Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier Snow Report 2018/2019-and useful links

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well as this topic is for the coming season, thought should go in a new thread for the coming season!

Ok confused, thought new lift was starting above Pointless on the chemain above skid alley?

This just in from Serre Che Press Tourist Office!

▶ New « Cote Chevalier » chairlift (Villeneuve area)
A brand new 6-person high-speed chairlift will be replacing the actual « Cote Chevalier ».
Getting from Villeneuve to Chantemerle will be much easier and much faster (3000 people/h instead of 1800), with fewer pylons.
The bottom station of the new Cote Chevalier chairlift will be located below the Frejus chairlift.
The top of the lift will be the same. 10 million euros have been invested in this new lift.
Serre Chevalier Pressroom

So all the plans I've seen and asking pistuers last season was that the lift would start 150m above Pontilllas.

I really do hope the Press Office is right and that plans have been subsequently changed.

I'm back out next Wednesday so will make it a priority to go and take an actual look, as we like to run / hike up to Pi Mai in the summer.

That's if KenX doesn't get up there on his E-Bike / Lift before me Toofy Grin
latest report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Weathercam, Very Happy
Also heard they're taking out the Frejus chair and the Pre du Bois drag, which will impact our off-piste somewhat..........
snow conditions     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@KenX, we all saw the plans, seemed everyone was singing from the same hymn sheet, no matter how illogical it was, and now this, which is the more logical option to replace the "shitty" chair as well!
I have my doubts as how do you get all the mini Club Meds to Frejus Nursery sector unless you bus them to Frejus gondola?
We'll suss it out next Wed as should be more than obvious as to where it starts, lunch (cokes) at Pi Mai !
latest report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
from the best site for keeping track on new lifts in france, lots of info and photos on the new cote chevalier lift, building diary
https://www.remontees-mecaniques.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=29353

And if you can read french
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=fr&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=nl&ie=UTF-8&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.remontees-mecaniques.net%2Fforums%2Findex.php%3Fshowtopic%3D29353&edit-text=

in yellow, the new lift trajectory

snow conditions     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Onnem, that's one of the sites we were looking at last year, and when I say "plan" that's what I was referring to.

In fact in last season's thread we were discussing the bigger picture that is proposed for Serre going out the next ten or so years with various new lifts planned and in June Folie Douce announced that they were going to be behind the 1,000 beds being built roughly at the bottom of my road, where the horse riding center is.
https://www.ledauphine.com/hautes-alpes/2018/06/28/la-folie-douce-souhaite-investir-a-serre-chevalier

That image above, of the new lift (yellow line) is the basis of our discussion here, as the Press Release says that the start, (bottom of the yellow line) is now going to be below D !!!

D is what we refer to as the "shitty chair" as is currently the lynch pin in getting people to the Frejus sector from Club Med.

I still think the Press Office have got it wrong as there's no way plans can change so quickly as surveys would have had to take place etc and not least an increase in costs
ski holidays     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Further digging around - would indeed seem that the "shitty" chair is no more Sad

And now Pointless is really going to live up to its name!

Whilst this will not impact many, it will affect Club Med in a big way and not least yours truly and team for first tracks though we have other options.

For me it was the plentiful car parking at Pointless that was always the attraction for going there, now all around Frejus will be even more of a bun fight, but at 08:30 it's never too bad Cool

snow report     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Weathercam, I've just been looking at those photos too. Pointless was always pointless for us in any case, but I guess it wasn't for you. And next year, it is Monetier's turn for some lift upgrades I believe.
snow conditions     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm surprised @KenX, hasn't suggested the obvious strategy?

Put skins on whilst going up in Pointless then skin the ten mins to the new lift 😁
latest report     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Laughing
snow report     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Weathercam, I'm surprised too, as the thought had occured to me.
latest report     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy