Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz/Chatel/Les Gets/Morzine 2017/2018

Poster: A snowHead
@jonm,
Prodain express closes at 9pm so make sure you are there before that. (It also stops between 7:30 and 7:50pm for a temporary break).
You will probably have to but a one way pedestrian ticket to take the telecabin up to Avoriaz with your luggage.
I'm sure Crozats is too far to make it on foot with luggage from the top of Prodains express to the accommodation (see link)
http://www.avoriaz.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/plan_avoriaz.png
Avoriaz ground transport will come and collect you at the top of Prodains express and take you and your luggage to crozats for a fee
see this link re: ground transportation (Tel 0033450740155)
http://www.avoriaz.com/en/staying/getting-here-and-parking/parks-and-on-site-transportation
Not sure if it's card or cash for the ground transport
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@@247snowman, that's really helpful - thank you.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@jonm, I have always paid cash for transport (either a horse and sledge through the day or a snow cat at night).

I'm usually getting lift from the top of the resort and depending on where stay it's usually anywhere from 8-12 Euro. If you ring the number that was provided in a previous post they will come get you - I have always found it quick, cheapish and hassle free.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Sunshine81, thanks.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
12cm of Fresh Snow and snowing hard at 1250m this morning.
Rain below 1000m.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Sadly not in Les Gets this morning but the chap clearing the ice rink on the webcam with the snow blower looks to be shifting a good foot or so!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Snowing in Chapelle d’Abondance this morning and the viz has now cleared a bit.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Been snowing all morning in Thollon @ 1000m. Just been down to check out the huge new Decathlon at Amphion.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@BergenBergen, I do not think there is a wider selection of goods in Decathlon than before, but the aisles are much wider, the atelier is bigger, there are more tills ( though the same number actually open ), there is a fancy travelator belt, much more parking and the wifi is better.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Nice bit of snow last night in Les Gets and it's still coming down. Thankfully most people are skiing on the footpaths, not the roads.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@zzz, cheers.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Almost nothing settled in Morzine but a very pleasant 30-40cm at 1800ish made for some very pleasant skiing in amongst the Linderets trees. A useful top up indeed.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@zzz, jalous
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Latest snow depths in Avoriaz looking very healthy snowHead snowHead snowHead

latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Handy Turnip wrote:
Latest snow depths in Avoriaz looking very healthy snowHead snowHead snowHead

It’s so healthy that many of the best side hits are buried. The snow is so deep the topography of the mountain is very different, also many pistes are wider and more filled in than I’ve ever seen them.

Caught first lifts today and headed over to Chatel for some happy valley laps. Happy indeed with awesome lines in deep fresh dry powder to be had all over the place. The pistes are in fantastic condition also
snow conditions
There's some "new" hits top right of happy valley caused by wind lips.
Last weekend the landings were pretty crusty.
Looking forward to hitting them tomorrow though.
snow report
POssibly the nicest snow I’ve skied this season and still powder off Nyon and Chamoissiere- Ranfolly pistes we’re so good first thing we went up three times. Anyone out this week is in for a treat
ski holidays
Nadenoodlee wrote:
POssibly the nicest snow I’ve skied this season and still powder off Nyon and Chamoissiere- Ranfolly pistes we’re so good first thing we went up three times. Anyone out this week is in for a treat

Excellent, got here this morning after a mammoth drive down through the night, still not got to bed yet as I have spent the day sorting out pre-organised ski lessons and ski hire for my step son and girlfriend, off to bed soon to go and hit the slopes tomorrow - can't wait!
snow report
Does anyone know what the extent of the Avoriaz ski pass area, versus the PDS pass area is? We have a half day before we leave Avoriaz and I'm thinking we might as well just get a local pass.
latest report
@Csb123, Avoriaz ski area: http://medias.morzine-avoriaz.com/images/info_pages/plan-des-pistes-avoriaz-877.pdf

Basically, Avoriaz (& Super Morzine), but not Morzine, Les Gets, or any other resort of the PdS. Plenty for half a day.
latest report
I saw that but assumed the map showed more than the local area. That's enough for a few days! Ta.
latest report
@Csb123, Admittedly it does show bits of chairlifts in other areas, but at least it shows a dotted red line 'avoriaz ski pass limit' making it slightly clearer that those lifts aren't actually available to you.

So, all the runs and lifts shown (except those excluded by dotted red lines) on that map are available to the Avoriaz pass.
snow report
@Csb123, if you’ve only got half a day then the local pass would be perfect. Just messing around Les Lindarets would take a few hours.
snow report
@Handy Turnip, depends how fast you are... lindarets is what? 3 chairs inc Brochaux?
latest report
Add in French Mossettes and Chaux Fleurie and it could fill half a day
snow report
Fair point @under a new name, does depend on how fast you ski.

I’m looking at Lindarets as a bowl so 4 blues, a red and the stash on the north facing slopes. A red and a blue around Chaux Fleurie, plus the long blue down to Ardent.

Plus a few runs off Mossettes which run back into the bowl.
latest report
Just seen your post @DJL, yes agreed, I was counting those runs as part of Les Lindarets bowl.
snow report
Get a 5hr Avoriaz pass - plenty to play on
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
On piste conditions were amazing this w/e, very smooth yet soft. Spent a fair bit of Sunday on Mt Chery and it was its usual quiet self.
Found lots of decent off-piste around Avoriaz on Saturday, some semi-tracked and some untouched, also had a great run down from Fornet into the Vallee de la Manche at the end of the day.
latest report
@doddsie, agreed re conditions. Just back from a cheeky weekend and I honestly think the snow on piste was the best I've ever skied on. Cracking weekend. First time in Avoriaz for us - we'll be back Toofy Grin
latest report
In Les gets this week, amazing conditions. Great afternoon with Pds academy.
snow conditions
They reopened the Pointe chairlift on Mt Chery - lovely Sat morning on both sides (whoever was on Moufflon Friday had snow AND blue sky though...). Excellent conditions on Chamossiere too. Another drop of snow today I guess (judging by what Geneva got), I'll get a report on Wednesday.
snow report
Just back from Les Gets, despite a mare at Geneva (Easyjet cancelling the last flight out due to the time 12:29 restriction imposed by GVA). Following the snow on Thursday I enjoyed some of the on-piste conditions that I've had for ages.

The drive to and from LG via the Taninges road was fine, there were still temporary lights (and\or a man with a lollipop stick) but this only added a few minutes delay, we did hit major traffic on Sunday evening, just before Annemasse but could detour around. In total, on Sunday evening it took 1hr 40 from LG to Geneva, leaving the resort at 17:20.
latest report
Conditions in Les Gets awesome just now. Mt Chery was lovely this am, walk to wall sun, squeaky snow. Had 2 great afternooons with Alex from PDS Academy- highly recommended. Snow forecast tomorrow so will see how it goes, quite quiet as well.
snow report
As @orange, says it is lovely here. We had an away week last week in La Chapelle d’Abondance using our season PDS passes at the other end. And very nice it was too! Great to be back in Les Gets now and we skied at Praz de Lys yesterday, cold on the Sommand side, but all pistes in great shape. The dog had to go and get her passport sorted this morning in Taninges and I visited a friend just out of hospital, so lunchtime by the time we went to Mt Chery, not busy and snow terrific. Last day here tomorrow before three weeks in the muddy UK.
ski holidays
Also posted in the solo skier section
---

Hello

I will be in the Porte du Soleil area for three weeks from Easter weekend (1st April onwards) with the family.

Safe conditions permitting, I'll be doing some easy tours in the area (e.g. Pointe Ratti and Tete de Bossetan).

If anyone would like to team up then that would be splendid. Please message me if interested.

Cheers
Simon
snow report
If you’re heading out for this week it’s boomer - about 4-5” of fresh this Am - first lift into the bowl in Les Gets and lots of nice fresh tracks on the paired runs. Off piste needs another 20cm top up. Place is loaded though with snow.
ski holidays
Hi All. New to this thread.
Advise needed:
Is there anywhere in or near Avoriaz that would do one night's accommodation for 6 people?
Why:
I'm thinking of returning to PDS in 2019 and have eyes set on Avoriaz, where we have not stayed before. We have previously (Morzine) booked an apartment for 1 week and then split the week between 6 husbands (boys group) at start of the week (4 nights) and then the boys return to the UK and the wives (girls group) arrive and stay at the end of the week (3 nights). We do this so that we can manage the UK childcare and keep costs down. In 2016 I managed to book Hotel Le Cret for one night at the start of our trip and an apartment for the remaining 7 days so each group got 4 days of skiing each. This year I managed somehow to find 8 consecutive days accommodation in Nendaz so neither group had to move.
So, if any of you know of anywhere that might do a one night stay in Avoriaz that would be awesome.
Unlikely I know .....
ski holidays
The wonderful Les Dromonts hotel in Avoriaz take bookings by the night apart from the high-season weeks. Have a healthy budget! Otherwise you'd better look in Les Prodains.
snow conditions
@shep, thank you. I will look at Dromonts. I looked at the hotel at Prodains but it asks for 3 nights minimum
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy