Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sunglasses - Oakley M frame alternatives

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
For years I have had Oakley M frame sunglasses using a dark "Strike" shape lens for when sunny and persimmon iirc for bad light. When I went to get some new lenses a couple of years ago it seemed they had reduced in size and no longer gave the coverage of the old - basically they don't come down far enough.

Anybody any recommendations for something similar with large eye coverage?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I want some of these beauties: https://www.julbo.com/en/10/products/sunglasses/mountain/model/vermont-classic_10033.html

Could also try these: https://eu.sungod.co/shop/custom/pacebreakers
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Layne, The M Frame Heater lens provides the deepest coverage, if they are too deep try the Sweep.

I doubt you will find any genuine new Oakley lenses (maybe at a premium on eBay etc), but both Revant and Walleva make replacement M-Frame Heater lenses. Unfortunately Linegear of Japan who make the best non-Oakley, Oakley lenses, don't make a M-Frame lens.

You need to check that you are buying the correct lens for your frame, as the newer M2 M-Frame and the Mag M-Frame use different lenses.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The best goggles we have bought are POC LID BOHRIUM RED, they supposedly have the widest angle of vision of any on the market
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@PowderAdict, cheers. Wasn't aware there were manufacturers like Revant and Walleva doing this. Are they any good?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Slovakbrit, I prefer sunnies most of the time. I have some A frames for when there is little option.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Layne, They aren't ultimately up to the Oakley quality, but if the choice is between stopping using your M Frames, and using these, then they are a viable option. Alternatively, there are a number of other current Oakley blade like models that are available with the same lenses you currently have.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy