Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Single rooms.

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone know where I can get information on resorts that offer single occupancy rooms? Just in case the worse happens and I can't find a group for the dates that I'm tied to.
Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Andy2809, easy enough in Austria. What are your dates?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi, thanks for your reply.
My dates would be from the 24/25th March for a week.
Thanks
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Any inforxwould be greatly appreciated
Cheers
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Andy2809, well you could stay at fellow snowHead flangesax's place in Radstadt: http://www.austrian-adventures.com/ - highly recommended! snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Some youth hostels offer single rooms (HI hostels in Switzerland), as well as dorm rooms. Some can be bargains, others not so. Italy and Austria offer the most single friendly accomodation, through tour operators at least.

I think all resorts offer single occupancy rooms. However, sometimes you have to book them as a double occupancy, and then one of you drop out (probably not you). This might be more expensive though....

Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Les Chardons in Val d'Isere with YSE has a few single rooms at no supplement.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Andy2809, another idea would be to book an apartment. There are masses available, everywhere, sleeping from 2 people upwards. Then you could take some friends if it works out that way. You pay for the apartment, regardless of the occupancy. And it's likely to work out cheaper than a hotel room in many cases. You then also have flexibility to eat in or sample a range of restaurants. Far better than being in a hotel and infinitely more choice.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Andy2809, I would just pick a place you want to go to and look on Booking.com. I have had a single room in Zell am See, other SHs had them in Altenmarkt at the Rosner, but you have to have a car or get the the ski bus. Any hotel will offer a double for single occupancy but likely at a supplement. It is Easter week and a lot in Flachau area already booked.

This one is very nice...opposite my place https://www.bergdiamant.at/en/preise/zimmerpreise/ it has single rooms in the basement and a supplement of only €15 per night for a double for single occupancy

This one has a double apartment at €138 per night (€69pp) http://www.kastner-sport-app.at/de/kastner/preise.html
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
OK brilliant thanks.
I'm still hopeful of finding a group for those dates to join tho,but I'll have a look.thank you
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It depends where you want to go ...I have skied France Italy and Austria over the last 15 years ,many times finding a single room..Look on somewhere like Trip Advisor for a hotel in the resort you want to go to , find a few in your price range and go to the hotels website .. I am sure you will find that many of them offer single rooms . In Italy now is about the time the locals start booking and the hotels dont release all their rooms until now
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Any suggestion on where it would be easy to meet a few people to have a beer with of a night? Never done solo before so a little apprehensive, but no way I'm missing a season
Cheers
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I found Sauze d'oulx very sociable when I was 33 as a single. I think it really depends on your age, as drinking buddies tend to be similar ages....

Having said that, the people I met in Sauze were older, and younger by 10 year margins. The 16 year old girls next door to me in the hotel, were not my drinking buddies!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ha ha funnily enough I went to sauze in Feb and loved it.and the first place I thought of was there. Stayed in the Derby.was brill
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Andy2809, I have stayed in single rooms for the past 3 years in Saalbach

If Saalbach is of interest to you, then I can recommend this place I stayed last year, it is available for your dates @ €441

Hotel Siegmundshof

http://saalbach-hinterglemm.net/en/our-house/new-rooms.html

Recently refurbished, 5 mins walk to schattberg gondola and the bottom of the town, 10 mins to centre of the town

I always find my rooms through Saalbach.com, click on the 'accommodation ' and put in your dates and away you go
ski holidays
Quote:

Any suggestion on where it would be easy to meet a few people to have a beer with of a night?

Stay at one of the UCPA centres, book through Action Outdoors. All-inclusive prices, good food, lessons up to high level - including off piste if you want - in-house bar, very sociable. And unbeatable prices.
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
Quote:

Any suggestion on where it would be easy to meet a few people to have a beer with of a night?

Stay at one of the UCPA centres, book through Action Outdoors. All-inclusive prices, good food, lessons up to high level - including off piste if you want - in-house bar, very sociable. And unbeatable prices.

This.
latest report
Andy2809 wrote:
Thanks

Just pick a few locations and the itinerary for flights use hotels.com or booking.com. Then get flight and either car or transfer.

I'm doing this in Italy in Feb-march
latest report
Andy2809 wrote:
Any suggestion on where it would be easy to meet a few people to have a beer with of a night? Never done solo before so a little apprehensive, but no way I'm missing a season
Cheers

A snowheads bash is your friend here if you can change your dates.
latest report
@Andy2809, We may have a spare bedroom. Contact me nearer the time if interested. At that time of the season you shouldn't have a problem finding a billet somewhere here.
ski holidays
@Andy2809,

What are your dates?
snow conditions
@tatmans tours.
Where is it you're off to?
Cheers
ski holidays
@Andy2809, Not "off to" anywhere. I live in Saalbach. See the link below.
ski holidays
@Andy2809,

What are your dates?
snow conditions
Ah right OK brilliant I'll be sure to enquire nearer the time.
Thank you
snow conditions
Andy2809 wrote:
Thanks
snow conditions
Your dates are late for some areas. I would say you are better to go to a higher resort. Austria is easier to get single rooms but lots if resorts are pretty low.
I can personally recommend UCPA. They offer great deals in higher French resort's. You share rooms with others. If you book through action outdoors you will be roomed with English speakers. It's. Dry social with ski lessons included and big cheap bars in each centre.
You could try booking a single package with likes of Crystal but they get booked up quickly.
Chalets are also a good option as you are joining a group and eating with them every night. But some have single supplements.
It's a shame your dates don't coincide with a snowheads bash as they are very social groups of over 100 fellow snow lovers.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy