Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Complex questions re ski equipment in 2017/2018

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
There is no replacement as many have said for a good boot fitter as often things that hurt in one place have a counter intuitive cause in another place Ie your shins hurt, that might be because the ankle fit is too loose etc.

However in terms of specficially having wide feet. I also have wide feet. Head do a wide last boot in the Vector, now the Vector EVO and I believe that Salomon have a wide last boot. Basically look for wide last boots.

The other option is the Apex boots, which have done very well in America and this year for the first time are being distributed in the UK by Ellis Brigham so you can actually try before you buy. If you really have problem fit they could be an alternative.

My own personal jury is out on whether they are a gimmick or the future, time and reports here will tell. I am 2-3 years away from needing new boots, so will see if they still exist then Smile

G
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The engineer in me likes the concept of the Apex boot.

But the experienced skier wonders a. what mass-market problem they're trying to solve that isn't solved by decent boot fitting and b. thinks the performance is unlikely to be satisfactory.

@gordonrussell76, wide feet or wide fore-feet...? I have wide forefeet relative to slim ankles, so I am best served by a narrow last blown out as required...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Under a new name, your quite right, interestingly I am the same Wide fore feet narrow ankle and the Vector works for me. It was sold to me being good for that shape feet and in addition it has two ankle retaining strips you can put in liner that firm up liner just above balls of your ankle on either side holding it in place. However I have never yet needed them, ankle retention is fine so far after 4 seasons/13 weeks of sking. I have kept the little plastic bits just in case the boot does get sloppy in the future as it might buy me another season and I am tight Smile

However it comes back to the same point which is bootfitter as what works for me, won't work for everyone.

Regarding APEX boot, I agree I don't think they are necessarily solving anything a good boot fitter can't or at least that is not the main aim, it may be a side benefit, remains to be seen.

I think the main USP or thing that attracts me to Apex is that Lunch time, après ski, or when picking up daughter from ski school etc, I can pop the inner boot out of the frame and basically be in snowboard boots which will be a massive improvement in terms of going about the non skiing bits of my holiday. That moment my daughter refuses to use the button lift as she wants to walk up the hill or when we suddenly decide we are going to build a snowman instead of ski etc. However these are edge cases and its an expensive boot. As I said internal jury firmly out Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy