Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Year Trip for a week

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Who fancies a new year week?

Looking at flying out to Europe 31/12 for a week.

Advanced skier, 33yo, not right in the head. Mainly piste charger, although love a bit of softer off piste (with a guide).

Easy going with where to go but thinking of:

Obergurgl
Sass Fee
Cervinia

Etc
Etc
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You should change the week and get to St Anton on Jan 27th myself and a couple of other snowheads will be in the area.

Swap your question to something like a four day trip in between Xmas and new year and i might be tempted.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Matrski, sadly bud I'm away over Crimbo, and away 27th for a week skiing.

I just happen to be dropping friends off at the air port on 31st Dec and have a free week - got to get a fifth week in right?! Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You won't get them in the car with all your skiing gear in it Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Matrski, haha your not wrong!! And you invited my along in the Venga Bus - where was all my kit going to fit Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
OK so as an update, having a think about Skiing in the Aosta Valley for this trip. Quite fancy basing myself in Aosta, having a hire car and doing a day or 2 in Pila, Courmayeur, La Rosière, a day up in Cervinia etc and possibly discover some other little gems along the way.

Couple of really cheap hotels knocking around in Aosta, car hire is £150ish, and lift pass at £248 covers all the ski areas. ATM its coming in at £770 for me on my lonesome, flights, passes, car hire, B&B for 2 people it would work out circa £645, and so on.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hello Paul,
I'm getting some people together for Tignes New year's eve week this year. We'll be staying at the UCPA there, everything all in comes in at £761 if you book before 31 Oct! This includes full board, 6.5 days Espace killy lift pass that cover Val d'Isere too, 6.5 days ski/board, boot, pole hire and half time instruction. Their equipment tends to be so good I don't bother lugging my skis.. plus, if snow cover isn't great I don't have to worry about wrecking my own stuff. We book via action outdoors and our group can be found here: www.action-outdoors.co.uk/holiday/cart?GroupRef=dc5d506c
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi Lily,

How big is your group? I've checked you the website and the price has increased to £806 now... thanks for the heads up though. Looking at affordable new year skiing.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sorry @PaulC1984,

Just hijacked your post! Embarassed Toofy Grin
Hopefully see you at Birthday Bash? snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
806 all in at new year- that is a great price!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We were 26 last year, we've only got 4 booked at the moment but then most people are still on their summer holidays. Usually see a surge of people in October. If you pay your £100 deposit before 31 October you get £40 off the 806..
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I will be doing something that week but hadn't really planned anything. Interested in joining up. I'm similar to you, 32, mainly razzing round pistes but starting to venture to simple off piste.

Where would flights be? Being Devon based can make Sunday travelling a pain if having to fly to LGW unless flights are early-ish. Of course if I can fly from Bristol then it's much better.

Pigeondave was also up for something.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Great reminder, I need to book my flights! When I looked at flights a few weeks ago there was a £200 Swiss Air return from Heathrow to Geneva. I live in central London so costs me nothing to get to Heathrow, whereas Easyjet out of Gatwick can work out more expensive because of train fare. We did the coach there and back last year for £190 rtn and can't say I ever want to repeat the experience. The reclining seats don't recline and they prefer you not to use the toilets except for in an emergency.. Also, they have luggage limitations which make lugging all your gear there for that extra day of skiing something of a challenge. So I'd rather arrive well rested. Transfers booked via action outdoors are £80 rtn to Geneva. I tried booking them myself once to La Plagne and honestly didn't save much (also got dumped by the coach at the bottom in the rain and had to share a taxi to the top arriving at 1am) Sad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
yeah i'll do what ever.
I was sort of hoping that @SnoodlesMcFlude, was going to sort something and i just hand him money for fun. (sounds wrong and it was ment to Laughing )
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy