Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Restaurants in St Anton

Poster: A snowHead
Hi

We are a large group (10 people) heading to St Anton for a long weekend in January - our accommodation is B&B only, so looking for any advice on good reasonably priced restaurants for evening meals. I’ve only ever stayed in fully catered hotels in Austria before, and know that most restaurants in Austrian resorts are part of hotels. Any recommendations?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I like both Robi’s Rodelstall http://www.rodelalm.com/rodelstall.php and San Antonio http://www.sanantonio.co.at/index.php/de/restaurant-de

Both are in Nasserein and you will need to book, especially for a group that big. Good food and atmosphere. Reasonable prices.

I have also enjoyed Pete’s in Dorfstraße http://www.hotel-pete.com/cafe_restaurant/ but I am not sure about how well it would cater to a large group.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi @MontyP, welcome to the forum,
Its a long time since I was there, and the railway dosen't run through the town anymore, so the Station Buffet is out. Sad

There are loads of places to eat though.

Make sure you pop into the Hospiz in St Christoph one lunch time while you are there, I don't think you can say its cheap, but it is an experience.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
What do you mean railroad doesn't run thru town?? First trip coming up in feb and website / hotels so far are all about getting their by train.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi @essex, The railway now runs in a tunnel on the Rendel side of the town and pops up across the main road.
In the old days you could step off the Orient Express, borrow a pair of skis and nip up the Gampenbahn.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arlberg_railway
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
What used to be the railway is now a path/cyleway that goes down to Nasserine area.
If you look at Google maps 47.129207, 10.265126 you can see where the station building was.

Dont worry you can still catch a train to it,
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Been a while since we were there but we loved Bobo’s In Dorfstraße (the Main Street) - Mexican style and nice for a meal or just a beer.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
For good value Austrian food I like the Fuhrmannstube. The Trödlerstube (and the associated Train restaurant for fondues) is also good.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Burger bar in Dorfstrasse usually soaks up the post Griabli Kaiserbiers for me Very Happy
Griabli in the hill is also a decent bite to eat. You can ski down afterwards too which is also fun
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
You must must must do the tobogganing one evening. Doesn't cost much for one run, and it's the best fun. Book for a meal in the Rodelalm. http://www.rodelalm.com/rodelalm.php About halfway down the run there's a flashing light and you turn off to the right. The food is fantastic. Few more beers then hare down to the bottom on the rodel. Always a highlight of a St Anton trip. Book early though, it's a popular restaurant.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Save your cash your be ripped off in town

Eat late afternoon on the Hill Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The cheapest place to eat a meal (changes daily) in the Valley is at the M Preis Supermarket in St Jakob

ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@MontyP, Aquila, Underground, Maximillions and Pizzaria Dolcevita all get my vote.

@MazDave, not sure how long it is since you've been there, but the place has been garbage for the last 6 years at least. Reasonably priced garbage perhaps, but definitely garbage.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
+1 for the toboggoning
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@stanton, That is true, but its hardly a ski town experience is it?! Laughing Its great food, we often buy readymade sandwiches there if passing.@MontyP, Too many to list here, it depends what you are after - there's a fantastic choice, just wander about you'll find a huge variation of price and food on offer from hole in the wall burgers (thankfully no US chains) to full blown fine dining if that's your thing. We budget on about 60-70€ an evening and we get by on that, and don't go particularly mad.
snow report
Quote:

+1 for the toboggoning

+1 great fun, and Rodelalm feast on way down not for the un-hungry or vegans!
ski holidays
Markymark29 wrote:
Quote:

+1 for the toboggoning

+1 great fun, and Rodelalm feast on way down not for the un-hungry or vegans!

+1 ...especially the pork knuckle mit sauerkraut and dumplings. Delicious, but felt like the polar bear that had eaten one seal too many.
snow report
@Markymark29, Was just a suggestion if folks stay in B&B...Budget is generally the the rule to save cash for Beer & Skiing....
ski holidays
Wow, good to hear the Trödlerstube is still as good as it was in 1992....my first year at the Arlberg, memories....
snow report
Another favourite, though in Stüben, is http://www.berghaus-stuben.com. Very good food and great atmosphere. The deck on a sunny day is very pleasant,
snow report
@ulmerhutte, Laughing seal etc....
ski holidays
Anthonys for pizzas and the like or downstairs to Happy Valley for something fancier, there's plenty of choice if you head down Dorfstrasse towards Nasserein (The Spar etc) and look around the back of the Church and the side streets.

A notable mention to Skiing Buddha (Thai) in the climbing/sport hall near the train station.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy