Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz/Chatel/Les Gets/Morzine 2017/2018

Poster: A snowHead
I think I've just found a way to get an early bird discount on a season pass, but ONLY IF YOU BUY YOUR SEASON PASS TODAY. See this thread:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=134268

I've bought two passes, but I'm not sure if it will work, so buyer beware!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@RetroBod, Your son should be able to be get into the Stash, most of the hardware ( boxes, splits, spines, rainbows, wall rides, picnic tables etc..) is semi permanent, some of the hits might not be fully developed, but there'll be enough for a jib session. Even if there is a rope over the main entrance, you can ride down in the off-piste between the Stash and the competition piste for about 100m, and join the Stash from the side. This side has some of the more gnarly kit ( high split box, big wall ride, big rainbow ), but it joins the main part just under the picnic tables.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Still snowing down here in Morzine. About 15cm in my drive overnight. Certainly the best start to December for a number of years.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
https://www.facebook.com/MorzineSnowReport/photos/a.434153806685194.1073741830.287958864638023/1203589473074953/?type=3&theater
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@zzz, Good news! I know it's early days but it's not too early to be excited
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
at least 25cm at 1600 this morning, hard to get going as it was so light, until the piste basher showed up and cut a track down to chavannes mid
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@langball, nice problem to have
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@alj, absolutely. Went for a little tour on Nyon. Through to the ground on the steeper stuff because it’s so light but ok where it is more shallow. They are in the process of bashing it all. Eg, the green path from Fys to Morzine is pisted and complete.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@zzz, stop tempting fate!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@zzz, stop tempting fate!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Avoriaz is looking amazing this morning on the webcam this morning......

https://www.skaping.com/avoriaz/pistes?archives=MTUxMjE5OTIwMA
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I really hope this is going to be a great start to the season after the last couple of years. No January trip for me to Avoriaz as the Mrs had her ACL surgery a couple of weeks ago after blowing her knee out above Plaine Dranse in Jan 2016 but I will hopefully be there in April (and possibly March ).

Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
To those able to get out on the piste and randonee in Avoriaz and Chatel today, have a great time (you lucky blighters!)
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@alj, echo those thoughts. While I am walking round West Wittering beach in a bit I shall think of all of you enjoying the snow. We don’t set off till next Sunday!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Pamski, 4th Jan for us for an extended stay in Chatel until then it's Hayling Island bit brrrr even here
ski holidays
Avoriaz today was one of the best days of the season....20eur. Waist deep at times if you went the wrong way.
Some people got a little tired towards the end.

EDIT Having calmed down and reviewed the footage, ankle deep is probably more accurate.
Not sure country music works as well with ski videos, but you get a good feel for the conditions at the moment....note I don't feature in these vids personally, it's better for everyone if I stay behind the camera.
In any case, these characters will no longer be a feature of this thread as they've defected to Grand Massif for the season.

http://youtube.com/v/la5NJZxaUII
latest report
The Pléney lift and Piste B will open this coming weekend! (9th and 10th December)
It'll be €6 for a return ticket or €12 for a day pass!

snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
And in Avoriaz this weekend........

ski holidays
And this weekend should be awesome with the snow that is forecast on Friday and Saturday
snow conditions
Les Gets open too this weekend....season passes are valid.
As it's only the Chavannes sector open I have a cunning plan....take the lift up to la Croix, snow-shoe or walk 15mins up to Ranfoilly, have the bowl to yourself, ski down to village, get back on the lift.
9am start, could be 20cm+ overnight by that point.
Quite possilbe to ski more powder days this season compared to last season, before this one even starts.

http://en.lesgets.com/organize-book/news/skiing-area-s-pre-opening.html
ski holidays
Thanks to the snowfalls during the past few weeks, and with the help of the snow cannons, Les Gets skiing area will partially open this weekend !

On Saturday 9th, Sunday 10th and Wednesday 13th December 2017, you will be able to ski on a part of Les Gets slopes ! Check below to know which ski slopes and lifts will be open !

LIFTS (9.00am - 4.00pm) :

Express des Chavannes chairlift
Les Chavannes cable car
La Croix chairlift
Mouille au Roy ski lift (en attente de confirmation)
La Boule de Gomme ski lift (en attente de confirmation)
Les Chavannes beginner carpet

SKI SLOPES :

Gentiane
Piste 64
Fougère
Stade de Carry

SPECIAL PRICES :

1 day Adult / Senior : 15€

1 day Child : 12€

Season ski passes will be already activated during these pre-openings.

TICKET OFFICES :

- Les Chavannes main ticket office (9.00 - 4.00pm)

- Automaton of the Tourist Office.

You can also buy or charge your ski pass online on www.lesgets.com/pass
latest report
langball wrote:

Quite possilbe to ski more powder days this season compared to last season, before this one even starts.

Personally, I have already done that😀
snow conditions
zzz wrote:
Personally, I have already done that😀

Tsch, show off

Cool
latest report
That’s more a reflection of last year wink
snow conditions
langball wrote:
Les Gets open too this weekend....season passes are valid.
As it's only the Chavannes sector open I have a cunning plan....take the lift up to la Croix, snow-shoe or walk 15mins up to Ranfoilly, have the bowl to yourself, ski down to village, get back on the lift.
9am start, could be 20cm+ overnight by that point.

http://en.lesgets.com/organize-book/news/skiing-area-s-pre-opening.html

Is it possible to ski back to the village from the bowl?
ski holidays
@globalbagtag.com, it's a bit of trek on a board, involves a short flat walk out of the bowl behind the nauchets lift. Then slide down the access path thru the forest that takes you towards the lake / school /QG bar.
Another option is to stay right on the descent and stop before getting into the base of the bowl (ie stay above the nauchets lift)....there's another road that involves a short up hill climb (10mins) and leads back to Chavannes mid station via the resevoir / indian village. This second option is only useful when lifts are closed. The first one is used all season though.

snow report
Does anyone know if season passes are valid for Avoriaz this w/e please?
snow report
Yep
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
zzz wrote:
Yep
Oh crap, no excuse then.... wink
ski holidays
hi

I was just wondering whether a pre xmas trip to morzine might work with all this new snow forecast (would make a nice change as our previous 2 pre xmas trips in 2015 and 2016 were very poor for snow-still had a good time in avoriaz though) and I was trying to work out the lift openings for week beginning 16/12/17. Morznet states morzine should be open from 16/12/17 and avoriaz from 15/12/17,however on line tickest sales start from 23/12? I assume this relates to opening of PDS links. Assuming snow availability does this mean all lifts in Morzine will be open from 16/12 i.e. will they all be open on mon 18 and tues 19 or is it likely to be a limited number of lifts, as this weekend ?

thanks
snow report
As I understand it the whole Morzine Les Gets area will be open from 16/12 onwards but possibly not Super Morzine until week after. Ticket sales will be at the base stations so they can tailor the pricing to match what is open.
latest report
@going downhill fast, there will be loads open and it will be very quiet. Not the full PdS but loads.

Even if it had of been snowing since June not all of the PdS will open on the 15th Dec. The resort has to agree contract start dates with workers, have navettes, refuse collection, fuel supplies, logistics in place.

They need pisters, lifties, mechanics, cleaners, helicopter pilots, etc etc etc so it's always a 'staggered' start and they can only open up a certain amount if they have brill snow before then.
Avoriaz opened last weekend as a pre-start thingy and is opening again this weekend the same. Morzine is opening a little bit this weekend too and will probably continue to open weekends before their season starts proper.
As @KennyEverett, says the lift pass price will reflect whats open.
Twitter and facebook told me today that themountainlodgeco have a fab deal on £179 19th to 22nd Dec
Also reach4thealps and ridersrefuge doing amazing deals
plus check out jollygoodholidays and Apexmorzine all giveaway prices pre chrimbo

https://www.facebook.com/The-Mountain-Lodge-Company-144049455695274/?hc_ref=ARRkduanuGDQwEEPFzrtSwbds7RSDixjv3PRWPbWJL_4brksFgOphMm-4JM564KUCnA&fref=nf

to Answer your question Lift will deffo be open in Avoriaz 15th dec through until 21st April but not 100% about Morzine (Maybe Morzine might open 15/16/17 Dec and close again Mon 18th to Thurs 21st

It's due to get a meter of snow over the next week to add to the brill snow they have already had
snow report
Presumably the route to Avoriaz from Morzine during the week of the 16th will be via bus to either Ardent or Prodains? Is there any way of finding out if these will be open? I fancy a few days in Morzine but not if I can’t get up to Avoriaz!
snow conditions
https://www.morznet.com/lifts/dates

Fairly concise.
ski holidays
Ta
latest report
We've never tried to *walk* out of the bowl but it's good to know it's a viable option and does not require going all the way up the top of Nauchets.
snow conditions
So whose been childish on the Les Gets ice rink tonight......

http://m.webcam-hd.com/lesgets/les_gets_centre-village

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
We had an e mail this evening from Cedric who clears our drive and the road outside the chalet saying that there had been a fresh 15 cms earlier in the day and he saw a 4x4 coming down the road out of control, must have crossed over as it took out the large wooden post with our post box sitting on top of it.
Apparently it has been put up by our front door with a note from the driver. Hope so! Something for us to sort out when we get there Monday afternoon.
snow conditions
@Pamski, that’ll be M+S tyres then. How annoying!
snow report
Given Chatel’s partial opening does anyone know if the free shuttle bus service will be running ?
I am particularly thinking of next weekend (16/17) .
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy