Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

##SOLD## Scott Black Majic 177cm with Marker Squire bindings (used)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
##These are now SOLD##
Having invoked the n+1 rule too often this summer I have decided to sell my Black Majics...

Originally purchased new in April 2016 they have done 5 weeks in the mountains plus use indoors over the summer months. The bindings were new with the skis. The skis have been kept sharp and waxed by hand and have had just one shop service (from Ski Bartlett) which was in April this year. There is still plenty of base structure visible, and plenty of edge left. There has been the normal sort of wear and tear for a pair with this level of use, so there are a number of ptex repairs - but no core shots. The top sheet has numerous scratches, scuffs and marks as you might expect.

Technically the skis are 78mm underfoot, 177cm long (with generous tip rocker, meaning they ski much shorter - probably more like a 165cm ski) and Scott's 3D sidecut. The edge angles are set to 1 degree base and 87 degree side.
The bindings are Marker Squire in black with DIN adjustable from 3 - 11, they are mounted for a 299mm BSL

The skis will be supplied hand sharpened and waxed with Dominator Zoom + Zardoz

I'm looking for 160 quid for the skis, including the bindings, and they can be collected from my home in West London / Middlesex, shipped in the UK at your cost, or possibly handed over at Hemel (sadly not at Oktobertest though).

The more astute observers may have noticed that I've posted a few times about these skis at various stages over the winter. My considered opinion now is that they are versatile, easy to ski, forgiving skis. Although marketed by Scott as Piste Performance skis they are fairly wide for that classification and I've found they work acceptably across a range of conditions from hardpack to foot deep fresh snow. They are at their best (IMO) when theres a little bit of soft / loose snow around - a chopped up home run, or spring conditions, but they also like carving on hardpack. I fell a little bit out of love with them in January trying to do a technical training week on them - where they weren't really the right tool for the job - but fell right back in love with them on my family holiday in March and on the PreEoSB / EoSB. If you want a technical ski for high speed skiing and stiff enough to grip on bullet ice - these aren't for you, but if you want a confidence inspiring, fun, relatively lightweight ski that performs well in lots of conditions they might be right up your street.

There are plenty of glowing reviews online, so others seem to like them. They are (apparently) very similar to the Blizzard Latigo, so if you like them you'll probably like these.

When I told the guy in my local ski shop I was going to sell them he said "Why? Those are great skis!". So why am I selling them? - well I bought some stiffer, more technical skis for instructor training, and was going to keep the Black Majics for indoors and sort-of-all-mountain. But then I got tempted into some shorter slalom skis for indoors, and managed to get my hands on a pair of Brahmas for all mountain. So they don't really fit my quiver, being half-way between the piste performance and all mountain skis.

Photo montage below - happy to send the high-res images by email.

PM me if you're interested

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 31-08-17 20:49; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
£160 with bindings is a steal.
ski holidays     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I loved mine. I find them really enjoyable to ski. Perhaps not technically 'the best' at anything, but just really fun to ski.
ski holidays     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've had a few questions from various folks, so heres a bit of an FAQ...
Are they mens skis? Mens/unisex yes
How tall / heavy are you? I'm 180cm and 80kg
Are the tails flat or are they twin tips? The tails are flat (virtually), only the tips are rockered
How much adjustment for BSL is there? Measuring from the position for my boot (298mm) there is 8mm forward movement and 14mm backward movement - so the range is approximately 290-312mm. That is assuming my measurements are accurate and by boots really are the length stamped on them(!) If you're near the middle of that range you should be okay, near the ends maybe you will be lucky.
ski holidays     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Tubaski, if I hadn't bought my volkl race Tigers I would be right in there but not sure I need them in my quiver really
snow report     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Kamikaze Pete you always need another ski in your quiver. See Rule 3.
ski holidays     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Tubaski, Having checked these out I am still interested - despite my intitial misidentification when we discussed them at Hemel. Was going to mention it last night but forgot. When u next up at the Mt? PM me.
ski holidays     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy