Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Thuile for short break

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Snowheads

Just sorting a 3 night break in mid January for a group of 5 guys. All good skiers preferring staying on the posteva covering miles.

We also want a nice 4 star hotel with a pool and found a decent option in La Thuile, which is the sister hotel to one we stayed in last year in Courmayeur.

What's the ski area like for 3.5 days - link to La Roserie easy and what about access to Courmayeur, which I think is on the pass or you get 1 day?

Thanks in advance as always!

BB
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Been there for a boys break myself years ago,really enjoyed it. For a three day break I wouldn't bother with Courmayeur as there is plenty to do in La Thuile unless the weather is bad which it can be. There is a bus service to Courmayeur should you want it about 30-40 minutes from memory.
Link to La Ros isn't the quickest and you need drag lifts on the way back but it gets you t o a sunny area which is good in January.
Not a lot of night-life if that is your thing, you will probably be in the hotel bar. But a really plaeasnt varied ski area with decent off piste in the right conditions.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The area would be good for a short trip. Lots of the tougher runs are lower down, tree lined and only one lift away from the village, with more cruisy but still interesting runs higher up. We particularly liked the runs on the back side of the La Thuile section, it felt quieter and more isolated and the runs felt longer. Plenty of mileage and variety for a short break.

The link over to La Ros is easy enough to do in a day but it is a slightly long winded and dull process. The piste over to La Ros is undulating with various flat sections, shady and prone to wind. Coming back is better in terms of piste but has slow, long drag lifts. Just allow plenty of time.
La Ros has lots of sunny, cruisy blue pistes for the most part, and felt busier than the La Thuile side. We felt we did a lot of zig zag ski down lift up to move across the La Ros skis area. Some great views from the top though.

Not sure about the trip to Courmayeur as I didn't do it myself but I did see big buses going there some mornings. I think you get a one day option to go there, but not sure if transport is included and not sure how many days liftpass you need to buy before that day is included.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks both. Looks like it could well be a goer then as we don't mind faff to open up the km and we aren't going to be doing mega apres, just late night drinking in local bars.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What's the Mont Blanc tunnel like on transfer day?

We are arriving in Geneva on Saturday 13th January at 8.30am and will get a private transfer and will want to getting in by midday, ideally, to ski the pm.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I was scanning through my post history and noticed i'd not updated this. How rude.

We went in mid Jan and had a great time in the Miramonti. Twinned with a hotel in Courmayeur that we also have stayed in. Summary was that the skiing was very cold (as was the whole season imo - I went Dec, Jan and March in Klosters, La Thuile and Flachau) but really good.

The hotel was tidy and nice, got a lift up to the lifts from the driver. It's not that far but worth having. Food was fine in a few different places, but it's a very quiet resort. Suited us though - ended up staying up in the hotel bar and they served until we wanted to go to bed.

Bit of a trek to get over to La Ros, but really not that hard. Lots of fun runs once you're off the main La Thuile motorway - particularly once you drop off the other side. Lots of easily accessible off piste.

Good for a few days.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Two new lifts opening up a new exciting area in LaRosiere next season . Will make the trip to France doubly interesting .
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy