Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfers. Geneva - Val D'isere

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any recommendations for transfers for 2 people from Geneva to Val D'Isere?
Cheapest transfer I can find is £600 return which seems excessive. Renting a car doesn't seem any cheaper, and the train timetables seem absolutely useless for booking any further than 2 weeks in advance. Puzzled
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
https://www.alps2alps.com

Used them plenty of times, always reliable.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thnaks for that. Just had a look, they are 750 EUR!!!!Wonder if it's the time of year, ramped up prices as it's New Year.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
How long are you going for?
With just two of you, a small car will take most ski gear, rentalcars.com show various models sub €300 for 30/12 - 6/1/18 Do you need to fly to GVA? fly into Lyon and similar cars are €100 cheaper
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
https://www.altibus.com/

98€ return pp.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Or SNCF and the bus from Bourg st Maurice station. Or perhaps www.val.co.uk/helicoptertransfers.htm.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
or Bensbus.co.uk at weekends

€650 is a lot of money but is the going rate, don't forget you are asking for a winterized minibus that will take 8 and on that return you would be tying it up for a minimum of 12 hours.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Minto, Hi Minto, two of us are booked with Ben's Bus for 15th December return from Geneva to Tignes at 84pp. That was the best price we could find and also the only company that was running transfers leaving resort T 03.30am.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
johnE wrote:
Or SNCF and the bus from Bourg st Maurice station. Or perhaps www.val.co.uk/helicoptertransfers.htm.
Those helicopter flights are a lot cheaper than expected. But still no, ha a ha.

I was looking at Ben's Bus but the times are very poor for our flights, we'd waste 2 full days in the airport. Best option I've found is AVIS will rent us a car for the full trip for £350. Perfect for our flight times, just need to check our hotel has parking. Any one know, Hotel Christiana?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If not there are numerous underground car parks in Val where once you've unloaded you can stash it. As someone who drives all the way, I'm reminded one of the reasons why I do so by this thread!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Renting a car doesn't seem any cheaper

Really? I book through Autoeurope. The rental car that gets me to Tignes each year from Geneva airport (french side) usually costs about £230 for 8 days.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Minto wrote:
Any recommendations for transfers for 2 people from Geneva to Val D'Isere?
Cheapest transfer I can find is £600 return which seems excessive. Renting a car doesn't seem any cheaper, and the train timetables seem absolutely useless for booking any further than 2 weeks in advance. Puzzled

The most I have ever paid for a car is £340 for the week and that was when I needed a Skoda Superb estate, for four people with lots of luggage.

Renting a car also means no waiting around at the airport for other flights to arrive, or getting dropped there 4 hours before your flight departs.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
For what you have been quoted, Snowdrone will chauffeur you in their Tesla Model X or Audi A6 Allroad.

It's a nicer way to travel than in a mini bus, if you really don't want to drive. http://snow-drone.com/
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy