Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz/Chatel/Les Gets/Morzine 2017/2018

Poster: A snowHead
@dobby, great restaurants as well. We did the evening at La Grande Ourse last Wednesday, so magical. I love skiing that side but now we live almost at the bottom of the La Turche blue I don't get over as much as I can avoid the crowds for the first hour or so by leaving from my doorstep.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Dabber,
Yep, the off piste will be ruined by the rain all the way to the top of the PDS. Nice weather for Wednesday and Thursday. Can you extend your trip to Friday?It looks potentially snowy to lowish levels.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@zzz, cheers, unfortunately no chance of extending trip , seen Friday should be good 😎
But can’t complain as this is just a warm up before trip to canada’s famous powder highway 🇨🇦😊
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Avalanche risk is currently five all over the Chablais at all altitudes. I’ve never seen that here. Mind you, you’d have to be pretty hardy to go skiing on Monday, even if you could, looking at the forecast Shocked
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Curious to know which weather forecast to believe today - so in Avoriaz, is it raining (snow-forecast) or snowing (bergfex)??
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Apparently it's currently snowing in Ardent
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Currently snowing heavy in Avoriaz. Nothing open yet.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Tordi wrote:
Currently snowing heavy in Avoriaz. Nothing open yet.

Cheers guys, so that’s one-nil to Bergfex - hopefully it keeps snowing as the temps warm up through the day.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Was snowing at Pléney level. Headed to Mt Chéry but it’s closed and no sign when it’ll open. 4 man out of les Gets isn’t taking people yet so there’s a monster queue for the gondola. But we will get a good ski yet !
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@robauxgets, R'mize and Flambeau are open, last October my current favorite, L'as des Neiges was also open. Morzine will have l'Etale, Chamade and others open as well.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Avoriaz mostly closed today. It’s warm and wet snow. 5/5 avalanche risk.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
This weather had better start to settle - starting to get a little concerned with our upcoming trip in 12 days - 3 out of 5 of the group have never been before and so hope it won't mess up their holiday!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
if the temps stay where they are and higher for the next couple of days , and the freezing level is above the mountain tops , are we going to see a freeze thaw , or will things just stay soft to slushy all day , just unsure of how the snow is at low level resorts like morzine and les gets , if the avi levels stay at 5 , its going to be a no go on some of the higher spots i was looking at , so now not sure what skis to fetch with me , as only skiing for two days don't want to get it wrong Puzzled
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I’m sure the tops will be open over the next couple of days. The conditions in morzine are just a bit spring like. Nothing to worry about!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Next few days it’ll be clear skies with below freezing temps at night. The wet snow or rain soaked pistes will freeze so you’ll have spring like conditions - icy in the morning and some aspects softening during the day. Avalanche risk will lessen and upper pistes will open, but as has been said above the off piste will be mostly ruined and probably still pretty dangerous

This will hopefully be sorted by the forecasted falls to lower levels on Friday.
snow conditions
Have just read that the road is closed from Morgins down to Troistorrents on the Swiss side of the Pas de Morgins, you can drive to Morgins from Chatel but no further. The authorities are concerned about the possibility of landslides and have closed the road as a preventative measure. I read on one site that the road would be open tomorrow and on another that the road was closed until further notice. It's very, very wet out there!
latest report
paulmags wrote:
Was snowing at Pléney level. Headed to Mt Chéry but it’s closed and no sign when it’ll open. 4 man out of les Gets isn’t taking people yet so there’s a monster queue for the gondola. But we will get a good ski yet !

And.. we did have a good ski around Les Get area. Pretty damp at times but the pistes were nice and quiet !
snow report
We’re rather chuffed to be able to bring you the PROPOSED plan of action from the #Avoriaz lift operating company for tomorrow, Tuesday 23rd Jan following a security meeting this evening.

THE CURRENT SITUATION:
- Heavy snowfall overnight last night means trees across the area are laden with heavy, sticky snow, the extent of which is unprecedented. The risk of falling trees remains very high, though is easing because of the wind.
- Variations in temperatures over the last 24hrs mean the avalanche risk is once again raised to level 5 (extremely dangerous)
- It’s hoped the above situations will begin to ease tomorrow.

TOMORROW:
- Extensive avalanche blasting has taken place at both medium and low altitude but high altitude blasting was too dangerous today. This will take place first thing tomorrow morning using helicopters.
- The ski area will open gradually and in sectors tomorrow morning in the following order:

- Plateau, Super M, Stade and Tour
- Lindarets and links to Ardent (see below)
- Lac Intrets, Arare and Brochaux
- Further links announced depending on conditions

- Pistes in wooded areas remain dangerous. Runs will be cleared tomorrow morning in Prolays, Ardent, Chaux Fleurie and Lindarets in advance of the lifts opening. Be cautious at all times.

LIVE LIFT INFO can be found here - http://www.morzinesourcemagazine.com/lift-info/

#SkiSafe #LoveMorzine #Love
snow conditions
What was it like in morzine-les gets today?
snow report
Bloody lovely @dobby,
ski holidays
@Nadenoodlee, mega!
latest report
Heading out to Morzine tomorrow for a long weekend. Any advice? Thinking Les Gets / Mont Chery might be best bet for Friday and then suss it out for Sat / Sun or am I wrong?
snow report
It's beautiful and sunny here today, bring suncream.
latest report
Chucking it down on the South Coast. What is this "sunny" you speak of?
snow conditions
Quick tour up to 2100m this morning. As expected it was boiler plate all the way up, and to make it worse, corrugated boiler plate on the way down due to the rain channels.
@Dabber, I hope you didn’t bring those fat boys.
latest report
And it was beautifully sunny over on Mt Chery. Work being done to repair the Pointe lift so hopefully it will be back in action before too long. The top poma was in good use with a large queue forming when the ticket barrier broke down. The Chamois red back to the village very nice. Lievre not my cup of tea strangely today as it is normally my favourite after the Marmotte. Bouquetin looking interesting!

What a difference the sun makes to everything!
latest report
Pamski wrote:
And it was beautifully sunny over on Mt Chery. Work being done to repair the Pointe lift so hopefully it will be back in action before too long. The top poma was in good use with a large queue forming when the ticket barrier broke down. The Chamois red back to the village very nice. Lievre not my cup of tea strangely today as it is normally my favourite after the Marmotte. Bouquetin looking interesting!

What a difference the sun makes to everything!

Have the pisteurs attempted to repair the Boquetin yet since all the snow?
ski holidays
What's the snow condition like? Arrive tomorrow morning and looks like any predicted snow this week has disappeared!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cloud is gathering now in Morzine. We'll see!
snow report
It was raining in St Jean at 9 AM today, and the freezing limit was around 1300m.
ski holidays
@WindOfChange, there was a sprinkling of snow around 10 when we were on the Graydon chairlift.
The bottom of the run back to the base at SJD was very porridgey just before 12. About 4C in Les Gets now at around 1200, still loads of snow around here and the village.
snow report
@Pamski, Thanks for the update. I'll be in PLJ by 10 tomorrow Smile
Unfortunately some of us have to work during the week Sad
snow conditions
@WindOfChange, some of us used to work during the week too, well both of us, but there is light at the end of the tunnel, trouble is the legs are that bit older now!
latest report
@Pamski, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
@Pamski, Something wrong with your report on SJA I think...you didn't mention where you stopped for coffee!
ski holidays
@DJL, my apologies, top of the chairlift, Torchon!
snow conditions
@Pamski, One of my favourite spots in the PDS - they seem genuinely happy to see you which is rarer than it should be.
ski holidays
@DJL,
That’s because no-one skis in SJD! Very Happy

Skied the wall couloir today, absolutely lovely, and there is so much snow in there that the big rock has disappeared.
Then skied one of the couloirs above Les Crosets, absolutely horrible. Sun affected so refrozen crud!
Generally the snow on piste seems ok. There is some ok off piste skiing but obviously nothing you would call powder.
snow conditions
Mrs WoC just called from Lindarets to say that the conditions in Linga were excellent today.
ski holidays
@zzz, luckily i didn't , had two great days just bashing around the pistes , although did find some nice chalky off piste ( at least 400m ) under chaux du roses , best run was bashing down the la rosta black yesterday , and mt chery was worth the trip over too , as you say though no real off piste to be found , but a great base for the season , so enjoy everyone snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy