Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

difference between ski clinic & ski school

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am planning to do a ski clinic pre PSB and this got me thinking whats the difference between a ski cinic and old fashioned ski school?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No standard definition, so each person will have their own opinions. For me I think a "ski clinic" is a more focused, intense experience than standard ski school lessons. So it might involve more hours per week (half-day or full day lessons for 5 or 6 days); lots of video analysis; more of a technical focus perhaps through using on-snow drills; on and off-snow discussion about technique, tactics, perhaps some sessions on equipment maintenance or fitness; significantly less "follow-me" guiding; perhaps carefully chosen but more limited selection of terrain, etc.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Marketing!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
A clinic suggests focusing on specific/elements problems and doing more bespoke teaching.

A school or lesson is for general education/learning.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
£50 per day

ber boom
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Any recommendations for a week ski school/clinic in 3v, espace killy etc for the week 9-16th december (week after PSB).
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@WASHOUT, TDC in EK without any shadow of a doubt. Gavin lewis in Tignes and Steve Angus in Val
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy