Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TNF or SnoKart Roller

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
OK

So i know there are other brands out there and feel free to mention them, however I'm looking for a CABIN SIZED roller - mainly to pop my ski boots and a few bits in normally but also use for short break on other occasions.

In the past i have sworn by the Lange / Rossi carry on bag, but its time for a multi use upgrade.

Soooo anyone have any experience of the:

SnoKart Kabin roller
TNF Rolling Thunder 19inch
TNF Rolling Thunder 22inch

I love my TNF Duffels, super strong so leaning towards the TNF roller, but any info gratefully received.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've been using a North Face roller as my cabin luggage for 5+ years now very happy with it no issues at all. Think it must be what they made before the rolling thunder as can't see mine on their site anymore.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Daishan, Ace Happy - Yes I think the rolling thunder is the newer range - Cant fault my various duffles, super tough
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I bought a snokart roller and it weighed a ton and was nothing special - I sent it back - I would buy a light cabin bag and spend the savings on a good bottle of wine, I think you will get far more pleasure from it.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well thats 2-0 for the TNF

@Charliee, Regards light cabin bag, Id be game if someone could provide me with a cheap price bag, but with the durability of the TNF - I've bought cheap cabin bags before and they fall apart after a few uses Sad
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@PaulC1984, just a little nugget that I benefited from when I bought my most recent piece of TNF luggage ( which is bloody awesome btw ) but bigger than cabin size ! Cotswold Outdoor, who are a superb retailer,( if a little expensive ), do an Internet price match, if you find the same model, in stock, cheaper somewhere else.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Timberwolf, Happy days, thank you.

Luckily I live close to a TNF outlet store so could pick one up for circa £100, so same price as the SnoKart
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
PaulC1984 wrote:
@Timberwolf, Happy days, thank you.

Luckily I live close to a TNF outlet store so could pick one up for circa £100, so same price as the SnoKart

Hmmmm,maybe I need to tap you up then, I do need something carry on size wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Timberwolf, Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I bought a Samsonite Spark. Took my Ski boots into Frasers to test the bags. IE I ca use as a business bag AND a ski boot bag. Now upgraded to a Hartman 7R Happy but not for boots so on the lookout myself. The Lowe alpine carry on looks good.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@GlasgowCyclops, this the one your on about? https://www.gaynors.co.uk/equipment/rucksacks/luggage/dp-105530/at-roll-on-40
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
PaulC1984 wrote:
@GlasgowCyclops, this the one your on about? https://www.gaynors.co.uk/equipment/rucksacks/luggage/dp-105530/at-roll-on-40

Yep, had a look at it in Tiso and it seems like a nice bag. My only complaint with these "rugged rollers" is the small wheels. It means the bottom of the bag trails on the snow.

So the built in harness is handy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
OK so just a little update on this should anyone be interested in the future.

In short:

SnoHart - Didn't go with this in the end, didn't look as robust as TNF
TNF Rolling Thunder 22" - Got the old tape measure out and with wheels and handle its 60cm look so whilst you may get away with it on BA, Sleezy Jet are bound to pull you
TNF Rolling Thunder 19" - Frustrates me this one does. Great quality, really robust, great wheels, No frills so light weight but enough pockets externally for travel docs etc, BUT if you are wanting to use it for your ski boots (which I do) and your sole length is longer than 298mm they won't both fit it. Luckily for me I have midget 298 sole, so they fit snugly in.

Just wish they did a TNF 20 inch (we all want an extra inch right???!!) and made it a tad wider for those with transvestite feet.

So in short I'm very happy with the 19'', great quality, light and fits in what I need, but for those with bigger tootsies, this bag aint for you Toofy Grin
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy