Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

partially sighted walker

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Dear members. A long shot can anyone recommend a Ski in/out resort in France or Switzerland ( we drive over ) conveniently located with accommodation near a lake (other than Lake Tueda in Meribel -Mottaret ) for my partially sighted Father to walk round ? A walking route round a lake, with a clear start and finish, in a circular manner was pretty fail safe for him not to get lost and me not to worry. Thanks in advance. Lisa Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I guess you mean a frozen lake because it will be hard to find ski in/out by an unfrozen lake.
We stayed in Arosa, lovely Swiss village, they do horse racing on the lake and you can walk round the track when not in use!
The only thing is it's hard to find accommodation, I think it's mostly locals and posh hotels.

My visually impaired daughter loved it there, she does ski and they have a lot of good walking on the mountain as well as some fab toboggan runs! Good luck.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Would you consider Italy? If so, Alleghe might work. The walk around the lake is three miles.
If you stay at the Sport Hotel (see last seasons Pre BB thread) you step out of the ski store straight onto the lake side. The hotel shuttles skiers to the lifts or there's a bus service up to the Marmalada for access to the Sella Ronda. Not ski in/ski out though. snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks all , sorry for late reply to your posts , was struggling to log on and expected my phone to alert me that I have replies .
Yes I did mean frozen lake .
Thanks to both of for replies , I'll take a look at your suggestions .
I think it will be hard to accommodate us skiers and non skier alike , keeping the safety of my Dad in mind .
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy