coaching sessions.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The Chillfactore have put the prices of their lessons up, now the skiing season is approaching. It's getting expensive, even with my 30% discount for being a member. However, they run coaching sessions for over 50's at only £20 for 1 hour and fifty minutes. That's a pretty good price.

My question is, has anyone on here been on any of these over 50's sessions, and if so, are they worth attending?

Cheers.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Are they coaching sessions? I though they were just over 50s public sessions... unless these are something new.

The breakfast club sessions are good. Freshly groomed slope, good skier behaviour, not too busy and better value. Thats if you can get there that early... Oh, and you get breakfast thrown in.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@adithorp, they advertise it as coaching sessions. I'll give them a ring and try and find out the exact format of the sessions.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I hadn't seen that before, just the over 50s morning. I've done one of the performance coaching sessions and that was pretty good.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ah, with nothing else planned for my birthday that could be the perfect way to celebrate my 50th next week! Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Strax, I was thinking of booking myself onto Mondays session. I'm there all day on Wednesday with a friend. He's doing the all day beginners course and I'll be free skiing.

My thinking is - get a bit of cheap coaching on Monday on how to do parallel turns and then spend all day Wednesday working on them. Sounds like a plan. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yeah, but I don't qualify until Tuesday..
And I ride a snowboard...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I can recommend the breakfast club if they are still doing it, well worth getting up early for.
I will also look int the over 50s lessons, although they may expext you to buy a pass as well.
PS Have they sorted the snow out yet?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
been twice in the last week and the snow is fine.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've taken the plunge and booked onto the over 50's coaching session for next Monday (25th). Down side is there are 5 other people already booked on it. Chances are we will all be of differing levels of competence (me being near the bottom). I was kind of hoping there would only be one or two others on it. Never mind. I'm hoping the instructor can spare me enough dedicated time to show me how to parallel turn. I've got a weeks lift pass, so can spend more time after the lesson practicing. I'm then back there again on Wednesday all day free skiing; whilst a mate does a beginners course. Need as much slope time as possible before January. I'll report back as to how good the session was and if it was worth the effort.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just got back from my first Chillfactore over 50's coaching session. It wasn't bad to be fair. There were six other people on the session, who were all far more accomplished skiers than me. I stuck mainly to the lower section of the slope, as I wanted to learn to parallel ski and didn't fancy trying to perfect the technique straight away at the top. The coach was a very pleasant young foreign lady called Barbara. She flitted about continuously between all of us giving advice and tips. Considering it only cost £13 (with my membership discount) for 2 hours, I think it was money well spent. She didn't stand around talking to other instructors as I've seen many other Chillfactore instructors do. She seemed to be coaching someone all the time.

It was useful for me as beginner. Whether a more advanced skier would find it useful, I don't know. The one guy I did speak to seemed to be happy, as he felt he was getting some useful tips from it. I guess it also depends upon how attentive your coach is as well.

I'm back there again on Wednesday, all day. I'm going with a friend who is on the all day beginners course. Starting at 9.00am. Crying or Very sad I'll free ski all day and try and put what she taught me today into practice. I've still got a major problem with my left leg trailing and digging into the snow, when it's the uphill ski and I'm going left. Going the other way, not too bad. But then my left leg is by far my weakest. Still practice makes perfect. Onwards and downwards Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Glad you enjoyed it. Barbara was the instructor who spent all day with Mrs endo last week. She's Polish and her dad was an instructor as well, been at Chill Factore virtually since it opened I believe. I've got till the end of the month to use my pass up, so am hoping to get over tomorrow, I did go on Saturday but with only half the slope open, and other slope users moving like random electrons it was a survival test, and not conducive to practice. Shan't be going at a weekend again, not that it was very busy cos it wasn't, but the slope etiquette of some was appalling, and the patrollers were doing their best to sort it out. Families taking kids to the top who then had to walk down as they were way out comfort zone. People stopping 2 or 3 times down a run when the slope was only half width, others doing the jacket undone racing plough all the way down. Total contrast to the couple of times I went midweek were there were some very good and courteous slope users.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@endoman, Barbara was lovely. Very helpful. The place was very quiet today and the full width of the slope was open. The worst offenders for etiquette seem to be a small number of snow boarders. I've been on a couple of all day courses there, where the staff have put a barrier across on one side of the slope on the bottom step and put out large "Slow" warning signs. Didn't make a blind bit of difference to the boarders who came hurtling down through beginners trying to do snow plough turns. Not one member of staff said a word. I was tempted to and ask one particular guy - what part of "Slow" didn't he understand. Then I thought, that's what the staff are for.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Awdbugga wrote:
I was tempted to and ask one particular guy - what part of "Slow" didn't he understand. Then I thought, that's what the staff are for.

You will find this happens in the mountains..... a lot.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy