Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

LES ARCS 2017 - 2018

Poster: A snowHead
@haigie, I'd say there is a very good chance!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
alasdair.graham@hotmail.c wrote:
@haigie, I'd say there is a very good chance!

Hopefully I'll choose a better route this time....
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@haigie, Give me a shout closer to the time, I know a couple of routes Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
alasdair.graham@hotmail.c wrote:
@haigie, Give me a shout closer to the time, I know a couple of routes Smile

Haha! Hopefully still snow down to Bourg. We aimed for Charlie’s last time and came quite close, but there were a lot of trees and rocks to contend with...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looks like a fair bit of rain overnight - taken the snow off the trees but hopefully hasn't done any real damage to snow levels...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Booo for rain!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dumping down with snow again now Smile

70cm reported at 1600 which sounds very respectable for December
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Such a rollercoaster of emotions Laughing
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just had a look at the Les Arcs web site and notice that new piste map is available with the extended Pre st Espirit lift on. I also noticed the live cams should a decent snow cover Smile There is one and only one piste in the Les Arcs area I have never done - Violets. It may just be the first run of my christmas trip.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@johnE, does the Funicular stop at the bottom of that piste?

More snow today snowHead .
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Alastair, Yes Les Garges. Granges and Bois des Saule also go there and I have done them a few times.

The spelling is actually Violettes. I wonder if the Millertte drag and the the corresponding beginners pistes will be open since I have never done them either (I lied on my original post). Studying the piste map I also noticed a piste called Chalets as well that I cannot recall the top part of.

Are there any pistes the regulars here have never done?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
johnE wrote:
@Alastair, Yes Les Garges. Granges and Bois des Saule also go there and I have done them a few times.

The spelling is actually Violettes. I wonder if the Millertte drag and the the corresponding beginners pistes will be open since I have never done them either (I lied on my original post). Studying the piste map I also noticed a piste called Chalets as well that I cannot recall the top part of.

Are there any pistes the regulars here have never done?

Not quite a regular but I did a season out there 15/16... I've never even noticed that piste before!

Only a couple of blacks I've not bothered with.. Chasing powder was of more interest Cool
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@johnE, I don;t think we've ever done Combe ( red, far end of Peisey) - it's either always closed, or we take Ecureil anyway. I might have done it once, 15 years ago, but couldn't swear to it.

Also verzaille in 1600 - looks like a beginners / ski-school single piste off a go-nowhere lift? Like you, also hope there's enough snow to tick Viollettes off, in a couple of weeks...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Arctic Roll, Its embarrassing how many runs we haven't done in Les Arcs. Since we moved to boarding we especially know our favourite runs and stick to those but this year we took a mild turn off Transarcs and found a run down to 1800 we didn't know existed....
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I stumbled on a new piste last winter. Sort of knew it existed as I can see it out of my window, but didn't know how to get to it. Found it last winter and it was unpisted with knee deep powder on it for a section of a few hundred metres.
ski holidays
@Arctic Roll, Combe is a lovely run surrounded by trees. I can reccomend it. It is possible to divert from it a little to runs to Notre Dame des Vernettes

As to Verzaille; I did it for the first time a couple years ago while waiting for the rest of the party to return to 1600. It was knee deep powder and had not been skied since the snow started. It was fun, but you are right it is only used for beginner lessons and the odd junior slalom course. You have missed nothing by not doing it. My old piste map has it as a green. It was also served by the tommelet drag lift from the northern end of Arc1600 near where the old Golet lift was. I think that lift is still in use but only goes a fraction of its old length. The stade de slalom directly below the lift has now reverted back to nature.

@thefatcontroller, please tell us what that mysterious run is. Was it Grand Renard?
snow report
@johnE, had to look at a piste map, dont use them anymore, maybe we should 'charmettoger', it was empty every time. Think everyone sticks to 'grand melezes' There are a lot of runs that cross each other around there and it does get confusing.
ski holidays
Ah... you now have me poring over the Piste Map to figure out if there are any runs I've never done...

A break in our programme this year, as our annual 'boys' long w/e to Les Arcs is replaced with a jaunt over to Chamonix. But back at Easter with my family and hope to get 3rd child off the nursery blues in 2000. Loving the look of the new Pre lift.... whilst that has often been a lovely run, it has been avoided over the past few years simply due to the uplift. Back on the cards now thou!
snow conditions
@thefatcontroller The "Charmettoger" was one of my favourite runs a few years back - could lap it and not see another skier on the run Very Happy
snow conditions
@skitrack, @thefatcontroller, for similar reasons, ours is Froide Fontaines.
snow report
Arctic Roll wrote:
@skitrack, @thefatcontroller, for similar reasons, ours is Froide Fontaines.

Know it, quite steep in parts but yes quiet and fun on a board in the side on powder.
snow report
Hello guys. Anyone knows what is going to open this weekend?
ski holidays
Snow everywhere in the valley today. All the way down to Bourg so with more snow over the next few days we might be able to ski down to Bourg from Arc 1600 this weekend. Fingers crossed.
latest report
@snowcrazy, excellent news.
ski holidays
@Arctic Roll, yes there is talk of a new route, but i am not sure when or if it will be made. I think the tree people might put up a fight over some sections. Guess that is progress.
ski holidays
Heading to Les Arcs for the season opening on Saturday. Snow forecast looks great and the weather is due to be brightening up a little for the start of next week. Should be a great start to the season. Let's hope they can get the whole mountain open in time Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
The season opening party for Bar King Mad is tomorrow night, I urge anyone who is already in 1800 to go along, you'll get to see the new look since the refurb in the off season. It'll be a fantastic evening.
snow report
@wills_h, I think it's tonight?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Whoops my mistake, you are indeed correct, it’s tonight!
snow report
Beyond the "one day in Paradiski" included with the local Les Arcs pass, is it possible to buy a one day extension at the Caisse on the particular day required.

I remember seeing this in the price list in previous years, but not for this season.

Many thanks in advance.
latest report
@sproggski, A one day Les Arcs -> Paradiski extension is €37 according to the price guide I just picked up.
ski holidays
Shocked

Full area pass it is then!

Thanks, @Alastair
latest report
@sproggski, It certainly was in the past as you say - we've done it where we've had Paradiski passes for some of our group and only Les Arcs for others (this was before the automatic 1 day offer). but IIRC it ain't cheap, specifically because you are effectively abandoning a day's pass in Les Arcs you've already paid for. ? €30+ or so, on top?

Can't think they'd miss a money-making opportunity this season!
But you'd want to check what the break-even point is - is it as effective just to get the full Paradiski pass before you go, as buy another one day?
snow report
If it is the same as last year, the full Paradiski Pass offers an extra half day as well and a quick look at the website seems to show the difference between the two passes is only 34 Euros
snow conditions
tonyswift wrote:
If it is the same as last year, the full Paradiski Pass offers an extra half day as well and a quick look at the website seems to show the difference between the two passes is only 34 Euros

Would it surprise you to learn that 1 x extra day at the ticket office costs 37 euro....
ski holidays
@thefatcontroller, I was going to just go for the Les Arcs one this year as I very much doubt we'll do more than a day in La Plagne, but I will definitely want to get a couple of hours of skiing in on the first day so looks like the full Paradiski pass is the one to go for again!
ski holidays
@tonyswift, my conclusion also. The Paradiski pass also has “priority queue access” to the Varet gondola, which could be handy at half-term.
snow report
The season is almost upon us! There is loads of snow higher on the mountain and you can even ski the lower pistes although you might not be able to get down to Bourg as I hoped if this rain keeps falling.

For anyone interested in meeting up for a 'first day of the season' ski. The plan that seems to suit most people is that we meet at the Bulle (Mushroom ) cafe in the Arc 2000 bowl at 12 noon on Saturday if the links are running or at the Altiport on the Arc 1600/1800 side if the higher links are not open.

This should give those that want a good morning ski to get out for a blast first and for those that need to sort stuff out to do that and then still get to the meeting point.

Hope to see as many people out as possible. Even if the weather is not great! We can always have a long drink stop (yes, I am getting old!) and still get our legs warmed up for the season!

@sproggski, 'Priority queue access' where did you see that!? I do not see that working in high season and in low season not really needed. It will be interesting!
ski holidays
@snowcrazy, on the Les Arcs website, at the bottom of this page: https://www.lesarcs-peiseyvallandry.ski/en/avantages-paradiski
snow report
@sproggski, well spotted. I did not scroll down that far when the update was sent out. I wonder how that will work. It is going to be interesting! Video at the ready on the Varet. I can see a lot of trouble with this idea! Toofy Grin

Thought I would share the update I just posted on the Les Arcs Winter facebook page for anyone driving out right now.

Just a quick update for all those driving out. Last night the rain turned to snow once more right down to Bourg. Very nice for all those like me wanting to ski down to bourg, but be careful driving the roads might be very slippy still as it is cloudy and damp outside. The main roads should be cleared by now even up the mountain. The French are normally very good at doing this. However the small side roads in resort or too the villages might be difficult. My advice, have your snow chains ready in case you need them.

Hope that helps.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy