Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone own or skid on the Line Honeybadgers?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Im looking for a new pair of park skis and these sound just like what Im after from the reviews I can find but they dont have any in Elise Brigham at Castleford that I can try so thinking about just ordering some online from somewhere and taking my chances.

Anyone got any feedback about how they ski etc, whats the good and bad points about them?

Any other pairs I should be looking at?

Im after something really flexible and super lightweight as Ill just be using these for messing about in the park and want something that will be easy to butter and 360 on etc.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
On my radar too.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
medlington, what length?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
normally ski 185-190 on my all mountain skis (Line Mothership) so probably looking at around 170s for the park. Im 6'1
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
medlington, Just checked with Line and the only stock they have left from previous seasons are 150's so any unsold longer lengths will be with their stockists. However, IIRC, the Honey Badger is a conventional camber twin tip which wouldn't be my choice for "messing about in the park and want something that will be easy to butter and 360 on etc."

I'd put you on a pair of Whitedot Zero One's which are flat camber/rockered both ends & are designed for exactly your requirments: https://www.whitedotskis.com/collections/skis/products/zero-one

And the good news is that there's one remaining unsold pair from 15/16 (same ski as current but older black/orange graphic) in 173cm & they're sitting in my shop at just £275 in the flat!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks, they look very tempting, they seem to be billed more as an all mountain ski rather than a park ski though although I can see the rocker tips and zero camber would be good for what I want, do you have any idea what they weigh?

I think I really need to go and try a few out as Im not very experienced at buying park skis. I am quite keen though
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@medlington, for info, Friflyt magazine gave them top marks in their park ski test last year closely followed by Tom Wallisch pro model, which i think was a tad stiffer.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
medlington wrote:
Thanks, they look very tempting, they seem to be billed more as an all mountain ski rather than a park ski though although I can see the rocker tips and zero camber would be good for what I want, do you have any idea what they weigh?.....

A true park ski is a ski with a symmetrical sidecut (ie 119-89-119) with a true centre mount meaning the ski will perform exactly the same when skied either forwards/backward and will also spin concentrically. There can then be many variations of radius, flex, camber & rocker etc between makes/models to suit the users requirements.

However many park skis are really all mountain skis with conventional sidecuts (ie 119-90-113 so the tips are wider than the tails) but are either marked with a true centre mounting line only or they have both regular all mountain and true centre mounting lines. The Whitedot Zero One has both such lines so it's a park ski when mounted on the centre line or it's an all mountain ski when mounted on the FR (freeride) line. And as it's a flat camber ski with a lot of tip/tail rocker the FR line is actually only 20mm back from the centre line whereas on a conventional camber twin tip design of same length/sidecut you'd expect the two lines to be 60-100mm apart. Because the two mounting lines are so close many Zero One owners will use the FR line as it's a more versatile position yet will still perform excellently when riding switch or in the park.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just to throw another sales pitch (though they might be a bit longer than you're longer for) out there Laughing : http://www.downskis.com/shop/throwdown-89-2017

I've only skied the 125mm version, but they're very lively, playful and bombproof construction.

The Zero Ones above would be sweet for butter and jib-style moves, but you might miss some camber (for more pop) on jumps.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@clarky999, nice spec on that Throwdown. Surprised they don't make it in a shorter length as well as most park rats run their skis on the short side.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for all the info, they both look good. Im very tempted, may well get back to you when Ive made a decision.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy