Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Do ski boots fit in typical snowboard bag?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Because Ryanair won't accept skis and ski boots in separate bags without paying twice, I need to find a bigger ski bag that will fit ski boots as well. I saw a cheap snowboard bag online which appears long enough to fit my skis and wide enough to fit my boots but I have no information on depth. What are the chances it will take both my skis and my boots?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I use race boots (hard boots), and they fit in all DaKine, Burton, and SportTube bags just fine and dandy. And I've used both RyanAir and the other one many times without hassle, other than their charges of course.

The chances then are excellent, I'd say.

Note that snowboard bags (like ski bags...) use the boards for structure, so you may need to think about how you distribute your skis to achieve that. Most bags have sections specifically for your boots and they're big enough for race snowboard boots which are the same size as big ski boots.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you're going to be buying a new bag and this is something you might do regularly then it's worth just getting a ski bag with a compartment for boots. Something like the Dakine Fall Line works well for this.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I use a K2 wheeled ski bag I think it's their biggest. I take bindings off skis and then put front of skis in one boot and tail in the other, bit of pushing and pulling to do up zips and nicely protected skis. No problems with easyjet yet.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Boots in suitcase / hold all?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have a Burton Wheelie Locker. It can take a board, a pair of (girls') skis and two pairs of boots.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Decathlon did a great snowboard bag that we have used for 2 pairs of skis/poles and 1 pair of boots. It's not currently on the website but might be a bit early in the season.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I put my boots in my carry on. Has the advantage that if my bag goes missing I still have my own boots Smile
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@chomski, ] Yup, a lot of board bags can fit with ski boots too, just watch the overall weight Confused
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for the tips.

Ryanair allow a total of 20kg for ski equipment (for which they charge £80!). My boots and skis weigh about 12kg. My plan is to take a cabin bag for normal travelling stuff and to put skis and boots in the hold in a single bag stuffed with the rest of my ski stuff, helmet, goggles, trousers, socks etc.

Being something of skinflint I'm reluctant to splash out on designer stuff. Hence my interest in a cheap snowboard bag. But happy enough to get a purpose made ski bag if I can find a second hand one.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy