Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes and the Espace Killy 2017/18 (Closed - No more posts please!)

Poster: A snowHead
Going to be a lot of seasonnaires riding Le fornet. No pun intended 😁 last slow eggs in Espace Killy 👍
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Timg60 wrote:
Going to be a lot of seasonnaires riding Le fornet. No pun intended 😁 last slow eggs in Espace Killy 👍

I think it's the only reason it's still there! Especially with the tinted windows snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The autumn pass prices are on the website, one euro more per day and they don't seem to be offering any discount for clubs this winter.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rjs wrote:
The autumn pass prices are on the website, one euro more per day and they don't seem to be offering any discount for clubs this winter.

I went in Oct last year and there were so many clubs skiing that I wouldn't bother again. We got hardly any skiing in and had had enough of the queuing after 3 hours.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@bar shaker, The end of October is French half-term, it is usually quieter in November. Not sure I will bother at 33 Euro per day though, there is the lane rental fee on top of that.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quick question re transfers. I wanted to know if anyone has come across or had experience with Alps Rider EU. They have come up on FindTransfers.com with a 93% rating and are a lot cheaper than other operators. I was interested if anyone has had first hand experience in using them?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@FrediKanoute,
Never heard of them.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Tignes addict wrote:
@FrediKanoute,
Never heard of them.

Thanks, I am suspicious.....500+ reviews but no one seems to have heard of them.

Has anyone had any experience of the following:

SMART DRIVER LYON
Alpinbus
ALPES BUSINESS CLASS
H.R. Taxi
Snow Drive Transfers
Ride Star Transport
ALLOTAXI TRANSFERT

These all came in the EUR 600 to EUR 700 range when quoting for Geneva to Tignes (return)

Thanks
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@FrediKanoute, part of the problem at the moment is a lot of the transfer co's are not up and running for 2018/19 season.

There are a lot of options GVA to Tignes, but some are best ignored.

Are you looking for a private transfer?

Bens bus seems good (although timings might not work) but not private.

White Rides did a good job for us a couple years ago.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
nelly0168 wrote:
@FrediKanoute, part of the problem at the moment is a lot of the transfer co's are not up and running for 2018/19 season.

Thanks Nelly0168. I get its still a little early. I had a look at White Rides and they quoted €800, which seemed on the pricey side compared to some other quotes. We are looking for a private transfer. As there are 5 of us, the group transfer amount is almost the same with less convenience.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm also a bit suspicious. Trying to find reasonable quote for Grenoble>Val Claret in January. Most come in at 700-800 euros. Alp Riders EU is 520 euros. Few reviews on TripAdvisor suggest they might be worth a swerve.

I tried contacting InterAlps transfers who I'd used before and were great, but I'm guessing it's currently out of season or they aren't operating anymore.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
FrediKanoute wrote:
nelly0168 wrote:

Thanks Nelly0168. I get its still a little early. I had a look at White Rides and they quoted €800, which seemed on the pricey side compared to some other quotes. We are looking for a private transfer. As there are 5 of us, the group transfer amount is almost the same with less convenience.

None of them are cheap - Alpybus and Coolbus may also do private transfers

Or hire a big car?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks Nelly0168 - I agree that none are cheap, though some are cheaper than others. Car Hire is not really for us as I would just prefer to be picked up and driven. The fear is that come the day we are due to come on home the "cheap" company doesn't show and what seemed like a bargain on September is just the down payment on a whole lot of pain in Feb!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@FrediKanoute, I used http://www.europetransfer.com/ many years ago (2012 wow!) for GVA -> La Daille
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
FrediKanoute wrote:
Thanks Nelly0168 - I agree that none are cheap, though some are cheaper than others. Car Hire is not really for us as I would just prefer to be picked up and driven. The fear is that come the day we are due to come on home the "cheap" company doesn't show and what seemed like a bargain on September is just the down payment on a whole lot of pain in Feb!

Or that they are one of the Eastern European companies that the French Police are targeting. It's not certain whether the French can stop them operating (it's pretty certain they can't) but they make life hell for these companies... and all of their passengers.

I rent a car but would stick with Snowdrone (which is owned by an English couple) or one of the other big local 'approved' companies.
snow conditions
On one of the reviews on findtransfers.com it does say that they are a company operating out of Latvia.....and indeed the phone number provided on their website is a Latvia number.
snow report
I have now started the 2018/19 thread so to keep things simple can we no longer post here but use the new one. Pretty Please! (and thank you!)
latest report
Sounds like the new lift arrangement out of Brev is going to be a bit of a potential nightmare! Especially one busy days or when the lifts open late due to securing. I had assumed the new gondola would link with the Boisse one meaning you wouldn't need to get off. Now your gonna have to queue up at the bottom in Brev of a morning potentially and then join another queue for all the people starting at Boisse too. Sounds like getting the bus to Lac from Boisse will be quicker. Confused
snow conditions
chocksaway wrote:
I have now started the 2018/19 thread so to keep things simple can we no longer post here but use the new one. Pretty Please! (and thank you!)

Only took 35 mins for this to be ignored. rolling eyes
snow report
I'll close this one.
New season - new start...
Go here for the 2018/19 thread https://dev.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=138772
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy