Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Calling Experts in Wiggly Line Weather Forecast Graphs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone had sight of any of the bewildering (for me at least wink...) wiggly line weather graphs and charts for the Alps for the next few weeks?

We're off to Tignes glacier first weekend in November (2-3 days on the slopes, maybe some walking...) and are wondering if the onset of winter is perhaps imminent Puzzled - or whether a decent snowfall at altitude could be in the offing.

Regardless, we'll still enjoy ourselves and will just ski whatever conditions at the time. It would be good if they got Double M back to the village open by then though Very Happy (which isn't unheard of first week in November...).
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
:uhoh: you called them "wiggly Lines"

Brace yourself.....
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Take Cover! Incoming!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tick...tock...tick...tock....!!! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The wigglies say “above average temperatures for the next week or so and dry too”. Generally good agreement between the runs so a reasonable probability it’ll happen. After that it gets a bit more unsettled. Some precipitation possible after say the 18th, temps dropping but still above average. If you take the average run out at the very end of the run it shows roughly 5min Deg night time temp at 1500m and 10max during the day. Would relate to freezing levels varying from 3000 to 2250 or so, bottom of doubleM is 2100(?).

its obviously too far off to be in any way accurate, but that’s what the wig lies currently say.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I believe the correct technical term is 'ensembles'.

As in 'an ensemble of wigglies'
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Personally, I find the national weather services the best source of forecasts. For France this would be MetéoFrance:

http://www.meteofrance.com/previsions-meteo-montagne/tignes/73320

You'll see that they also do snow info and bulletins etc but these don't start 'till November. Obviously, the resort website will also be a useful source of information as well. Generally, most of the other forecast sites are simply an intermediary and just re-present the same base data. MetéoFrance also has a reasonably good phone app.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cheers all - much obliged.
Quote:
An ensemble of wigglies
Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Whilst we're at it, could someone post a link to gfs ensembles, please? The one I used to use doesn't work any more. Thanks. (And yes, I know this is a dim question... Embarassed )
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@pam w, Try this. Click on the map
http://www.wetterzentrale.de/en/pointmap.php?map=EU&member=ENS
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@cad99uk, Ta, bookmarked that
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I usually check www.snow-forecast.com and www.bergfex.com and whichever shows the most snow is the one i believe Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
You should be fine on the Tignes glacier in November...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy