Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Would La Plagne be good for a non-skier with a 4y.o.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I board, MrsTheRed has been on ski's twice (she may try again this time) and it'll be littleTheRed's 1st time on ski's.

Will there be much for them to do in LaPlagne when not on the mountain?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Which La Plagne were you thinking of, as there are 11 of them?:

- Centre
- Belle
- Bellecotes
- Village
- Aime 2000
- Soleil
- Les Coches
- Montchavin
- Montalbert
- Champagny

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/ski/resort-guides/Ski-La-Plagne-resort-guide/

Personally, I would rather be in Arc 1600, as it has a link down to Bourg St. Maurice (a proper town); or Arc 1800, which connects to 1600 with a free shuttle bus.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It also depends quite a lot on what MrsTheRed likes doing. Will she be happy taking 4 year old to ski school then sitting in a café with a coffee and a good book till the end of the lesson, or going for a walk if the weather is nice? Some people need a lot of "entertainment"; others entertain themselves. Some people like to shop, some go on holiday to avoid shopping.....
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
When in the season? Theres more to do for a non skier in March/April than there is in Jan/Feb.
as @Old Fartbag, says there are many villages - 12 if you include La Roche - all very different, with different connections. eg The Altitude villages are connected by ski lifts, pedestrian lifts and Navettes. The others are connected only by ski lift into the altitude villages.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
boredsurfin wrote:
When in the season? Theres more to do for a non skier in March/April than there is in Jan/Feb.
as @Old Fartbag, says there are many villages - 12 if you include La Roche - all very different, with different connections. eg The Altitude villages are connected by ski lifts, pedestrian lifts and Navettes. The others are connected only by ski lift into the altitude villages.

It's hard to keep up. When I first went to La Plagne, Les Coches was very new, Belle Plagne had just opened, Plagne 1800 was about to open and Soleil didn't exist.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Avoriaz would be better especially if you get central accommodation overlooking the kids and beginners slopes which are right in the heart of the resort. Good aqua center and easy access down to Morzine by lift and short free shuttle bus.

Personally I find La Plagne to be the ugliest of the purpose built French ski resorts. Car parks on the snow spring to mind.

Avoriaz is purpose built but seems to fit in better and the wood cladding seems that it is integrated and not an afterthought. Also a short transfer from Geneva.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Arc 1800 would be my first choice with the Mille 8 complex for tobogganing and swimming.

Or Vallandry or Plan Pesiey - Mr can get the Vanoise express to La Plagne if he must (but plenty to do in Les Arcs Paradiski). There is a hotel and spa at Plan Peisey that allows kids in, the Lobster Pots is a great trip for young kids down to Peisey Village, with a hot chocolate at the bottom, and some easy picturesque walking trails.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Avoriaz sounds like a good idea - a bit more manageable. Whoever is in charge of the 4 year old will value having accommodation very (very) near the ski school meeting place.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@thered, yes, I think time of season, what MrsTheRed likes/dislikes doing, how likely it is she will ski and what you're expecting littleTheRed to do with his first experience of skiing all make a difference to whether La Plagne is a good choice. Also what type of accommodation you prefer and whether you're likely to take a holiday package or DIY approach.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@pam w, +1.

Don't know.

All depends on the Mrs habits and interests. I have to say if I didn't like skiing / mountains (which is a hard imagine) I'd struggle to spend a week in any ski resort not skiing, especially if it was costing loads of my hard earned dosh. Generally there really isn't that much to do.

Mrs Ed spent a very nice week in April in Chamonix last year (after a dislocated shoulder in February - so no skiing). She had tea in bed every morning and went running up and down the Chamonix valley- often met us for lunch an then had dinner someone else had made. The chalet team were generally fantastic and the other guests were delightful. But Mrs Ed likes Chamonix and mountains and running and the weather was (mostly) great. I think she'd struggle to see the funny side of a week in a French ski apartment in a purpose built resort, as would I.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy