Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Finding bindings for skis which already have a track fitted

Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I am a new user and I have been skiing for about 7 years now.

Anyway I recently found a decent pair of skis for my partner and son. The problem is that both of the skis already have the track fitted to them and I am trying to find bindings which will slide into the track system.

The skis are :

Salmon origin lagoon which have the smartrack rail fitted. I have seen that the l9 b80 bindings have come these in the past and now it's the salmon Z10 ti which seems to be recommended. My question is that will the Z10 fit on the skis without taking the smartrack rail off ? Or would I need to look at another smartrack compatible binding ?

K2 indy skis with the k2 junior track fitted. The same question here really. The track is glued onto the ski and again I don't want to remove it but is there a pair of bindings which will slide into the track for a junior ? I have a pair of marker 7 free junior bindings but they cannot mount or slide into the track and do not fit, so without removing the track from the ski I can't mount them.

Tia
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would remove the track and start again - finding a system binding from the past will be a nightmare.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
WTF does the vendor not have the original bindings that fitted the track? Or by found do you mean in a skip or car boot sale?

Remove the tracks if you can or junk the skis and start again.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Splinkio, sounds very strange that the bindings have gone, but track is left. No-one can do anything with the removed pieces without the track?

Anyway, for the Indy skis the bindings will be Fastrak 4.5 or 7.0. You can probably google the ski and see which binding came with them. You'll have difficulty finding some Fastrak 7.0 (I was looking for some). I think the only reason to try and stick with the Fastrak binding is it's probably better to sell them on, as its adjustable to whoever buys them. If the skis are already second hand with minimal resale valued I'd remove the track and install the bindings you have.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I would have thought any 'smartrak' binding would fit the Salomons (Just assuming the track is the same for all Smartrak bindings). You need the advice of an expert...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for all the info.

I think think the Z10 ti bindings will fit the smartrack system on the salmon skis so I will give these a go.

On the indy skis the track system is a K2 one and I have not heard of a K2 track system because I dont think K2 make bindings for skis anymore. These skis were new from 2016 from Snow+Rock which had a closing down sale. But the bindings were not available at the time (due to stock from the store) and the track system was already fitted. They were all pre-packaged and never used.

I have 2 pairs of the Marker 7 free but these dont work for Junior bindings so I will see if I can get some Fastrack ones.

I am off to Val Thorens in December and this is their first time skiing so it should be a good experience.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Splinkio, if I were you I'd buy the Indy skis in the next size up (10cm) larger with Fastrak 7.0 bindings, then you can use them on the smaller skis this season and the larger one next and/or after that.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have got the 136 indys which should be ok for this year and next year. I managed to source a set of fastrack 4.5 bindings too so I will see what happens when they arrive. If this fails, then out comes the heatgun and screwdrivers, chisel and hammer Smile
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi can someone help me please i was given a brand new set of nordica gt 74s skis with no bindings they have a track fitted but need marker tp2 compact 10 fdt bindings to fit but can't find any anyone know if there is a substitute binding that will fit this ski please help
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi can someone help me please i was given a brand new set of nordica gt 74s skis with no bindings they have a track fitted but need marker tp2 compact 10 fdt bindings to fit but can't find any anyone know if there is a substitute binding that will fit this ski please help
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Crumboy23 wrote:

I've got Marker Squire 11 TCX/FDT 90mm bindings in stock that use the same rail but are a higher spec binding.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Would any bindings fit then doesn't have to be the one I said then thanks matt
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Crumboy23 wrote:
Would any bindings fit then doesn't have to be the one I said then thanks matt

The only bindings that'll fit are the Marker TCX/FDT Demo range, the lower range being the Compact, the mid range is the Squire and the top range is the Griffon.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
So I'm looking for marker tcx/ fdt demo range Squire or griffon
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Crumboy23 wrote:
So I'm looking for marker tcx/ fdt demo range Squire or griffon

Yes, but you've already got the rails attached to the ski so you only need the upper toes, upper heels & the brakes. That'd be a special order from Marker as they usually only come with the rails. But I have them as separates.
snow conditions
Whats your prices on them mate
latest report
Crumboy23 wrote:
Whats your prices on them mate

Email me your shipping address to jon @ thepisteoffice.com and I'll send you a quote.
latest report
Sent thanks matt
latest report
Hi guys me again I'm new to all this forum I gave it a go with no hope but this man is a legend o@ thepisteoffice.com new what he was talking about went out of he's way to help me so please guys you need anything he will help you what a great man and a great company thanks Jon
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy