Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dodge Ski Boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys,
Came across this earlier, anyone had any experience with these?

https://dodgeskiboots.com/boots/
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Bob, I have only seen one pair in the UK and didn't really talk to their owner much.

What would you expect to get from a pair that you wouldn't from any other boot ?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looks like slick marketing, straight out of Dodge City!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
under a new name wrote:
Looks like slick marketing, straight out of Dodge City!

...with spurs to make your skis go faster and jump higher? rolling eyes
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Old Fartbag,

"The Best Boot in the World, Period"
"Superior edge control"
"Remote Fitting System" - ? WTF?

Smells like the bull it came out of.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
must be good at nearly £1000.00 ...!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
No intention to buy any.

I can see their point that as the boots are made from carbon fibre they won't get soft on hot days.

The smartphone app that creates a 3D image of the feet sounds too good to be true, but if it works, could have potential to revolutionise mail order boot shopping. One of the mail order running shoe companies asks you for the size and model of your favourite running shoe, and uses an algorithm to suggest similar fitting shoes.

I read that Sport Conrad have a device for making a 3D scan of a customer's foot in the shop. They then use the scan to suggest a suitable boot shell. I assume that in order to do that they have a database of boot shell scans. If they are doing it in the shop, how long before they can do the same for their mail order customers?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Scanning tech is not there yet, it is close but right now most scanners are using a point to point render rather than a full true 3 d scan, thee is one which is doing a full 3 d scan but as yet they have not for the internal of the skin boot liners scanned so it is only for running and hiking footwear.

Will there come a day when the boot fitter is no longer required? Possibly but I think it is a long way off yet, the cost of the scanners is very high and what happens if the computer suggests a boot and it doesn't work.... who are you going to moan at then?? What they cannot account for at present is the compression tolerance of the individual so until this can be worked into the software and can be tested on the individual then this type of thing is probably best for running shoes as they don't have a hard outer shell.

That said there is some really interesting tech coming over the next few years
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
CEM wrote:
What they cannot account for at present is the compression tolerance of the individual so until this can be worked into the software and can be tested on the individual then this type of thing is probably best for running shoes as they don't have a hard outer shell.

What the machine also cannot account for is that as a species we are a bunch of fickle twats and not always accepting that what is 'technically' right for us is not what we want!!!

Whether this is wanting a more lazy fit than a race fit, or whether you just don't like the colour... computers will not replace a bootfitter until AI has been fully accomplished. Up to that, computers are just working on a selection of constants, only humans can handle true variables.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@dp, a lot of the trouble is people believe the machine over the human already

So scenario 1 a shop gets a scanner system do people flock to them as they have the latest tech however good it is

scenario 2. Shop doesn't get scanner but relies on old school skilled fitters..... do the customers think they are not keeping up with the times so go to shop 1
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Come back in a scant five years and see if they're still in business.....................

ps: Does anyone know where I can pick up some spare parts for my ROSEMOUNT boots..............???
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy