Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz/Chatel/Les Gets/Morzine 2017/2018

Poster: A snowHead
Time for a new season PDS thread. I'm back again in Jan, so any natives/seasonaires please keep us updated with weather/resort reports pleesum! Doesn't look like there is much 'new' in terms of lifts this season, with the exception being the new Ranfolly chair in Les Gets, which has been upgraded from a 4-man to a 6-man high speed job.

https://alpine-lodges.co.uk/les-gets-update-new-winter-1718/

Looks like the lift company will be offering early bird discount again too, with 15% off if you book direct before end of Sept (according the Avoriaz website), but they aren't available to book yet. Fingers crossed for a snowier season than last year.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The new Ranfolly lift should make a big difference, it's always a bottleneck there.
They are also doing free pds season passes for kids, when you buy adult passes, which is a huge bonus for me.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Does the FREE pass include season ones ?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
PDS YOUNG PERSON’S PASS

For those of you aged 26 and under on 30th November 2017, your season pass will cost just €370 (or 400CHF) this winter. You must buy your pass online before 30th November, they’ll be available from the beginning of August on the PDS website.

This ridiculously cheap season pass is likely to be a huge win with seasonaires heading to Morzine, Les Gets or Avoriaz this winter. Similarly, if you enjoy multiple ski holidays in the area each winter and are used to paying between €230 for 6 days on a youth pass or €255 for 6 days on an adult pass, you’ll save big time when you buy the Young Persons’ Pass.

SAVING: €460*

*Based on the official PDS season pass prices for youths in Winter 16/17

PDS CHILDREN’S PASS

Children under the age of 10 years enjoy a FREE PDS season pass with the purchase of one adult season PDS pass during the Winter 17/18 season. Yes, you read that correctly. You must buy your passes on the PDS website before 30th November and your child must be under the age of 10 on this day to get a free pass.

SAVING: €692*

*Based on the official PDS season pass prices for children in Winter 16/17
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The La Follieuse lift out of Morgin to the swiss side was closed during the summer months when it should have been open. This lift is planned to be replaced, but last I heard there are problems with funding. Does anybody know if they are going to be able to open the existing one for this winter or if the replacement is being constructed?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@PDSB11, there's a thread on Telemorgins elsewhere... may be a better place to ask... decision expected shortly (or recently) I understand
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There is some posts on here towards the end relating to Morgins. https://www.remontees-mecaniques.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=5883&st=1160 Doesn't look promising. On the plus side, Chatel appear to be updating things on the Torgon side.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Random question about getting to Avoriaz (and probably a bit stupid!). If you buy a 6 day ski pass, which on a normal sat-sat holiday you'd use for the first time on the Sunday - however if I need to use the Prodain lift on the Saturday to actually get to the resort does that mean I'll trigger the lift pass a day early?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@PDSB11,

Telemorgins demise..

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=132785
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I shall be checking this thread too often over the course of the season. Hoping for 3x1week jaunts in 17/18. Came back after 3 1/2 glorious August weeks in the PDS. Now for the snow.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've been looking out for the lift passes becoming available. If anyone else is as keen as me, you can now buy passes of more than 5 days with 15% off before the end of Sept...

http://www.skipass-avoriaz.com/en/portes-du-soleil
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Cheers @Tordi, just taken a look and seen the 'Free kids Easter' promotion! Very nice!!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
well that's the base sorted down to 1600

snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
WindOfChange wrote:
Does the FREE pass include season ones ?

Adult non-resident and resident season passes now available on the PDS website, but not discounted Mad
Shorter ski passes - max discount if booked before 30 Sept.

Why discount one, but not the other?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
A quick Q regarding lift passes for PDS. We're looking to get a few 6 day passes for the family (6 adults) who are going out. We have several under 1 yr olds coming, hence child care is a consideration.

We were thinking of taking a day off each to look after kids. If we get 5 lift passes could we transfer these amongst ourselves over the week?

Essentially are 6 day lift passes identifiable to the person who buys them or is this ever actually checked?

Thanks
snow report
No. They are nominally non transferable but the only passes that have photo ID are season passes.

Andy
snow report
Handy Turnip wrote:
Random question about getting to Avoriaz (and probably a bit stupid!). If you buy a 6 day ski pass, which on a normal sat-sat holiday you'd use for the first time on the Sunday - however if I need to use the Prodain lift on the Saturday to actually get to the resort does that mean I'll trigger the lift pass a day early?

Worst case you just buy a pedestrian passes to get you up/down at either end of the week. Can't find the price online but something like Euro3.50 I think.
ski holidays
Quote:

No. They are nominally non transferable but the only passes that have photo ID are season passes.

Nope. We just bought two 10 day passes, and these required photos.
ski holidays
Mjit wrote:
Handy Turnip wrote:

Worst case you just buy a pedestrian passes to get you up/down at either end of the week. Can't find the price online but something like Euro3.50 I think.

Cheers, I was starting to think along those lines myself
snow report
A dusting of snow in Avoriaz

http://www.avoriaz.com/en/discovering/interactive-tour/webcams
snow conditions
Way to early to get excited but........

http://mintsnowboarding.com/blog/september-snow-avoriaz/

snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report
Back to the Foilleuse / Morgins issue. I asked in the Tourist Office in Champery just now. Officially there is no update i.e.they still await funding for repairs to Foilleuse lift. However, the lady in TO heard unofficially that there is some work going on to repair it at the moment. It will not be replaced this year as now not enough time. Just repairs to meet safety standards but in the medium / long term plan is to replace with "eggs". This will enable access up and down if snow is poor and in summer for pedestrians and bikers. If the repairs aren't done they may not piste the runs down as too expensive. So circuit will be broken in both directions for 17/18 season.

The Corbeau lift is still working and for the moment is OK (though seems to me it's due for replacement). Also I noticed on a walk that the lake by the Ripaille drags /Marmotte & Le Toupin restaurants is being enlarged, gouges by the side of the blue Lechereuse slope with pipes being laid. TO lady said that this is part of the water conservation project which will improve snowmaking in that area.
ski holidays
We're looking to spend eight weeks in Chapelle or Chatel, 13 Jan to 10 March 2018. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where we could look for an apartment to rent for that period?
latest report
Looks like Morgins lift will be operating this winter Smile

http://www.chatelweb.com/chatel_snow_report.php
snow report
In other lift news, wandered up to Ranfolly yesterday and took some pics of the progress. Also noticed they've taken down the Mouille aux Chats lift. Shame if they don't replace it...even tho it was incredibly slow (never any queues), it took you straight to the best off piste area in the bowl. Maybe the new 6 man Ranfolly is replacing the old 4 man and the 3 man Mouille aux Chats? Other pic's on snowmdeiazone link.

ski holidays
@langball, I read somewhere, but I can't remember where, that the take off point for the new Ranfoilly lift is to be further forward, to leave more room for people heading to the Nauchets lift. Likewise the take off for the Mouille aux Chats would be moved forward. We used it a lot, when it was running.
latest report
Lots of pictures of the construction of the Ranfoilly Lift here
https://www.passionportesdusoleil.com/chantiers/2017-tsd6-ranfoilly/

The Les Gets council voted 10-2 in favour of dismantling the Mouille aux Chats lift on 24th July
Link to their minutes of the meeting here
http://www.lesgets-mairie.eu/content/download/7609/50838/file/Conseil%20Municipal%20du%2024%20Juillet%202017.pdf
ski holidays
[quote="Handy Turnip"]Random question about getting to Avoriaz (and probably a bit stupid!). If you buy a 6 day ski pass, which on a normal sat-sat holiday you'd use for the first time on the Sunday - however if I need to use the Prodain lift on the Saturday to actually get to the resort does that mean I'll trigger the lift pass a day early?[/quote
we did the same but already had our passes booked but in avoriaz..we showed them the paperwork and they werent bothered!! love avoriaz just take loads of money!! ] rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cheers@pinkcowprint, that's seems the common sense approach. I'll give that a go, if we have to buy a one off pedestrian pass then so be it
snow report
yeh they are reallt helpful...theres a great little bar just a bit down from the lift.. ant think of name but it had bbqs and fun nights all english staff. we went down a few times using the gondola..
snow report
Couple of pictures from the top of the Pleney where they've widened the beginners area.

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/21687979_1482519958509456_7402864573867176690_n.jpg?oh=cf4894f092915c1085e12695e798794e&oe=5A490F16

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/21768223_1482519955176123_2794391627992623076_n.jpg?oh=50afb3be7438edf3aa4de3dc7761bb4b&oe=5A39D097
snow report
I've just been trying to check the bonus points on my PDS pass that I've built up over the last few years.
The website keeps telling me that I'm entering an incorrect number, which I know I am not as I'm copying and pasting it.
Can bonus points not be used with the 15% early booking discount? Can anybody shed any light on this, please?
snow conditions
@Ukformula, as far as I'm aware the only way to use bonus points is to get a free PDS day pass when you have accumulated 200.
ski holidays
@Ukformula, I don't think you can use them in advance and in addition to any discounts. The best I get probably us to get your pass for however many days you need, minus one if you have at least 200 points, or minus two days if you have more than 400 etc, and then after the days you have clicked up in your pass have been used the ticket office will give you a PDS pass.

We often have friends to stay in Les Gets who have got more than 200 points accrued and only want to ski LG/Morzine (for social, dog or baby sitting purposes) but get given a full PDS day pass rather than a local one. That is the deal.
snow report
One further point - you can only use points accrued online for an online free day and points accrued at ticket offices at the ticket office. Odd but that's how it seems to go!
ski holidays
DJL wrote:
. Odd but that's how it seems to go!
That would explain it. Could never understand why the on line system didn't match what was on the pass when I asked at the ticket office
snow report
Thanks for the replies, makes sense. I'll do it that way.
Cheers
ski holidays
We are in Les Gets for a quick little visit at the beginning of November. Does anyone know if any restaurants at all are open in PDS in the inter season period?
latest report
There's some open in Morzine, not sure about Les Gets. They post a list every week in the window of the tourist office.
ski holidays
@robauxgets, The R'Mize is open most of the time, and the TO will have a list of what is open.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy