Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Train Paris to Bourg Saint Maurice - how much does it cost in Feb half term?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, did anyone get the train from Paris to Bourg Saint Maurice in Feb half term (2017 or 2018)? If so how much did you pay for a return ticket please? And for kids?

SNCF don't release the bookings until nearer the time and I'm trying to decide whether to fly or train; I'd rather get the train for carbon footprint reasons, but but if it's going to be similar to the cost of flying I'd want to factor that in and probably make a booking sooner rather than later.

Thanks very much.

Best

Nick
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can't answer your exact question, but in my experience the Paris-Bourg leg is the smaller part of the overall travel cost. The London-Paris leg can be much more expensive.

May of course vary with when you book, as not sure how SNCF pricing works. If it is demand driven then you might also need to know when people booked, and whether UK half-term aligned with Paris half-term in those years.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As with all train tickets it depends when you book, and the tricky bit is that the Eurostar tickets to Paris go on sale a month or more before the TGV tickets. The TGV leg will be bookable on 6th November for half term I think:

https://www.snowcarbon.co.uk/live-train-price-checker/Moutiers-Aime-and-Bourg-St-Maurice-by-Eurostar-TGV-Sat
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

I'd rather get the train for carbon footprint reasons

I have vague recollection of reading here that for a family a car was no worse than train?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I wouldn't go by train in half term. It's packed out, and they use the pre-war rolling stock on the overnight trains. Awful.
If you fly, then you can get the train from Lyon easily, or a hire car (easier from Grenoble as car hire is right by terminal), Chambery you need a taxi to the town station. As you have kids why not drive all the way? You can stop when you want, break the journey, have a picnic, far more civilised! The cost was the same for 2 adults and 2 kids when we did the maths.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

I wouldn't go by train in half term. It's packed out, and they use the pre-war rolling stock on the overnight trains. Awful.

I thought they had stopped the overnight trains some time ago and now you can only get the TGV direct or change at Lyon or Chambery.

@happysailingdude, visit the https://www.trainline.eu website and make your booking. You didn't say which of the half term weeks you were interested in, but I had a quick look at the one departing 8/2/19 and returning on the following Saturday night. it was 49 euro Paris to Bourg and 43 return. It reports 2.1 kg of CO2 each way
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
happysailingdude, if you do decide on the train option, then find out exactly when the tickets go on sale (it was 5am last year), and be there with your coffee and computer ready to buy within one microsecond of the tickets being available. Only then will you get a decent price.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The first 25 new AGV Trains from Alstom were supplied to the French at €26m a pop.$
That might sound a bit toppy but they are capable of 575Km/H
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
360 miles per hour!?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy