Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach Village Info ??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking at going to Saalbach next March .

1) Is there a main High street with all the Restaurants/bars/shops etc or are they scattered all over the village

2)I dont mind walking any sort of distance from my accommodation to the ski lift but cant stand doing it in ski boots ,so i tend to hire next to the ski lift so i can drop them off at the end of each day .Is there preference on what lift to use most mornings as the seem to go different sides of the valley
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes there's a main street with all the bars and shops on/off it, although they are not all close together. For instance the excellent Bobby's Pub is right at the bottom end of town, and Bauer's Schialm is right up the other end beneath the nursery slope. Also, the best apres bar, the Hinterhag Alm, is at the top of the nursery slope and you ski down from it back to town.

The centre's not that big though, it doesn't take long to walk up the main street.

There's no real lift preference, you just go where you like! We tended to get the Kohlmais lift most mornings but I'm not sure if you can leave skis there, hopefully someone with more knowledge will come along and advise you better.

Saalbach is awesome.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@wasley, 1) One main street full of restaurants, shops etc plus two small side streets with more restaurants, bars and shops. You can walk from one end to the other in 5 minutes.

2). Imagine a letter Y with a lift at each of the 3 points and about 200m from the top 2 points to the bottom one - Saalbach's lifts are arranged like this. Bernkogel lift at top left, Kohlmais at top right and Schattberg at the bottom. Each lift serves a different area, so if you rent close to one lift you are 100-200m from the other ones. Nowhere is more than 10 minutes from anywhere else in the centre of Saalbach, even in ski boots.

The Intersport shop and Scharnagl shop opposite the Kohlmais lift have ski/boot depots for customers. At the bottom end of the street, Furstauer, Ski Pro and Sport 2000 are close to the Schattberg lift and have depots. Two more Intersport shops and another Ski Pro shop are at the top end of the main street close to the Bernkogel lift (and the Türm lift that links to the Kohlmais lift). Other rental options are the two Snowacademy shops linked to their ski school, Hagleitner and Hansi's - where Snowheads get a good discount and 'refreshment'.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@wasley, If you would like a copy of my comprehensive guide to Saalbach, covering just about anything you're likely to want to know, pm me your email address.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy