Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

LES ARCS 2017 - 2018

Poster: A snowHead
@red 27, I like that route suggestion!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Interesting to see the difference in routes from 1950 to Vanoise. As we have the full pass it might be worth taking both approaches on different days and seeing how they compare. However with my sense of direction I can imagine not keeping left enough and dropping down too soon near 1800.

Cheers
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@mrecho, the signposting is very good - keep following the signs for La Plagne.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@red 27, I must give your route a try - looks good.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@mrecho, If boarding do not try the Bois route, it’s very dull & mostly flatish.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@mrecho, you're more likely to drop into Vallandry, as there are a number of tempting reds off the cat track!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Arctic Roll, been there, done that! @mrecho, don't turn down the slopes until you get to the Ours piste.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Loads of wind and snow overnight and still blowing hard.

Anyone got any lift updates yet? Can't find anything online but I reckon a lot will be closed today.

Drifting snow will ramp up the av level too.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The livecams in arc 2000 & 1950 don’t look too pretty this morning!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Arctic Roll, @Alastair, It wasn't until i skied it on Sunday that I realized that it's one long uninterrupted decent from the RdM to Champagny - must be 1500m of vertical drop nearly?

The Champagny run itself is perhaps a bit 'marmite' but I love it
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ChrisKernow wrote:
Loads of wind and snow overnight and still blowing hard.

Anyone got any lift updates yet? Can't find anything online but I reckon a lot will be closed today.

Drifting snow will ramp up the av level too.

Try this https://skiplan.com/bulletin/bulletin.php?station=les-arcs&region=alpes&pays=france&lang=en

https://skiplan.com/bulletin/bulletin.php?station=la-plagne&region=alpes&pays=france&lang=en
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Not much due to open around 2000, most lifts due to open in 1600, 1800, Vallandry, although not the highest lifts.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks. Looking out of the window here at Plan Peisey by the Vanoise it looks horrid. If I wasn't heading to Geneva anyway it would be a rest day for me.

It's beast out there.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Not many lifts open. We are in 1600 and decided to can skiing today. One lift here, a couple in 1800 and plan Pleisy area is half open. 1950/2000 can’t even get buses out as they are not running either.

Yesterday we skied a lot, mainly Vallandry and the amazing reds there, so are not too worried.

If anyone is thinking of coming we are loving 1600 as a location. Tiny admittedly. So not the place for great apres, but such easy access everywhere. Max 2 lifts to Vanoise Express, 2 to 1950/2000, so I think just 3 to the glacier (did that First thing on Monday).

Next few days will pop across to LP again I suspect, down to Villaroger and at least one more day at Vallandry. Loving it.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Found the interactive piste map.

Shows what is and isn't open.

Very closed.

https://www.lesarcs.com/plan-des-pistes.html
ski holidays
Skiied around Plan Peisey and Vallandry this afternoon after the winds had died down a bit most sunny at this and fantastic snow. Not to busy either.
ski holidays
@Christopher, I would head up to the Bellecote if the runs up there are open.
snow report
Quote:

If anyone is thinking of coming we are loving 1600 as a location. Tiny admittedly. So not the place for great apres, but such easy access everywhere. Max 2 lifts to Vanoise Express, 2 to 1950/2000, so I think just 3 to the glacier (did that First thing on Monday).

I make it 4 to the glacier: cachette, arpette, Varet, Telepherique. Or 5 in my case cos I cannot be bothered to walk through town and get the combettes lift.
ski holidays
johnE wrote:
Quote:

I make it 4 to the glacier: cachette, arpette, Varet, Telepherique. Or 5 in my case cos I cannot be bothered to walk through town and get the combettes lift.

and a horrible trek from Arpette to Varet, better to go Arpette, down to marmotte to Varet.
ski holidays
Plenty to ski at Vallandry today given the interesting conditions, even though only a few lower level lifts open.

You can get lists of open pistes and lifts for all the Paradiski resorts here https://www.lesarcsnet.com/lifts/status
snow report
Quote:

and a horrible trek from Arpette to Varet, better to go Arpette, down to marmotte to Varet.

Which is almost certainly what I would do. That, or take Clocheret and pre st espirit, but do you notice no one is suggsting the transarc. I wonder why Toofy Grin
snow report
johnE wrote:
do you notice no one is suggsting the transarc. I wonder why Toofy Grin

What an uncomfortable lift. They could do with new cabins on there.
snow report
Alastair wrote:
johnE wrote:
do you notice no one is suggsting the transarc. I wonder why Toofy Grin

What an uncomfortable lift. They could do with new cabins on there.

Absolutely, don't get why they took out the Grand Reynard out, was a slow reliable and less queue bound alternative
snow report
Yep. Sorry 4 lifts 🤣 I guess once I took my skis off I forgot there was two lifts. Still was pretty quick to top of the glacier from 1600. About 30 mins (maybe 40 with the wait at the gondola)

Hopefully tomorrow and onwards will be better than today. I rested, powder poor visibility and a dodgy knee are not great partners. It’s been fab conditions so far
ski holidays
johnE wrote:
Quote:

Which is almost certainly what I would do. That, or take Clocheret and pre st espirit, but do you notice no one is suggsting the transarc. I wonder why Toofy Grin

Have to admit that since Carelly opened we very rarely get on Transarc. Its a great addition to the resort.
snow report
thefatcontroller wrote:

Have to admit that since Carelly opened we very rarely get on Transarc. Its a great addition to the resort.

+1

And Carelly is such a little secret as you have to get the little bubble up to it (Villans is it?)
ski holidays
red 27 wrote:
(Villans is it?)
Dahu, although technically that lift is for pedestrians not skiers. The Carrelley lift has made a big improvement to the queues for Vagere, especially combined with the Traverse piste they created so you can get to Carrelley from the top of the Derby lift without dropping down the Arc 1800 snow front.
snow report
Quote:

Traverse piste they created so you can get to Carrelley from the top of the Derby lift without dropping down the Arc 1800 snow front.

It's even better than that. You can get across to 1600 without that horrible run from the bottom of Derby to 1800 (those rollers really wreck my knees)
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
More open today, including Cachette which opens up the trees either side of Rouelle. Plenty of snow, although quite dense as you get down towards 1600. Makes me yearn for the amazing pre-Christmas conditions. However, endlesss fun to be had. I’d almost forgotten the fun of skiing the steeper lines through the trees there. Thought I was skiing well until a group from the Les Arcs race club passed me, at warp speed. I tried to follow, but that was a fool’s errand, so now I’m caffeine loading to try again.

ski holidays
Sigh, week tomorrow till I get back, can't come quick enough!
snow report
Can anyone recommend a bar near the BSM train station, we used to go to Bazoom opposite but it was closed last year? Will be coming down on funicular tomorrow evening with a large bag,so not looking to drag it too far! ... Thanks all 😊
snow report
@macduff, the teneau (probably spelt wrong) opposite the coach park outside the main entrance to the station is ok
ski holidays
le Tonneau
snow conditions
^^ What he said ^^ Very Happy
snow report
macduff wrote:
Can anyone recommend a bar near the BSM train station, we used to go to Bazoom opposite but it was closed last year? Will be coming down on funicular tomorrow evening with a large bag,so not looking to drag it too far! ... Thanks all 😊

Charly's Factory right outside the Funi is good.
latest report
cheztichot wrote:
le Tonneau

+1
ski holidays
There's a lot of snow! This shows the snow banked up from clearing the road to one of the buildings in Chantel, at 1800m.

Brings new meaning to "a covered lift". It's completely snow covered on the other side.

ski holidays
@rob@rar, Only another metre due over the next few days.... Madeye-Smiley
latest report
[quote="wills_h", the teneau (probably spelt wrong) opposite the coach park outside the main entrance to the station is ok

Many thanks
latest report
Looking at the high and low webcams it looks truly grim now for a transfer day. For the low cams I use Champagny and Montalbert cams from La Plagne as you can see the car parks and roads so you get an idea on the travel conditions. There are no low cams like this Les Arcs side?

http://m.webcam-hd.com/webcam-station-champagny/webcam-champagny-village

https://laplagne.roundshot.com/montalbert/
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy