Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Correct heat moulding process

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey there,
I've just bought my first pair of boots and had them heat moulded instore. It was almost closing time so the process was a bit rushed, and I don't think tit was done correctly. Basically I put them on, tied up the laces tight and was told to walk around for five minutes.

Everything I've read online (and on the box of the boots) says stay still for ten minutes until it's fully cooled. I rang the manager the next day to ask if this was normal that i was told to walk around, and he said there are two schools of thought on standing still vs walking around. Because I'm in Australia I don't go that often, a couple of trips a season at least, so the manager was saying it helps to speed up the break in process by walking around in them. I know I don't go much but I still want them fitted properly because I've just spent three hundred bucks on them. I'm worried that even if I remould them, they will never fit as well as they could due to the walking around. And would getting them moulded twice age the boot?

Any thoughts?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hey @dudeonthenet, welcome to SH.

Relax. The boots will be fine. Once you've ridden them a bit they'll certainly soften up a bit more and take on your foot shape. If you are finding the footbeds in the liners are uncomfortable, then the majority of them can be reheated and remoulded if you want to, but after a few days riding this will happen naturally. Personally I like to move around a bit in a boot when they're in that first mould process, particularly weighting them forward and backward, toe and heel, as thats how you're going to be using them.

Out of interest, what boots did you get?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hey Richard, thanks for your reply. Yeah unfortunately I didn't really move from heel to toe much as per the snowboard action, but I guess you get that a little from walking around. I think they can be reheated because they are meant to be 'intuitive'. The boots I've bought are Thirtytwo light JP Walker. And they have a 3D moulded tongue.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Heat moulding only accelerates the bedding in process. They will be fine after a few hours of riding.

I have never had a pair of board boots heat moulded.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy