Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dale Boots update

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@dp, my thoughts as well.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pleased to say that Richard from Dale Boot UK in Abingdon responded to my messages and I saw him yesterday. He was able to identify the causes and resolve my comfort issues with the boots. Great service and lovely bloke.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
They were very tight in the shop on the last buckle but I was assured this was normal and would ease with use.

Had they been off the shelf boots I would have rejected them, but the shells were supposedly moulded specifically for my feet and James was obviously an expert so on that basis I accepted them.

Colin at Bicester had told me that my previous boots were too big as they had to accomodate my high instep which is why he recommended Dale.

Confirmation bias is quite powerful, I assumed this was how properly fitted, custom made boots felt like. In the fitting almost all of the time was spent on the inner boot and it was taken as a given the shells were fine.

Only when I skied in them did the feeling go from being very tight to unbearable pain.

Richard still hasn't replied.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@John1952, the recommendation for dale boot would have been a combination of high instep AND lack of ankle joint range of motion

Not sure how hard you have tried to get hold of Richard, he has been away for a couple of weeks but is back now, phone is always a little problematic as he is on his own in there and if working on a boot getting the phone is a juggling act

The website is www.daleboot.co.uk or the direct e mail is Richard@daleboot.com ( not the same as the .co.uk web site)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Richard from Dale responded and is very confident he can fix whatever the problem is with the boots.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Richard fixed the problem with my Dale Boots.
Fantastic service from him and very highly recommended.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
So glad found this, got some Dale boots 3 years ago and so good want to get a second pair in case lose the origionals. Having been run over by an artic lorry 30 yrs ago have always somewhat struggled with my R boot, ankle is 20% larger then L with 1/2 the mobility, James after some head shaking sorted it! Hopefully Richard can replicate!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Welcome to snowHeads @mdopto, snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I am so envious of my husbands new Dale boots. He has major issues with one of his ankles and Colin sent us down to Richard. A couple of months later we went back on Friday for final fitting. The ease with which my husbands effectively atrophied ankle goes in and out of the boot is a revelation. No more struggling in the boot room for him, he will be waiting for me to get in and out of my boots rather than the other way round. The look on his face as he walked around Richards workshop was a revelation, I have no doubt skiing will be even more of a joy for my husband than previously. A big thank you to Richard and to Colin for sending us to Richard.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy