Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Interski - where to teach?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I'm just in the process of applying to teach with Interski. I'm just looking for advice/experience on the various areas they teach in? Accommodation, distance to travel to ski area each day, quality of ski areas for teaching and busyness during various country's school holidays, Amount of time for free skiing.

The current areas still on offer are Courmayeur, La Thuile, and Pila/Aosta.

If anyone can offer any helpful info I'd be very grateful!

Also if anyone can suggest other ski schools with similar set-ups then please let me know. I've tried Ski2, but not heard anything back from them.

Cheers,

D
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Interski are a great company to work for especially if you are new to teaching.
Can feel a little bit rough around the edges sometimes but they take care of everything and you just need to concentrate on instructing.
Normally you will teach from 10 - 3 and are expected to attend the morning meeting at 9:30.
This normally gives you 1/2 runs before teaching and an 1hr 30 minutes when you finish.

Each resort has it's strengths and weaknesses.

Courmayaur is a lovely town and the free skiing is great , however there is not much terrain for the transition from beginners to intermediate skiers. I think they use 2 hotels one by a lift station and one a bit out of town 15 minute bus ride

La Thuile has a good variation of terrain but is quite exposed so can get windy and white outs are intense due to the lack of trees. Also the town is quiet and they tend to ship you up from Courmayeur so you have to wait for buses before and after teaching around 30 minutes each way.

Pila/Aosta you will have different accommodation depending where they put you and you are in Aosta town which does'nt feel like a ski resort. That being said I love the town and there is plenty of bars and things to do off the hill. Pila is a 20 minute gondola ride from Aosta. The teaching areas are good but you will find yourself lapping the same runs as you get to the end of the week. Also gets very busy over the peak weeks.

I worked for Interski for over 10 years and have made some great friends in the process.
Also I'm pretty sure when you sign up to work you don't have much choice as to where you work.

Hope all of that helps
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Great info, thanks very much!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I would say Pila if you are just starting out, best teaching terrain by far and some decent off piste if the snow is good. plus lots of people to hang with and get to know.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Can only advise on what I seen from a few weeks in aosta.
The staff are all lovely and a great mix so you'll find plenty of friends.
What I heard was try to stay in the city of aosta even if it means a small surcharge, all the younger staff seemed to go to Gekoo and the English pub and looked a lot of fun.
Nice commute on the gondola each morning and most places should be walkable.
Pila is a small resort and well pisted.
I'd love to go back Happy but was only offered hosting work which I didn't fancy.
You'll have a blast!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy