Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Need new skies help!! :)

Poster: A snowHead
Guys as i said on the topic i need new skies
I usualy ski on piste but when there is new fresh snow out there i prefer skiing on powder (here in Turkey its not that snowy)
Also pistes are not well groomed so i'm looking for wider skies
I have 2 skies on my mind but still couldn't decide to choose one, thats why i'm here Very Happy
Völkl kendo and rossignol 88 experiance those are the two skies i'm looking for but if you have another recommendation go ahead
Thank you already
Also sorry for my bad english
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
- How heavy are you?
- How good are you?
- How fast do you like to ski?
- How often do you (realistically) get to ski Off Piste?

BTW. Welcome to snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
165-170cm size skis would be nice for me also as i mentioned i cant say the percentage because it depends on weather conditions but usualy %40 off piste %60 on piste (if there is enough snow i prefer to ski on powder)
İ can call myself as a good skier indermediate or expers skis would be enough for me

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sat 29-07-17 22:38; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
what led you to the Volkl Kendo and Rossignol Experience 88? Have you tried them or just seen them in a catalogue?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
No i haven't tried either of two
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
so what makes you think you want to buy them?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Atayigit, It's not easy to make any recomendation . . . see Q? above . . . but to be honest all the manufacturers make very good skis and it's only our ability to adapt to their individual characteristics that makes any ski good for us. Try to find a magazine that will allow you to join a test sesion (some do) It's a way to ride many skis and form a practical opinion. I love the traditional camber 'Mantras' but I'm heavy and they are stiff, but I telemark, and fall down a lot. One of your best options is to come to the 'End Of Season Bash' ( a (big) gathering of freinds) who like to ski and there are always a couple of ski test days to try many skis.

Do not worry about your language skills, we have a lot of respect for our members who have taken more time and effort than most of us to lear a second or third language . . . welcome to the crazy place Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you like skis that are more on the fun and playful side, which are easier to ski, I'd look at:
- Scott The Ski or Atomic Vantage 90 CTi

If you like a damp, stable ski for higher speeds, which need a decent skill level, I'd look at:
Blizzard Brahma or Nordica Enforcer 93
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Only brands i can buy are rossignol völkl and atomic. We dont have other brands in turkey.
So rossi 88 or völkl kendo which one is more enjoyable to ride and have beter performance ?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There is still not enough info to attempt to answer your question.

We don't know how heavy you are, or how fast you like to ski.

"Better performance" is too vague....
- better in bumps?
- better at high speed carving?
- better in Powder, or Crud or Ice?
- better for pivoting and skidding ie more playful

One of the skis I suggested, was from Atomic and covers all areas reasonably well....but is master of none.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
i'm not gonna use it just in one condition so the ski i want should do all the mountain conditions like powder, fresh groomed snow or late bumpy smow when there is nice tracked snow i like to ride fast but i also like skiing soft and slow ond powder. So im looking for all mountain ski because in my resort there is no thing such a one condition you can see all conditions early fresh snow late molten snow bumped or groomed snow etc..
i'm 65 kilo (dont know other system so sorry lol )
İ hope i gave all the informations you like to learn
Also it would be easier to buy rossi or völkl for me since its not that easy to find atomic 90 etc here
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
From your description and your weight.....I would still go with the Atomic or the Scott.

If you can demo your personal preferences, that is best....if not, you should be able to buy the Atomic here:
https://www.glisshop.co.uk/pack_ski/atomic/vantage_90_cti_nx_11_b100_black_white-81231.html

or the Scott:
https://www.glisshop.co.uk/pack_ski/scott/the_ski_nx_11_b100_black_white-83327.html

https://www.glisshop.co.uk/pack_ski/scott/the_ski_free_ten_100mm_white_black_anthracite-103925.html
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Old Fartbag, I think the problem may be that such companies don't deliver to Turkey, so local purchase may be the only option.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Scarlet wrote:
@Old Fartbag, I think the problem may be that such companies don't deliver to Turkey, so local purchase may be the only option.

Thanks, you could be right

We'll probably be on that "won't deliver to" list soon. rolling eyes
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
They should be delivering to turkey but because of our customs policity the price would go up at least double.
So as i said i can only fing rossignol or völkl here. (There are atomic or blizzard skies but not for all mountain only on piste skis you can find)
Rossi or völkl thats the main question
latest report
Atayigit wrote:
They should be delivering to turkey but because of our customs policity the price would go up at least double.
So as i said i can only fing rossignol or völkl here. (There are atomic or blizzard skies but not for all mountain only on piste skis you can find)

I believe the Kendo is even stiffer than the Experience 88, so at your weight of 65kg, that would push me towards suggesting that the Rossignol is more suitable. I would also expect the Rossi to have a bit more float and be a little lighter and more playful under foot.
latest report
Atayigit wrote:

If you had a ski trip to an EU country and bought some skis there at the start of your holiday would you be able to then bring the skis back to Turkey as part of your luggage in a ski bag without having to pay any customs duty? How would the officials know that you'd bought the skis outside Turkey (unless they were able to check with the airline that you hadn't taken skis out with you on the flight from Turkey)?

P.S welcome to snowHeads! snowHead
snow conditions
Alastair Pink wrote:
Atayigit wrote:

If you had a ski trip to an EU country and bought some skis there at the start of your holiday would you be able to then bring the skis back to Turkey as part of your luggage in a ski bag without having to pay any customs duty? How would the officials know that you'd bought the skis outside Turkey (unless they were able to check with the airline that you hadn't taken skis out with you on the flight from Turkey)?

P.S welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

it's doable, you dont have to pay any extras
Also if you show your bill you can bring your tax money back.
But i'm not planning to go eu or us so i can only buy from my country. Also it would be nice if the skies were ready before the ski trip not after
snow conditions
Old Fartbag wrote:
Atayigit wrote:

I believe the Kendo is even stiffer than the Experience 88, so at your weight of 65kg, that would push me towards suggesting that the Rossignol is more suitable. I would also expect the Rossi to have a bit more float and be a little lighter and more playful under foot.

Does rossi lighter than the kendo ? İf it does
İt will be more suitable for me. But i've heard kendo is better when it comes to powder what do you think, can rossi be as good as kendo on the powder or does it sink on the snow ?
ski holidays
Atayigit wrote:

Does rossi lighter than the kendo ? İf it does
İt will be more suitable for me. But i've heard kendo is better when it comes to powder what do you think, can rossi be as good as kendo on the powder or does it sink on the snow ?

I have not skied these skis, so only going on what I've read.

I believe the Rossi is lighter and slightly better in powder.

I believe the Volkl is stiffer and slightly better at carving.

Both are pretty stable.

They appear quite similar, but the Rossi seems more suitable for lighter skiers, who aren't expert.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy